Leaf Galls

• Thread starter MrSinilindin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrSinilindin

MrSinilindin

Well I didn't even get any haters, trolls, or flamers on my thread asking for help identifying what I though was an alien caterpillar.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/caterpillar-id.98355/

These are (most likely) leaf galls, caused by mite activity. I suspect broad mites based on their size (invisible/microscopic) but haven't seen anything here about galls, and still wonder how common they are in cannabis.

More importantly, whether broad mites do cause galls, or whether I managed to bring in another type of mite that normally affects other trees.

"Maple spindle gall" is the closest in form and structure, but these are much much smaller.

Mites overwinter in there and hatch out later, so best to destroy these even if you're using predators to tackle the mites themselves. Fallacis mites from arbico seem to be taking care of the active mites, as newer leaves are looking healthier.

Worm day 4jpg
Leaf edge 2jpg
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Fortunately I haven’t encountered these bro. But what’s your battle plan?
Green cure/ / green cleaner?
Sm 90 is also a good broad spectrum safe alternative
Sulfur works on russets and it’s cousins too.
Hope for the best and pls do keep us updated. The battle will be epic for sure!! :)

MrSinilindin

MrSinilindin

I could wear SM90 as cologne, love that stuff.
This round I am giving the good bugs a shot.

T minus 48: Knock-down spray with neem oil, emulsified with potassium silicate and bronners. Heavy spray (2 tsp/qt), once in am and again in pm (first and last hour of lights-out).
T minus 24: Soap spray to wash residual neem

Day One: released 2000 Neoseiulus Californicus predator mites
* I had ordered Neoseiulus Fallacis, which Arbico recommended as more effective, but the sent cali by mistake

Day Five: called Arbico after holiday weekend, they are sending the fallacis. Both are effective but fallacis are a little more effective apparently. I guess this round of californicus are a bonus head start.

I am still seeing some leaf issues on the most infested plant, but fan leaves are praying again and there is new growth happening. Veggers had seemed a little stunted.

I am getting into the IPM and looking forward to seeing how these predators work out. It's an added expense but timed right it may be an effective move to release mid-flower, no matter what. They can live on pollen when pests are low (arbico sells a food for them).

You can see the deformation and damage on the leaf to the right.

BM
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Looks like they are recovering, slow but I’m sure u got the worst of em out

Top Bottom