Leaves Discoloring

• Thread starter Sctanley007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sctanley007

I’m brand new to growing and this is my first try at it. I’m growing in space buckets each with a 150 ufo and fans. Seeds were bag seed but I know they are DT. Growing in Oceans Forest and feeding Grow Big.

The plants are 23 days old and the one pictured looked perfect until this week. The purple black began to appear and now the leaves look like they’re almost burnt.

Only changes recently made have been foliar spraying cleared iron and diluted Grow Big. I’m figuring that is the issue. I have been spraying and putting lids on without fans running. Till today the fans have been cycling on and off. They have been set to constantly run now.

Any advice, tips or pointers are appreciated

Leaves discoloring
Leaves discoloring 2
Leaves discoloring 3
S

Sctanley007

Next time you water ph the runoff.. Its probably low
Thanks. They’re due to be watered tomorrow and I will check it.

What is the fastest way to increase the ph? What I’ve read says to add lime which would take a while to kick in no?

S

Sctanley007

I ended up watering them today. The ph is at 7. However, I tested the phosphorus and it’s really low.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Looks like over watering to me! Drooping is oxygen deprived roots. You're newer leaves look bloated from to much water and when they stay bloated to long they start turning crinkled. You can't rush the growth, won't work! Water you're plants when you can pick you're bucket up with 2 fingers! When you over water you're root cells will close up and stop up taking nutrients in turn causing yellowing leaves and eventually root rot. Remember roots are the most important aspect to the out come. You want you're leaves standing almost straight up and that tells you their happy!

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Not an expert on these bagged soils but should you be feeding over top of ocean forest? Isn't OF already amended?
for packaged soil typically in FFoF you don't need to amend for at least 3-4 weeks. No need to feed or amend during this time. Feeding in ffof is asking for trouble with nute burn or N toxicity. Also be sure if you up pot into fresh soil don't put them into sexing or flower cycle until the ffof has been depleted for a few more weeks or longer as once in flower a lot of N isn't a good thing.......

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Nitrogen is very important during bloom! That old theory of cutting nitrogen during flowering is out, been out! You don't want to deplete you're nitrogen till final couple weeks or final flush. The stretch phase is the largest veg phase of the plants life and nitrogen is essential during this period . It's the most important element to getting large stemming and vigorous growth. You want to keep you're plants green till you decide to deplete them for harvest. Green leaves create more photosynthesis than nitrogen starved yellow leaves. 99% percent of peoples problems during bloom is Nitrogen, you don't have the plants back bone element working in step with your other elements then you end up with starved plants, early yellowing, over all pale plants, other deficiencies and a shitty yield at the end.
Kills me to hear guys say nitrogen is no good during bloom. That's whos giving information on here, call yourself "staff" lmao

Last edited:
KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I'm 27 days bloom and my buds size and plant vigor seem to love the nitrogen! Figured that out several years ago! Don't cut your veg nutes out till at least the end of stretch, while using your bloom till final flush!

20180502 210746
20180502 230825
20180502 230749
Last edited:
Monster762

Monster762

N should be cut in flower. Plants should fade which won’t happen full of n. N is a big player in strong growth but in flower quality should be focus.
n is hard to flush out. And during cure you’re breaking that nitrogen (gas) down. Into your smoke leaving that harshness.

And bloom booster shouldn’t be run steady til flush either. That’s why most say right on em use first weeks of bloom phase. P is to promote growth of new budsites not make buds big. K is going to give the swelling. Idk why people keep thinking throw high numbers for higher results.
But I’m definately no pro at all. I just overthink everything and then I start reading cause I triple check any dumb ideas before I try em.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

N should be cut in flower. Plants should fade which won’t happen full of n. N is a big player in strong growth but in flower quality should be focus.
n is hard to flush out. And during cure you’re breaking that nitrogen (gas) down. Into your smoke leaving that harshness.

And bloom booster shouldn’t be run steady til flush either. That’s why most say right on em use first weeks of bloom phase. P is to promote growth of new budsites not make buds big. K is going to give the swelling. Idk why people keep thinking throw high numbers for higher results.
But I’m definately no pro at all. I just overthink everything and then I start reading cause I triple check any dumb ideas before I try em.
You're reading the old fallacy theory on nitrogen man, it's a well known fact theres not nearly enough nitrogen in bloom nutes to have a healthy grow throughout. Cut you're veg/bloom nute combo around week 5 after stretch has ended and let you're plants consume themselves from there, they'll yellow within days and by harvest you're plants will look near dead, making for great smoke. If you skimp on N during the stretch you'll pay in yield big time. End up with a huge light bill and a weak ass quantity of stash.

Last edited:
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

1) I disagree with eliminating N in bloom. If you look at the major nute providers' bloom formulas, you'll see they agree. Botanicare works for me.

2) One isn't flushing nitrogen anywhere, anytime. Marijuana has no mechanism for excretion of N, P, or K. At all. Period. Flushing is myth. You cannot wash nutrients out of a plant. At best, you can starve a plant, which makes no sense to me when you are trying to fatten buds.

3) Nitrogen is an element, which by definition is something that doesn't break down. Curing does nothing to nitrogen levels in your bud. It does other things, but changing nitrogen into something else isn't one of them.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

1) I disagree with eliminating N in bloom. If you look at the major nute providers' bloom formulas, you'll see they agree. Botanicare works for me.

2) One isn't flushing nitrogen anywhere, anytime. Marijuana has no mechanism for excretion of N, P, or K. At all. Period. Flushing is myth. You cannot wash nutrients out of a plant. At best, you can starve a plant, which makes no sense to me when you are trying to fatten buds.

3) Nitrogen is an element, which by definition is something that doesn't break down. Curing does nothing to nitrogen levels in your bud. It does other things, but changing nitrogen into something else isn't one of them.
I've done side by side and flush is where I'll stay. Let you're plant consume itself after you've flushed you're soil or whatever method you're using, other than organic. You'll thank yourself!!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I've done side by side and flush is where I'll stay. Let you're plant consume itself after you've flushed you're soil or whatever method you're using, other than organic. You'll thank yourself!!
I've likewise trialed it, in both soil and hydro. I've been growing for a long time, tried a lot of things. Seen a lot of things tried. Flushing simply doesn't make a difference that my friends and I can taste.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I've likewise trialed it, in both soil and hydro. I've been growing for a long time, tried a lot of things. Seen a lot of things tried. Flushing simply doesn't make a difference that my friends and I can taste.
I respect you're opinion!

Latest posts

Top Bottom