Leaf Claw And Some Wilt, Need Some Advice

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

Yeah, me too. I just have a 6 unit CCUC setup running for a couple weeks and am having a rough go of it!
Mine is running great, whats happening? Are you having a build issue or is there an issue in a UC grow?

Dee

Sonnyhad

Sonnyhad

Mine is running great, whats happening? Are you having a build issue or is there an issue in a UC grow?

Dee
Grow issue I'm sure. First dwc grow in a uc grow. Brown roots and no growth or very slow.

Sonnyhad

Sonnyhad

I would say week 2, ph 6.1, ppm 320, but my tap water is 120-150 ppm so that puts my actual ppm at 170-200. Am I figuring it right? Water temp between 67-69 on a chiller. I am using cultured solutions products.
I think humidity was low at 35 so put a humidifier in and it's 62% now. One thing after another! I have 7 mm per gal of uc roots in the system now and the next batch of feed at 1/4 strength in the top of res.

chemistry

chemistry

I would say week 2, ph 6.1, ppm 320, but my tap water is 120-150 ppm so that puts my actual ppm at 170-200. Am I figuring it right? Water temp between 67-69 on a chiller. I am using cultured solutions products.

I grow in DWC, my water from the tap is 200+ppm. I take the 200 out of the equation as my plants don't seem to be able to use it because it's so hard, and I have to add Calmag even though there is probably an abundance of natural Calmag locked in the water.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The plant was only wet cause I took the dripper out to take the picture. Normally they are hidden under the coco mat that is preventing algae blooms.

I was doing 15 minutes on 45min off but I was warned about letting the roots dry out. However, I was still skeptical that they would dry out that fast. I have a timer capable of gong 15 on and 15 off but I don't have 24 hour resolution that will go any finer....digital ones only have 7 programs so every 10 is not possible with timers I currently have. Is there a timer that can do smaller increments out there? I looked around but didn't find any.

Just curious about your opinion: If DWC and RDWC have the roots in the water all the time then why would having moving water on the roots all the time matter or be a problem? Not being critical but just wondering.

Many times I don't get replies to posts so I really do appreciate the feedback.

D

Analog Deep Cycle Timer
https://www.amazon.com/Century-Shor...1-fkmr2&keywords=hydroponics+Timer+Deep+Cycle

Top Bottom