Learning How To Think Different

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Greetings fellow farmers! While cruising along in my 4x4 tent I've decided to have a little fun and do my first auto grow so I thought I'd share my experience here. Dutch Passion's Think Different is the strain this time around.

I'll be growing her in my veg/nursery section which is almost 4 x 2. She'll spend her time under four T5 HO 54W(216W) in a #1 nursery pot. I think Auto's like bigger pots generally around 2-4 gallons if I'm not mistaken, but my aim isn't max yield with this. I just want to have some fun!

I'll be using 100% coco coir, veg+bloom, +life and Shine. pH 5.8-6.0. 18/6 till chop. You ready? I know I am.

24 hrs in the moist paper towel inside of a tupperware container marks 1 day.
Learning how to think different

End of Day 2
Learning how to think different 2

Beginning of Day 3
Learning how to think different 3

justiceman

justiceman

They move fast don't they. I grew some northern lights autos and they were lighting fast! Unfortunately I bought a crappy drip feed system for while I was away and came home to a pile of brown crispy crap!
Such a shame! They sure do move fast indeed. Just took this picture and she's already taller and greener than earlier this morning.

IMG 8332

Last edited:
justiceman

justiceman

Hellz yea I'm on board man..I've been curious about autoflowers glad I get to see it step by step..can't wait to see the beaut u put out
I have also been curious. Hopefully I can provide a good idea about them for you.

Autos??? What are autos?
Hahaha no clue man. I saw some wierdos around here growing them. Are they even called Autos. Maybe it was Ottos? Anyway I hear they don't need any light to flower so I'm gonna do 6 hours on 18 off so I can at least look her sometimes.

I'm in for kiks.
That's what I'm talking about!

Currently growing my first autos after growing photo period for years. They grow crazy quick and its like poof! one day they have little nugs on em.
That's what I've been hearing. This is gonna be so fun!

Good luck with it man. I did a think different in my last but one grow. 11litre in coco dtw and it produced 6.5oz. Lovely smoke.

View attachment 669796
Ya I guess that's an alright yield.... hahaha just messing that's disgusting. So awesome. I'm glad I chose a smaller pot now hahahaha.
Autoflower
He friggin knows! Dang joker lmao.

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

I have also been curious. Hopefully I can provide a good idea about them for you.

Hahaha no clue man. I saw some wierdos around here growing them. Are they even called Autos. Maybe it was Ottos? Anyway I hear they don't need any light to flower so I'm gonna do 6 hours on 18 off so I can at least look her sometimes.

That's what I'm talking about!

That's what I've been hearing. This is gonna be so fun!

Ya I guess that's an alright yield.... hahaha just messing that's disgusting. So awesome. I'm glad I chose a smaller pot now hahahaha.

He friggin knows! Dang joker lmao.
I had a suspicion...I knew I shouldn't have took the bait lol

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So let me bust some myths...
Did you buy autos from reputable dealers. Did you get high yield strains?
Or you running hydro?
If you answered yes to all them treat it as a photo...
1. Ec 21 days 1.6 ec 40 days and top them if they look like mine at 30 days! Fuchs what they say about topping... but wait till 30 days.
Newbies you didn't read that!
Justice you could if you ran coco and dtw. ..
But I wouldn't recommend it under any other circumstances. ..

justiceman

justiceman

So let me bust some myths...
Did you buy autos from reputable dealers. Did you get high yield strains?
Or you running hydro?
If you answered yes to all them treat it as a photo...
1. Ec 21 days 1.6 ec 40 days and top them if they look like mine at 30 days! Fuchs what they say about topping... but wait till 30 days.
Newbies you didn't read that!
Justice you could if you ran coco and dtw. ..
But I wouldn't recommend it under any other circumstances. ..
Hahaha yes to all of those indeed. I'll keep that advice in mind about topping. I've read it's best to avoid it but I can totally see it working well with a fast growing hydro plant. I still need to peruse through your thread some more. Since I'm limited on hieght I'm either gonna do that or maybe some LST.
is there a optimal light schedule for autos?
Yup just like event said 18/6, 24/0 or 24 if you really want to but I hear 24 is mostly a waste of power. I'm going with 18/6 since that's how I veg anyway.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hahaha yes to all of those indeed. I'll keep that advice in mind about topping. Since I'm limited on hieght I'm either gonna do that or maybe some LST.

Yup just like event said 18/6, 24/0 or 24 ig you really want to but I hear 24 is mostly a waste of power. I'm going with 18/6 since that's how I veg anyway.
I actually ran 18-6 on my last autos and then the last 2 weeks i hit them with 24/7
I have absolutly no idea if it helped. Saw where someone else had been doing it and swore by it. I did get 5 ozs off that auto,,, so who knows...

justiceman

justiceman

I actually ran 18-6 on my last autos and then the last 2 weeks i hit them with 24/7
I have absolutly no idea if it helped. Saw where someone else had been doing it and swore by it. I did get 5 ozs off that auto,,, so who knows...

Very Interesting.... hmmmmmm. Never thought of ramping up light hours to increase yield during flower. Then again I've never grown an auto haha.

Top Bottom