Led Advice

• Thread starter plm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

You gotta get a good brand, top bin, COB, power supply and a heatsink. Build yourself. So simple.
I run leds, 4000k the whole grow
Multi colored led are lame, although the hans panel is an exception.
Timber, plc, area 51 are some you can buy ready to go... There's other brands too.

brazel

brazel

What I would like to know is what are the sort of key elements that make a good LED grow light? My buddy has eight kind 1500 or whatever they are. He and I are partnered up and he is willing to help me upgrade butt he wants me to get the eBay special or they Amazon special the tenth the fans and then the generic no-name LEDs. He seems to think they'll do okay. I just don't want to partner up with this guy and then 3 months from now not produce the same quality and quantity that he is cuz then I'm going to be in debt to him. Anybody got any tips? Five things you should look at when you're buying an LED grow light.
Important things...
1 COB
2 who makes it
3 power supply
4 Kelvin
5 true watts

Not in any particular order

Nothing you can buy will be better than what you can build.

gwheels

gwheels

You can buy certified lights from timber. Nothing I can build will be better than what I can buy from them. The framework frames are really solid and pretty damned awesome. But that is my opinion. And for the 30 to 50 bucks i might have saved.... I like that Dan made it :D

brazel

brazel

You can buy certified lights from timber. Nothing I can build will be better than what I can buy from them. The framework frames are really solid and pretty damned awesome. But that is my opinion. And for the 30 to 50 bucks i might have saved.... I like that Dan made it :D
Timber good, I listed them above.
Ok so... whatever you build will be better than what you can buy... doesn't pertain to everyone I know my girlfriend definitely can't build anything better than I could buy that's including a sandwich. Neither could my brother

But at the end of the day it's just two wires, power supply, fan, heatsink, reflector and a cob.
By doing them yourself you can make it run as efficient as you want, whatever kelvin you want, place them however you want, custom!

What does certified mean?

Just another option, but yes it's much easier to buy and timber has kits

gwheels

gwheels

I believe the are ETL certified. Which means they work and are certified electrically. I could make them but the certified not so much :) and you were right amigo I am just pretty happy with my little timber light. :D

Top Bottom