Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Leaf Problem Or Unknown Problem

Discussion in 'General Indoor Growing' started by Hands On, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Leaf problem or Unknown problem

These 2.5 weeks old bagseed seedlings started turning this yellow-brownish looking color on the fan leaves above the cotyledon, days later they were a little crisp. I have check the charts to see if I could figure this out…. but I’m asking all you expert what do you think is the problem

This is not a PH problem (the other strains all have the same water, soil mix, ect)
    No Nutes have been giving

Any info or suggestion will be fully appreciated

_MG_3966.JPG
    _MG_3960.JPG
    _MG_3961.JPG
    _MG_3962.JPG
    _MG_3963.JPG
    _MG_3964.JPG
    _MG_3965.JPG
  2. I would say theres an issue with the root zone.
    But i wouldnt be so quick to say it isn't a Ph issue just because your other ones are in the same environment.
    Since they are bag seeds, you have no idea about the genetics and possible phenom types... I breed alot of my own strains and i can plant 5 seeds out of the same batch and some will do very well as far as environmental conditions but there might be that one Thats just fussy and needs things to be 100% exact to grow correctly (i consider that an undesirable trait)
    So with that being said i wouldnt blow off the idea of ph issues.
    Ill also ask, what type of soil is that? If its bag soil then it does already have nutes in it most likely.
    My 2 cents is this... Flush that cup with 5 parts water (5 solo cups of water) let it dry out a bit (maybe a week) then resume small waterings.
    Make sure you have good drainage holes in those. In solo cups/dixie cups, if the holes are to small they clog easy and create poor drainage conditions. A hole about the size of a pencile lead is right in the zone you want. I find three holes around the bottom edge is perfect.

3. Thanks for your input...i have already flush the cups,yes there are holes in the bottom of the cups and im waiting til they dry out before moving forward

4. PH is 6.3-6.8 water ppm 245

5. CrimsonEcho

CrimsonEcho Moderator Staff Member

You are not letting the runoff water wick back to medium after waterings right?
    I did that once out of laziness. Boom! Root rot :)

6. No wicking,...we dump the runoff

CrimsonEcho likes this.
  7. CrimsonEcho

CrimsonEcho Moderator Staff Member

I hope its not root rot, it is sad to lose little ones.. maybe overwatered then, lets see if drying helps it.

Ina, Madmax and Hands On like this.
  8. Rootbound

Rootbound Moderator Staff Member

They look hungry.

9. im trying to keep them going

10. I will feed them soon

11. Madmax

Madmax

Looks like too much water in medium.with maybe a little heat??may take awhile to recover.id up pot them then you will b able to examine roots when you do..

CrimsonEcho and Hands On like this.
  12. Jimster

Jimster

Looks like a funky seed to me. I have often seen some seeds that start off gimpy...some recover and some don't. I would let it go for another week or so and see if it perks up. I don't use hydros and I'm not familiar with all of the potential problems, but it looks like it just is going to take a little bit to get it's crap together.

Hands On likes this.
  13. Rootbound

What are they planted in? Peat mix?

14. Peat, perlite and lime

15. Rootbound

Peat and perlite are inert, not nutes in them. I would think they are hungry after being fed plain water for 2 weeks.

Smokesmcghee likes this.
  16. I will be feeding soon