Large Rdwc Set Up

• Thread starter BDGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDGrows

BDGrows

Hey everyone, I was going to upgrade to a large RDWC system, about 32 5 gal buckets. What are some things I need to keep in mind when making this setup? Id rather learn from others, than repeat mistakes previously made. Does anyone have a blueprint I could follow or a place for suggestions? Thanks for the help,

- BD

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's getting into a pretty hi flow rate and not sure your going to be able to do that in traditional 5gal buckets. You would need a 1500gph min. return pump and 2" return line with at least 3" feed and probably 4" which probably won't fit your tradition 5gal pail well. I guess you could run 4 outlets from the epi, 2 on each loop with a 800ish GPH return pump on each loop that go back to the epi. So 4 oulets and 2 inlets at the epi. 1.5" return and 3" feed

Just my thoughts but @heisenbubble is prob the guy you want to talk to.

H

heisen

Hey everyone, I was going to upgrade to a large RDWC system, about 32 5 gal buckets. What are some things I need to keep in mind when making this setup? Id rather learn from others, than repeat mistakes previously made. Does anyone have a blueprint I could follow or a place for suggestions? Thanks for the help,

- BD
First thing to ask yourself is what's your veg time,how long do you want to veg for would be the key to the size buckets u need.whats your ceiling height and are you growing under trellis or open room with overhead lighting

BDGrows

BDGrows

First thing to ask yourself is what's your veg time,how long do you want to veg for would be the key to the size buckets u need.whats your ceiling height and are you growing under trellis or open room with overhead lighting

Veg would be 2 - 3 weeks and my ceiling are 10'. And honestly, im not sure; I was thinking of doing a single screen, but with 10' of room, I might just let em do their thing. I am going to do COB leds and have them hang overhead. Thank you for your help, I wanna do this right the first time.

- BD

H

heisen

2 to 3 week veg you can get the black 4 gallon buckets and there more than enough,on 24 inch centers.with that many buckets I would go with bulkheads so no leaks and at least a 50 gallon top off res.
1/2 HP chiller will work if there insulated.

BDGrows

BDGrows

2 to 3 week veg you can get the black 4 gallon buckets and there more than enough,on 24 inch centers.with that many buckets I would go with bulkheads so no leaks and at least a 50 gallon top off res.
1/2 HP chiller will work if there insulated.

I was reading a thread you posted in earlier, and I am 100% going to go with the bulk heads. I run a really small RDWC system now, 3 buckets, and leaks have been an absolute nightmare. Out of curiosity, could i simply just wrap them in insulation or would I need to do something special? I was thinking of using 2" for the feed and return and what about the heigh issue? Should I do a SCROG or just let em grow tall? Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

- BD

Top Bottom