Led Advice

• Thread starter plm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
plm

plm

Hey guys I'm thinking of switching from my 600W HPS to LED, but I'm not sure which type and brand to get, my grow room is 1200x1200x2000 cm or 4x4 tent, so I'm looking for something as good as my 600 HPS that give same or better results, thank you in advance

sixstring

sixstring

http://timbergrowlights.com/400-watt-vero29-v7-square-framework/

i listed them cheapest to most expensive. the first one will yield the same as a 600w hps.the 2nd and 3rd links will smash a 600w hps. if your new to led the first light is a great light to get a feel for led growing.and can be used in a 2x 2 or 3 x 3 for veg as well as flowering in a 4 x 4 because these are all dimable.the other 2 are a bit big for 3 x 3 but will fit.i just wouldnt spend 800 to 1100 on a light for a 3 x 3 space

plm

plm

Too expensive and until LED gets more perfected and affordable, I'm gonna stick to HPS, gonna keep this for one more cycle, then I'm gonna go with EyeHortilux 600, and get the bang for the buck on this one.

Krypto

Krypto

What I would like to know is what are the sort of key elements that make a good LED grow light? My buddy has eight kind 1500 or whatever they are. He and I are partnered up and he is willing to help me upgrade butt he wants me to get the eBay special or they Amazon special the tenth the fans and then the generic no-name LEDs. He seems to think they'll do okay. I just don't want to partner up with this guy and then 3 months from now not produce the same quality and quantity that he is cuz then I'm going to be in debt to him. Anybody got any tips? Five things you should look at when you're buying an LED grow light.

Krypto

Krypto

One won't compare to a 600 hps. Plus I keep seeing people complaining about the amount of blue to red on those units. They will suffer in flower.
Anyone try the "corncob" LED bulbs??? From what I can tell they're compatible with your inexpensive digital ballast Hood HPS /h m setup. Just putting out the LED Spectrum and intensity.
I don't know anything about the brand names but what I've seen online looks like you can get a decent one for a hundred and change. If it runs cooler and penetrates like some of the better LED lights I would definitely try it. And I did see a demo of the Mars Hydro LED s. The units are pretty slick and they're not horribly overpriced but they just don't have a footprint man. Too damn small.

Monster762

Monster762

Con leds? Chip on board is cob. They are larger light emitting chips. I haven't tried one but according to lots of reading they are where it's at.
I'm mainly talking about the panels. i want to try cobs but sticking with what I know works for now.

Monster762

Monster762

Con leds? Chip on board is cob. They are larger light emitting chips. I haven't tried one but according to lots of reading they are where it's at.
I'm mainly talking about the panels. i want to try cobs but sticking with what I know works for now.
Cob not con. Dumbass smartphone.

Krypto

Krypto

Cob not con. Dumbass smartphone.
Love,Love,Love technology!!! ha-hey... what LEDs are you running? I missed it...and what I'm talking about is shapes like a cylinder and it has the diodes covering it somewhat like pieces of corn on a cob. I'm not talking about an actual panel. But maybe the corn cob bulb is just the cob lights on a cylindrical panel that fits into a standard HID hood. . .

Monster762

Monster762

Love,Love,Love technology!!! ha-hey... what LEDs are you running? I missed it...and what I'm talking about is shapes like a cylinder and it has the diodes covering it somewhat like pieces of corn on a cob. I'm not talking about an actual panel. But maybe the corn cob bulb is just the cob lights on a cylindrical panel that fits into a standard HID hood. . .
I ran a cheap Walmart led with 2 t5s. 2 ft 4 bulbs. I haven't seen the cylinders yet.

Krypto

Krypto

I know they have leds that go in a t5 setup. Expensive though.
Yeah, I'm talking about bulbs that fit into a 600 W high intensity discharge with a digital ballast..
I have seen the T5 LED yeah they're not cheap. These corn cob things I'm keep talking about I've seen them on there for a hundred bucks. Now if they can harness the power of the HID, then that might work.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

What I would like to know is what are the sort of key elements that make a good LED grow light? My buddy has eight kind 1500 or whatever they are. He and I are partnered up and he is willing to help me upgrade butt he wants me to get the eBay special or they Amazon special the tenth the fans and then the generic no-name LEDs. He seems to think they'll do okay. I just don't want to partner up with this guy and then 3 months from now not produce the same quality and quantity that he is cuz then I'm going to be in debt to him. Anybody got any tips? Five things you should look at when you're buying an LED grow light.

No inexpensive Ebay or Amazon Grow Light will match any Kind Led unit not in cost or production. Reconsider your partnership might be the better choice.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

Right now the key elements in LED Grow lights are the diodes and power source efficiency. Samsung LM561C bin S6 is currently the most used right now.

Meanwell LED Drivers, preferably, HLG-185H-C1050A/B is very efficient with these diodes lowering monthly operating energy costs.

Samsung LM561C has the highest luminous output when driven at the proper current.

Krypto

Krypto

Thanks for the feedback guys. This is Ben a difficult week, trying to decide what to do. But weave come to an agreement luckily. And I'm going to keep going with the HPS. I am upgrading though from 1 600w I'm going to get another tent and run another 600. Or put a 400 in with the 600 but at any rate the cost is going to be very reasonable. And the outcome it's going to be worth the investment.
And I'm running all his genetics which means no OGs no sour Ds and no cookies LOL.
But I must say I am liking these classic that he has just for my growing standpoint and the effect is medically one of them is exactly what I need for daytime use. So it just seems stupid not to run it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom