Led Better Than Hid???

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

How's this, in my flower room, 4x 315w cmh air cooled hoods, I can place the back of my hand on the glass directly under the bulb (this is the 3rd light in air cooling sequence (hope you got that, lol), and leave it there for the entire 12hrs. Ambient lung room temp is 75 to 77*. With my old 600, I wouldn't be able to do that for more than 1 min. Mt t8 bulbs are hotter than the glass on my cmh hoods. I'd ditch the led and just run cmh. And if possible, switch up the bulbs (3k, 4k, 3k, 4k, ect). Few guys run 4k start to harvest.

Looking at my veg and flower rooms tonight..veg is deffinately faster veg vs the 600. As for flower, I've had Purple sugar leaves since week 6. I run all my gg4 and crosses to 68 minimum. That doesn't normally happen until I drop temps at week 8. My 4x315 harvest seems to be on par with my last killer 3x600 harvest. Just by visual observation. Could be less, doubt it would be more. But who knows what adding 1 more light will do.

Farmer P

Farmer P

@Farmer P Have you looked at Advanced LED grow lights? Made in the USA, Cree and Osram chips, Good warranty! http://store.advancedledlights.com/led-grow-lights-3

@Wee Zard Nice Pics! I wish I had some DIY skills, your setup looks great!

@keiksweat I am very interested in how your CMH + LED grow turns out!

@DemonTrich I have just recently moved to where I can grow in a room or two, instead of my tents. I decided to go with LEDS a couple years ago. Now that I can outfit a bigger area i need some additional lighting. I have drooled like Homer Simpson lookin at a doughnut ever since the CMH's came out. I am purchasing some more Advanced LED brand lights. However, I have room for 4 more lights... I am twitchin like a tweaker to do a small room with CMH. Thinking about doing an experiment this summer, CMH vs. Advanced XML Diamond series. I am just a little worried about CMH power costs vs LED, and the extra heat I expect from the CMH. But dangit, I keep reading so much great stuff about CMH/LEC!! As I mentioned to @keiksweat I am very interested in his project. Sounds like you are dialed in and very happy!

Best wishes to all with your grows!!

Derf
Just checked out your link. They look pretty cool. I have been watching a lot of videos today. I'm thinking I would like to build my own with cobs so I can customize the spacing for my box. I was checking out realstyles diy thread and his videos led to some others. I ended up watching some from growmouse on youtube. I think that is how I'd go, but I'm also considering the 315cmh's like DemonTrich is talking about. Hard decision.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

@Farmer P Just in case you want to give these a second look. Big sale on now.

http://store.advancedledlights.com/led-grow-lights-3

Blowout Sales Event
Ends MONDAY!
Hello!

Happy New Year to all of our customers, families, and loved ones. We have had a great start of the year and we are glad to share this New Year with ALL of you. We are celebrating the New Year with a BANG with a BLOWOUT Sales Event! As a special thank you, we are celebrating with our Customers by offering you these deep discounts on the lights below with up to $400.00 OFF on Advanced LED Lights, Free LED Flash Light Key Chain & Free Rope Ratchets from now until Monday at Midnight. This is only for a limited time so make sure you take advantage and save on these Discounts while this offer is available.
Blowout Sales Event:
All Customers get 20% off Advanced LED Lights Below from now until Monday January 30, 2017 at Midnight by using Code Below:
Discount Code: BLOWOUT20OFF. Click Here

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Just checked out your link. They look pretty cool. I have been watching a lot of videos today. I'm thinking I would like to build my own with cobs so I can customize the spacing for my box. I was checking out realstyles diy thread and his videos led to some others. I ended up watching some from growmouse on youtube. I think that is how I'd go, but I'm also considering the 315cmh's like DemonTrich is talking about. Hard decision.

I would definetly build my own if I were you using cxp 3590 cob chips. I would stay away from 3w and 5w diodes for sure. I use the cxp 420 light from pacific lighting conncepts and really like it. It beats my 315 lec light for sure and is about even with my 600 se gavita.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I would definetly build my own if I were you using cxp 3590 cob chips. I would stay away from 3w and 5w diodes for sure. I use the cxp 420 light from pacific lighting conncepts and really like it. It beats my 315 lec light for sure and is about even with my 600 se gavita.
Yeah, I've been leaning that way too. I like the idea of being able to customize the spread of light. Today my wife said she wants a new apple watch, I said cool I want a new light. We'll see.

Farmer P

Farmer P

@Farmer P Just in case you want to give these a second look. Big sale on now.

http://store.advancedledlights.com/led-grow-lights-3

Blowout Sales Event
Ends MONDAY!
Hello!

Happy New Year to all of our customers, families, and loved ones. We have had a great start of the year and we are glad to share this New Year with ALL of you. We are celebrating the New Year with a BANG with a BLOWOUT Sales Event! As a special thank you, we are celebrating with our Customers by offering you these deep discounts on the lights below with up to $400.00 OFF on Advanced LED Lights, Free LED Flash Light Key Chain & Free Rope Ratchets from now until Monday at Midnight. This is only for a limited time so make sure you take advantage and save on these Discounts while this offer is available.
Blowout Sales Event:
All Customers get 20% off Advanced LED Lights Below from now until Monday January 30, 2017 at Midnight by using Code Below:
Discount Code: BLOWOUT20OFF. Click Here

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I don't usually resurrect threads but this one should be sticky'd. A lot of information here I've been trying to hunt down for a long time. LEDs are my only real option for an off grid solar system. Thank you all.

They claim these equal HID with better quality at half the power. Any thoughts?

Great thread, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
snoplow20

snoplow20

Ive been rocken 2 kind l300s in a 4x4 tent for 3 or 4 years now. Love em. Great penetration, beautiful colors( although the light spectrum makes it very hard to tell under the lights). A good friend of mine is running a single 315 cmh in a 3x3. Looks very promising as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom