Led Grow Light.

• Thread starter bobs.buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

I bought 4x 132's in 3500 as well, a week back..saw this coming AGAIN!! HLG is getting way too much free publicity on these forums (many forums).
Yeah when you make something that works and can compete in your industry and add in the internet and social media platforms,I wouldn't spend a dime on advertisement. But I think they could use some friendly competition.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yeah when you make something that works and can compete in your industry and add in the internet and social media platforms,I wouldn't spend a dime on advertisement. But I think they could use some friendly competition.
I also got 2x Photon Sunboards to try out((240 pcs leds .. alternating 2700k & 4000K leds)..Funny, when you add things up..they come out about the same as the QBs..I have also seen others but I am sticking with what I know..Those Photon Wavy boards also look good, if/when they ever get back in stock!

If you run the Photons up to say 40 watts/1900 Ma..no heatsink is needed..above that (above 2100 Ma..) you add a heatsink, but then they would have to compete with the HLG 288s price wise..not so easy..

IMG 0908

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

They are nickle and dimeing these boards, and need some venture capital to get product out there faster!!!..
Time is $$ and I bet there is other stuff already in the pipeline..(as in Gromau5!)

K

kansabis

Couldn't agree more,where did you find those photon sunboards???

K

kansabis

Nevermind I found em and yeah of course sold out. I think hlg is tryna focus more of their time and resources to building and designing more boards and that's why they are selling through amazon and a couple other led websites now and not as much from their site....thoughts???

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Nevermind I found em and yeah of course sold out. I think hlg is tryna focus more of their time and resources to building and designing more boards and that's why they are selling through amazon and a couple other led websites now and not as much from their site....thoughts???
I have no idea what HLG is up to..If I were running a business and saw the sales go BOOM..There would be a ton of Venture Capital pouring in..I see a few of their boards on Cobkits.com, but they are scarce AF too..
Growerslights.com will service us better and no shipping charges..+ they offer kits for $25 less..

K

kansabis

Yeah I haven't understood it either,they are flying off the shelves like hotcakes and it seems stock is somewhat limited or can't keep up with the demand,like you said I would be working on something more to get things really cooking.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yeah I haven't understood it either,they are flying off the shelves like hotcakes and it seems stock is somewhat limited or can't keep up with the demand,like you said I would be working on something more to get things really cooking.
Bet they are afraid that the Chinese Makers will soon switch over to these..(Mars put out a COB..Bleh to Mars)
I do have limited contact with a import maker, and they asked me about the QBs..It is a higher end maker too..

I have a Nextlight Mini that uses similar diodes as the QBs..damn thing cost me $400 + last yr, as the QBs were just gaining popularity..Still a hell of a light..(USA made and a 5 yr no BS warranty!).
I am going to try a little experiment..these are on the way for a DIY Far Red Initiator..RapidLED and I didn't want just the Growmau5 puck either..This will have a lil UV and the Far red.still need a decent timer for this ..My Short interval timer takes a genius to figure out..(maybe I could if i weren't doing it stoned..LMAO)

Thoughts??? :)
(sold a few Burples and used some of the $$ for this..)
Snap3

K

kansabis

Bet they are afraid that the Chinese Makers will soon switch over to these..(Mars put out a COB..Bleh to Mars)
I do have limited contact with a import maker, and they asked me about the QBs..It is a higher end maker too..

I have a Nextlight Mini that uses similar diodes as the QBs..damn thing cost me $400 + last yr, as the QBs were just gaining popularity..Still a hell of a light..(USA made and a 5 yr no BS warranty!).
I am going to try a little experiment..these are on the way for a DIY Far Red Initiator..RapidLED and I didn't want just the Growmau5 puck either..This will have a lil UV and the Far red.still need a decent timer for this ..My Short interval timer takes a genius to figure out..(maybe I could if i weren't doing it stoned..LMAO)

Thoughts??? :)
(sold a few Burples and used some of the $$ for this..)
View attachment 788220
Yeah I seen that on rapidled,seemed interesting. I'm curious why on hlg's website they only say the 3000k qb288s are made in America??? Makes me think the others aren't...lol

sixstring

sixstring

They buy all available top bin diodes whenever they are allowed.its these "other" board makers taking all the second bin chips left over and when top bins become available hlg grabs em and makes more boards.there is not an unlimited amount of Samsung lm 561 top bin diodes to buy in bulk so there's that lol.plus all the china knockoff boards are bogging down Samsung every time they request the cheaper diodes haha.

K

kansabis

They buy all available top bin diodes whenever they are allowed.its these "other" board makers taking all the second bin chips left over and when top bins become available hlg grabs em and makes more boards.there is not an unlimited amount of Samsung lm 561 top bin diodes to buy in bulk so there's that lol.plus all the china knockoff boards are bogging down Samsung every time they request the cheaper diodes haha.
Ok I gotcha,thnx for the insight.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yeah I seen that on rapidled,seemed interesting. I'm curious why on hlg's website they only say the 3000k qb288s are made in America??? Makes me think the others aren't...lol
My new QB132's (3500s) have NO "made in" anywhere..(against the law no??)..so I bet they are sill made in China..Now they have 2 mounting holes in the middle of the board..wonder what they have in store for that form factor..
Wonder if El Trumpo's new tariffs will affect the QB/Driver prices..LMAO

K

kansabis

My new QB132's (3500s) have NO "made in" anywhere..(against the law no??)..so I bet they are sill made in China..Now they have 2 mounting holes in the middle of the board..wonder what they have in store for thaat form factor..
Wonder if El Trumpos new tariffs will affect the QB/Driver prices..LMAO
I was just thinking that same thought this morning lmao,I'm not quite sure of what will come from it all,we get so much stuff imported from China it could end up really bad or maybe not have much of an affect at all.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

It's already affected the aluminum prices for heatsinks.get that shit now because it's not going to be any cheaper any time soon
Funny you said that..I just picked up some Aluminum Angle Iron to make a few fixtures..

One thing about the lightweight QBs, is that they won't stay put unless you add weight (like a fixture)..besides..it looks way better this way..LOL

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Funny you said that..I just picked up some Aluminum Angle Iron to make a few fixtures..

One thing about the lightweight QBs, is that they won't stay put unless you add weight (like a fixture)..besides..it looks way better this way..LOL
Used some of the $$ from the sale of 3 burples and built up this Far Red/UV initiator..Now let's see if it works..Growmau5 says so..SOooooo gotta see for myself..(RapidLED Parts = about $100USD.
Fun stuff even though those little parts are tough with arthritis in the fingers.
IMG 0994
IMG 0996

Top Bottom