Led Grow Light.

• Thread starter bobs.buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
scubascrog

scubascrog

4000k is more for veg.
I have a question. I hope is not too foolish but in what i have read and experemented with why are most folks hung up on 3500k for full cycle when if you realy look at well a heck of a lot of spectrum graphs it seems 4000k might be better. The reason i say this is only because i have added heavy input of 6500k t5's to several grows and the frost and weight seem to be, well.... better... I know I hear you everyone going -blue veg- red flower- but looking at citi cobs and qautuk boards the 4000k spectrum doesnt measure any less red its the buel that is simply high and I wonder if thats not helping to add weight. Maybe not appeal but well.... I dont know - what say you...

S

Shadrock5

Yes thats what i figured would be the answer, thank you for answering by the way, honestly. but that doesnt actualy answer they why is it and if i hadnt had some .... a little some... experience by adding the higher kelvin i could a cept that as the way it is but what inferests me also is the quantums have no 3500k spectrum ... at least not on the 260's i wonder why is all

DGP

DGP

I have a question. I hope is not too foolish but in what i have read and experemented with why are most folks hung up on 3500k for full cycle when if you realy look at well a heck of a lot of spectrum graphs it seems 4000k might be better. The reason i say this is only because i have added heavy input of 6500k t5's to several grows and the frost and weight seem to be, well.... better... I know I hear you everyone going -blue veg- red flower- but looking at citi cobs and qautuk boards the 4000k spectrum doesnt measure any less red its the buel that is simply high and I wonder if thats not helping to add weight. Maybe not appeal but well.... I dont know - what say you...

It's a judgement call, the sun (which grows the biggest and best generally speaking) varies in color temperature at different times of the day and depending on cloud cover and particulate density in the air. Sunrise can be around 2500-2700K midday could be around 5500 and sunset back to 2500. What we are doing indoors is an average of daylight colors shifted red for flower and blue for veg. I suppose the red shift is to match seasonal variations in color as well (Fall being a little more reddish). Maybe better results could be had at 4200 or so but I would want to see data. I suppose if the color could change on the indoor lights that mimics the outdoor colors at any given time of day and season we might have a much better system IDK.....

Dee

K

kansabis

It's a judgement call, the sun (which grows the biggest and best generally speaking) varies in color temperature at different times of the day and depending on cloud cover and particulate density in the air. Sunrise can be around 2500-2700K midday could be around 5500 and sunset back to 2500. What we are doing indoors is an average of daylight colors shifted red for flower and blue for veg. I suppose the red shift is to match seasonal variations in color as well (Fall being a little more reddish). Maybe better results could be had at 4200 or so but I would want to see data. I suppose if the color could change on the indoor lights that mimics the outdoor colors at any given time of day and season we might have a much better system IDK.....

Dee
This could be a really good idea and very doable using LEDs,full spectrum and even narrow,rotating from light on to off and even mimicking the seasons. Might be complicated to do the footwork but it definitely seems doable.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

This could be a really good idea and very doable using LEDs,full spectrum and even narrow,rotating from light on to off and even mimicking the seasons. Might be complicated to do the footwork but it definitely seems doable.
Always wondered if one of those Reef controllers would do any good..it would be a fun project for sure.
Like this????
coralux-storm-led-controller

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Blues are for trich and terpene production, reds for weight production. I've flowered under old style CMH @ 4k and although the flowers were pretty weight wise it sucked.

sixstring

sixstring

3000k led spectrum looks much different than 3000k floro tube or even hid spectrum.even so i have seen some grows with 4000k led used that did well.just not my thing. @Shadrock5 you sould do a side by side 3000k led and 4000-6500k floros,we could always use more data

stiffneck

stiffneck

:cry::p:cry: Almost 2 years of "growing" and on my 3rd harvest :cry::cry: Well they say to get the basics down first, i think i have vegging down, on to flower hahaha. I will say at least they are healthy. She threw some massive fans after the leaf strip
View attachment 787265 just hope she throws some massive buds now, i know shes capable anyway. Its my first time running proven genetics, the rest have been seed pops.

Dee

3000k led spectrum looks much different than 3000k floro tube or even hid spectrum.even so i have seen some grows with 4000k led used that did well.just not my thing. @Shadrock5 you sould do a side by side 3000k led and 4000-6500k floros,we could always use more data

So hey a quick question. Blue for veg and red for flower. What's the effect of blue on flower or red on veg? Does it hinder growth? So..... could you have TOO much red in veg? or TOO much blue in flower?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

So hey a quick question. Blue for veg and red for flower. What's the effect of blue on flower or red on veg? Does it hinder growth? So..... could you have TOO much red in veg? or TOO much blue in flower?
Running to much blues always gave me small buds with higher leaf to flower ratio. My trim help always hated me when I would experiment with running 5k MH for flower.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Running to much blues always gave me small buds with higher leaf to flower ratio. My trim help always hated me when I would experiment with running 5k MH for flower.

Chicken dinner^^^ :happy:

So.... I have a few of the cheaper lights I am using along with the plc 6.2 in my 8x8 room.

On the vipraspectra and mars leds that have the veg bloom switch... should I be turning off the blue veg lights if I have things in flower? Haha. I just thought more light was better but that's not correct...

IMG 20180320 053701
S

Shadrock5

So.... I have a few of the cheaper lights I am using along with the plc 6.2 in my 8x8 room.

On the vipraspectra and mars leds that have the veg bloom switch... should I be turning off the blue veg lights if I have things in flower? Haha. I just thought more light was better but that's not correct...
No in my experience with mars hydro 96 def. leave blue on ....the red just doesnt have the punch alone ,to get nice big frosty nugs

S

Shadrock5

What would irk me would be to buy a 3000k since quantum boards nor timber seem to offer a 3500k.... and then have to still add 6500k t5 and vice versa with the 4000k and having to add some 2700k for the flower

S

Shadrock5

And does anyone have an opinion are cree cobs better than citi or hell even bridglux for that matter but are crees for some reason better than the citi or vero cons

S

Shadrock5

And hey look awesome by the way what you got aint broke so dint fix it

DGP

DGP

And does anyone have an opinion are cree cobs better than citi or hell even bridglux for that matter but are crees for some reason better than the citi or vero cons

Take a look at the Luminous COBS as well they are 130 watts each and run very efficiently at 50 to 65 watts. I am getting very good results with them and they are only $19 each at cobkits.com and they are available in a variety of color temps. I actually mixed 3000 and 3500.

When I max out my 750 watt fixture each of the 12 COBS are running at 62.5 watts. They are on 12 " centers and give really good coverage at that spacing and power.

Dee

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

No, more light is better! You just have to adjust the blue to red ratio shift if you want to achieve better flowering. Even running 3k full spectrums lighting you can achieve a significant increase in flower production by adding more reds.

B

bobs.buds

What would irk me would be to buy a 3000k since quantum boards nor timber seem to offer a 3500k.... and then have to still add 6500k t5 and vice versa with the 4000k and having to add some 2700k for the flower
I just bought 8 hlg 132s with 3500k from Amazon. After I got my order it was sold out but maybe you can see if they got it re-stocked.

Top Bottom