leaf curl/twist... edges of leavves curling under..

• Thread starter Dr.DWC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr.DWC

leaf curl/twist... edges of foliage curling under..

hey folks

firstly i am growing a recirc perlite/coco run... let me explain... firstly plants were in 6L pots of coco, then i decided to repot them into 33L perlite pots recirculated... now they were growing excellent for the first 3 weeks after transplanted into the perlite, now the edges of the leaves are curling under and only new growth is twisting and curling.. looks ugly as hell

ive nailed it down to a possible few things...

A, Salt build up in the coco because each pot as i said has 6L chunk of coco in the centre of the perlite pots, which that plants were originally in.. - so i flushed it all very good and refilled res to 500ppm and 5.8

B, Nitrogen toxicity... as the nutes i am using are still the canna coco nutes which are 23-17-13 which is very high in nitrogen... ive read that this can curl your leaves and make twisted/mottled new growth.... and the newest growth is DARK green... i mean real dark green... but since i backed off the nutes 2 days ago the new growth is very pale green almost yellow on a couple plants... :sweating Im leaning towards nitrogen toxicity

So both of them should hopefully have been sorted this afternoon when i flushed... as i afterwards dropped the ppm of the res down to 400ppm so they arent reciving as much nitrogen - i am going to buy new nutes tomorrow. As im using coco specific nutes and majority of the medium is perlite... and as mentioned the nutes are 23-17-13.. HIGH NITROGEN...... :sign0065:

and then theres C,

C, ph fluctuation... but water goes in at 5.8 and comes out 5.8/5.9 and plants are still growing just new foliage is absolutly mottled/curled/twisting...

All them 3 different problems mentioned above from wehat ive read can cause this mottled/twisting in the leaves...

In your opinions, what do you think this leaf curl is because of ? I dont beleave that its over watering as it looks nothing like it, 99% of the plant is standing up looking healthy except for the top new growth is coming out with the leaf claw and twisting and mottled... almost wrinkled..

plants are watered every 3 hrs and get a good flooding... the system is a 33l pot inside another 33L pot, the bottom pots irrigated water back to the res.. roots have grown well thru the perlite and they are hanging out of the top pot into the bottom pot if i lift the top pot up, can see dangling roots... lots of em

only additives im using are Dutch Master Zone - a rootzone additive, and occasionally some cannazyme and silica

heres some pics

i wanna flip them to 12/12 yesterday but i need to get this problem sorted else im scared itll have a impact on yeild...

EDIT - i have also never flushed the perlite nor the coco up untill today, the coco was pre-washed before use tho, i never flushed the system throughout this grow as i didnt know there was a need to, this is my first grow hydroponics using an inert media..

As mentioned aboove i gave the plants a hardcore flush today which would resolve the prob if it was a salt build-up... water at 20ppm was going in and coming out at 550ppm... flushed and flushed till only 100ppm water was coming out as run off.. and the flush would of helped if it is a nitrogen toxicity... and the ph of the run off is fair steady at 5.8-6.0 right now...

i have done all the flushing this afternoon and hopefully to see some changes within the week.. added some flora kleen to the flush which is supposed to help remove salts...

any info/advice appreciated..

Leaf curltwist edges of leavves curling under
Leaf curltwist edges of leavves curling under 2
Leaf curltwist edges of leavves curling under 3
The Frost

The Frost

It looks to to me like overfert. What were you originally feeding them at before the issues became visible? And it will take a few days for it to show recovery.

I have a super sensitive Red Diesel and it is showing same thing.
It also looks like a sativa, some are just super sensitive and require literally half strength nutes to the others. And my feedin hasn't gone over 1.2 e.c it locked them out going into flower and they are slowly coming good at 1 e.c.

Hope it helps.

D

Dr.DWC

they have been fed at 1.2 through the whole grow, but i never flushed the system...

so i have given a good flush for the last 2 days and they were on straight water last night, and i am going to feed them tomorrow at 300ppm, half strength

plants are 5 weeks old from clone and are about 4ft x 2ft .. wanting to flip them to 12/12 but gotta sort this problem out first... have given them a good flush and can only want n see now... ph is fine, and nutes are lowered so ive cleared both possibilities of it being nitrogen toxicity/salt build up...

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
What's the humidity in that room? And what is the heat source? Is there some dry hot air blowing on those plants, or is the humidity low?

hiboy

hiboy

Back to the basics bro

Veg humidity at 50%
ppm under 750
ph at 6 for hydro , a little higher for dirt
Looks like ur ppms are high , u got the claw
dont think bugs are the culprit
Give em base nutes, and flush ya shitz first,
h

hiboy

hiboy

Run some water thru ur pots, and keep what comes out. Test that ppm
i bet u its above 1000. And thats ur problem
h

D

Dr.DWC

humidity is 50%, temps around 26-28degrees celcius...

i did flush the plants good, run off was coming out at 550ppm and after flushing and flushing i got it to 65ppm the run off...

have renuted at half strength but appears to of been a nitrogen toxicity... the nutes i was using were 23-17-13 canna coco nutes... im guessing since i never flushed the system before that salt build-up over the salt 4 weeks and finally got to a point where this has happened...

i have flushed the system good, got the run off down to 65ppm, it goes in at 30ppm tap water ph adjusted... i have re-nuted them at 300ppm and given them a dose of some vitamins/hormones in the form of super thrive and OZITONIC AND MONSTABUD.

see how they pan out over the next week..

Top Bottom