Leaves Drooping, Turning Yellow And Purple. Any Ideas?

• Thread starter 8zlag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
8zlag

8zlag

So I have 6 315 w CMH lights, I'm currently at day 45 of flower (last grow they went for 12 weeks). I've been feeding then with Canna coco A+B at a rate of 35ml per 10L
I've been feeding power si, and Cal mag in addition at the recommended doses. I added pk boost in the 4th week as well at 3ml per gallon. The pH is adjusted to 5.8. I'm growing in a coco perlite medium with fabric pots. From week 3 till two days ago I was running CO2 at 1500 ppm. Two days ago I cut it off. Temperatures have been at 82 F with humidity fluctuating between 45-55% during the day. At night the temps go down to 76 and humidity remains at 45%-50%.

I was initially running 4 lights up until week 3 as well. Then I got some extra funds and said why not add two more lights. Been trying to figure out if it's deficiencies, light stress, or heat stress.

Also there are some that are majorly leaning and they aren't experiencing the discoloration. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

8zlag

8zlag

20190123 094101
20190123 094041

20190123 094024
20190123 094018
Bubba kush

Bubba kush

What size containers are you using and are you feeding multiple times a day or once or every other day?

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I would ph around 6.1-6.2 for a few days and make sure you are getting some runoff every time

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

Most issues I have had are PH or over watering. When I chase a deficiency first it makes things worse for me so I usually try a different PH first and I would go a bit higher if you are at 5.8, have you checked your runoff ph. I am only on my first coco grow so maybe someone with more experience in coco will help.

8zlag

8zlag

So I've been using this to chase my deficiencies ushing pH.
Nitrogen gets locked out of Hydro, Soil less mediums at the levels of 4.5-5.0.
Nitrogen has the best absorption rate at a ph of 5.5 to 8.0
(Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range to have Nitrogen is: 5.0-7.0. Anything out of that range will contribute to a nitrogen def.

Phosphorus gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.0-8.5.
Phosphorus is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0- 5.8. (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Phosphorus Deficiency.

Potassium gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0-4.5, 6.0-6.5.
Potassium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.7-5.3, 6.7-8.5. (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a potassium deficiency.

Magnesium gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.7
Magnesium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.8-9.1
(Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Magnesium deficiency.

Calcium gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0- 5.3
Calcium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.4-5.8 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Calcium Deficiency.

Zinc gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.7-8.5
Zinc is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0-5.5 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Zinc Deficiency.

Iron gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-3.5
Iron is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0- 6.0 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to an iron deficiency.

Sulfur gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.5
Sulfur is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.0- 9.5 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to an Sulfur deficiency.

Manganese gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-4.5
Manganese is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.0-5.6 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a manganese deficiency.

Boron gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.0
Boron is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.0-6.0(Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a boron deficiency.

Copper gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.5-9.0
Copper is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-6.0 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a copper deficiency.

Molybdenum gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.5
Molybdenum is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.0-8.0 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Molybdenum deficiency.

Credit for the info is from some other post my bad for not remembering who but it was a while back.

Seraphine

Seraphine

How are you cleaning up the runoff water? Are your plants raised off the floor so they are not sitting in the runoff?

My only suggestions are to make sure the coco doesn’t stay too wet all the time. It needs to be wet but not soaking wet but also not dry. I found feeding once per day, right when lights turn on works for me. I would also adjust your pH to different levels each watering so that you water with a range of acceptable pH’s. This ensures uptake of all nutrients.

I found if I continuously pH too low on the coco pH spectrum, I run into issues with leaf curling, discoloration, and deformed leaves.

I don’t know if the CO2 has anything to do with this since I don’t have experience with that.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I also read that flowering plants in coco like a higher pH. I still change my pH each feeding but I still keep it a little higher (6.0 - 6.5) in flower. Sometimes it dips below 6.0 but I think you get what I am trying to say.

8zlag

8zlag

I also read that flowering plants in coco like a higher pH. I still change my pH each feeding but I still keep it a little higher (6.0 - 6.5) in flower. Sometimes it dips below 6.0 but I think you get what I am trying to say.
Well I fixed up a new batch of nutes and got it to 6.1 pH. We'll see what's up soon enough. Thanks for the replies guys it's much appreciated.

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

How are they doing? Hopefully you got everything back on track

Top Bottom