latest new jersey news

• Thread starter soserthc1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

Proposed medical marijuana treatment center in Maple Shade to seek approval for site this week
Published: Monday, October 10, 2011, 7:33 AM Updated: Monday, October 10, 2011, 7:33 AM
By The Associated Press The Associated Press

MAPLE SHADE — The zoning board in Maple Shade could become the first in New Jersey to grant local approval for a medical marijuana alternative treatment center.

Compassionate Science Alternative Treatment Center hopes to open to patients early next year in a vacant store on Route 73. But first it needs a zoning variance.

A hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.

None of the five other nonprofit groups with licenses to open medical marijuana facilities in the state has announced that it has zoning approval. At least two of the others are still deciding on locations.

New Jersey officials say they'll publish final regulations for the fledgling industry late this year, with the hope that centers can open early in 2012.

Related coverage:

Well this is the latest if you can make it there - please do we need to stand up for our rights - ill keep anyone interested posted peace:fighting0085:

soserthc1

soserthc1

the above proposed site was voted down - so we will still be delayed and now CHRISTIE looks like he wants to be vice president, let hope his republican party loses.....there are people who desperatley need this med and to continue to dangle it there face is worse than just saying no to medical mj , either do it or dont but tired of hearing will be up and running by 2012 - gotta stand before you can run , and it appears as though no one will stand up.......... feel sorry for the people that only have months to live and the medication will ease there suffering but hey they could always run to the 1000 liquer stores and grab some everclear grain alchol

S

SSHZ

Of course it was voted down. It's N.J. bro.........

Now that the gov. has disallowed deducting most business expenses on Federal Tax returns for these businesses, given the ones currently operating 45 days to close and threatened to take assets and property from landlords- anyone with common sense will not open until it's all straightened out.

No matter what the states pass, until the fed's are aligned with it all- it's a losing battle. What I believe you will see in the coming years is the fed's running (or hiring someone to run) a national network of locations (like state liquor stores) where everything can be controlled from start to finish. Big pharmaceutical company's want to be involved, and they are pumping millions into lobbying to make it happen. They gov. can see that without a firm hand, it's gotten out of control, which it has.

soserthc1

soserthc1

:sign0065:you got it SSHZ - The gov't does not trust people to be honest with there income as most people are not (take your income tax for example) - they want there hand on the mac card so they know exactly what you deposited in the bank, not the deposit slip..... plus christie is eyeing up the vice pres job and legalizing mj would destroy that hope

S

SSHZ

I don't believe Christie has interest in the V.P. job........it's not about that IMO. They want to be the grower, the processor, the seller, and the taxer........ The scope of business being done in a short time was mind boggling and they finally have seen the potential in the industry. It's like liquor------from small stills to large production. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

soserthc1

soserthc1

yea very true cannabis could generate the same or more amount of money and i'm not real sure Christie is not interested seen him last week on tv with (i forget the guys name ) rep running for prez and they ask the dude if christie would be his choise for vp and he stated christie is doing a excellent job in NJ and would be a great choice and christie danced around the question - he did not say he was not interested , i believe he is looking to run in 2016 either way , do to the cali situation no one will be opening disp any time soon, thats for sure....peace bro nice talking to you - hope all is well only another 9 years and 10 months before i get to visit you lol

S

SSHZ

Oh...... that was you, huh? LOL

Keep this up and I may shave a few years off that number........

Other states are now receiving the same letter so it's spreading thru the country now. It's only a matter of time before everyone is driven either out of business or underground in a "non-retail" setting.........

soserthc1

soserthc1

Oh...... that was you, huh? LOL

Keep this up and I may shave a few years off that number........

Other states are now receiving the same letter so it's spreading thru the country now. It's only a matter of time before everyone is driven either out of business or underground in a "non-retail" setting.........

nice cut me down a year lol- your only a 2-3 hr drive....... ill catch up with you at one of the cups plan on attending the next one in the states, but i def will be at the cannabis cup in amsterdam next year - cant shovel out the money this year its a damn disney world vacation for christmas this year..... wonder what mickey has in his personal stash???

Latest posts

Top Bottom