leaves pointing up day after feeding?

• Thread starter Buddha Mark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddha Mark

Yo, my plant is 4 weeks old, have been in coco since day 1. I fed it yesterday morning, im using cns17 grow 15ml, lk 15, 2tps Epsom salt, mixed in 2.5gal tap(has been out for 2 days) 6.0Ph, 1k ppm. Woke up this morning and all of my new growth leaves are reaching for the lights :/ they're also slightly yellowing in the middle.. Any suggestions? Lights are on 6/18, have 4 6500cfl, 2 2700cfl, one on both sides, 9 inches away. This is my first grow so any help would be appreciated

Leaves pointing up day after feeding
Leaves pointing up day after feeding 2
Leaves pointing up day after feeding 3
stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I've never grown in coco but 1000 ppms sounds really high to me, id cut back to more like 500. other than that they don't look bad. what's your temp and humidity?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

They look pretty good 2 me.. When that small I only feed 350 ppm & max out in veg at only 500-600 ppm.. In coco u get fast growth & when plants r growing super fast the newer leafs r always light green at 1st then they turn green.. I think ur plants r juss growing fast.. I'd cut back on the 1000 ppm tho. They look nice now but a problem could pop up.. In veg the plants don't need much food 2 grow good.

B

Buddha Mark

I thought it might just be paranoia but I have been feeding it way too much. Should I be using less than 1/4 str nutes? Or less lk

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I like 2 start light at 350 ppm & slowly work my way up as they grow.. I try & get away with using as least as possible b'cuz the nutes cost money.. I'm sure they would b happy at 1/4.. Then when they get about a foot tall is give them 500 ppm.. I usually max out at 1000 - 1200 ppm deep in bloom. U would b surprise that the plants don't need so much food 2 survive..

B

Buddha Mark

My water is horrible though :/ it comes out at 450 and drops to 350 after sitting for 24hrs or so, then after nutes, oh boy..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Oh I see.. I had the exact same issue my water was at the ppm I wanted already but with out my nutes added.. I had no idea what was in my water already so I didn't know if I was adding 2 much of anything.. After trying 2 dial everything in I juss couldn't get everything quite rite.. So I went out & bought a new RO water system.. The RO system was around $200 it wasn't cheap but it cleaned my water to 0 ppm then I added everything my plants needed & I knew exactly what my plants were eating.. U could get a big 5gal jug of RO water at the local store most of the time.. Maybe u can refill that water bottle if possible.. If not I'm sure u can still grow with ur water but these no telling what's already inside ur water supply.. Maybe cut ur nutes in 1/2.. Juss go light & slowly move them ppms up as the plants go..

B

Buddha Mark

Well, a few days later and the "pointed tips" are now dead lol. Any suggestions? :/ I watered yesterday to runoff, Ph came out at 6.1 and ppm @ 1500 (this is probably my issue)

20130612 060750
B

Buddha Mark

Sorry sticky just saw your question, humidity is 29% 81.5 deg f

catdaddy

catdaddy

yeah, definitely have to work on getting and keeping the humidity up. i would suggest between 50-60% rh if possible.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

1500 ppm is really high.. Sounds like major salt build up.. I'd flush them ASAP get the runoff down to 500. That's a tiny plant that should only b eating around 500-600 ppm.. Flush flush flush

B

Buddha Mark

I bought a humidifier yesterday, steady 55rh :). I just watered so I won't be able to flush till this weekend, but pretty sure that's going to be my next move.. Everyday she gets worse and worse, so we shall see haha.

K

Khola

Definitely an overdose of some kind and second to last picture too much direct heat?
Keep at it..

B

Buddha Mark

Not sure.. 83deg is the room temp.. Also, today after work I checked my plant, and most of the bigger fan leaves are like... Facing the same direction...? I think it might be because of the light that's reflected from the wall.. Not sure though :/ is it possible to give her too much light? Is 6, 100w cfl overkill for a month old plant?

Top Bottom