Led Growers Unite... What Fixture Do You Use?

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snoleperd

Snoleperd

4 veg I use a led full speck chip diode vegmaster by California light works, 4 side light, I use full spec clamp lights these are nice beacuse you can move em around to get light were u need it, for flowering I use a chip diode bloom booster by California light works & again side clamps with led soft light, a good light 4 under $500, i allso use a 4 light florescent rig, but I screwed it verticley 2 my back wall so the plants grow up it, 2 full spec, 2 vitamin lights, my grow room looks absurd but it works, and I learned that a full spec light 150 watt. bulb cost $25 at home depo, add the word grow and u will pay over $100 an led light bulb is an led light bulb is an led light bulb, if u use side bulbs dont buy grow bulbs save yourself a lot of mony, by the way a clamp light ballast cost $8 bucks. SNOLEPERD

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Yeah man thank you ... I posted these because I'm getting a little bit of yellowing on the tops.... I want to bring the light closer but was afraid to.... I just bought fluence's light dimmer and also about to set up co2.... so any suggestions I'm all ears

Nice babes. o.o

Little Lime green on the newer growth seems normal at times for me.. at least with my plants. Its a short cycle I see mine go through, that my spurt growth usually looks like that.

45North

45North

California LightWorks Solar Storm 550 with controller.
Man! That learning curve on the controls is steep. I read so much NASA shit my head hurts. Couldn’t find jack on the net, but I’m willing to share what I’ve learned. Mixing reds , greens (white)and blues can be an art. Adam @CLW is helpful.
I’ve impressed a lot of old “skool” hps with results. Glad I didn’t buy China.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I’ve impressed a lot of old “skool” hps (folks) with results. Glad I didn’t buy China.

It's funny you mention this. A good friend, a long time HPS grower, is convinced that LED is the way to go... But only if you get really great LED's. My results have so far floored him and I haven't even perfected a strain yet. Only good things can come from this. People will learn, especially after they see results!

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Yeah man thank you ... I posted these because I'm getting a little bit of yellowing on the tops.... I want to bring the light closer but was afraid to.... I just bought fluence's light dimmer and also about to set up co2.... so any suggestions I'm all ears

I don't think the lights are the issue with "yellowing" I would drop the light closer to about 6". If you are concerned, turn the dimmer down for a few days and slowly ratchet it up to full power, over about a week.

peekotrain

peekotrain

I don't think the lights are the issue with "yellowing" I would drop the light closer to about 6". If you are concerned, turn the dimmer down for a few days and slowly ratchet it up to full power, over about a week.
Yeah man.... I brought the lights a lot closer and they look great now..... I've adjusted my food a bit started feeding them heavier and they're responding really well to it....

45North

45North

white-tips-cannabis-header-1280x800.jpg

When Washington state cannabis producer Vashon Velvet’s Susan Gress began using LED lights to grow cannabis, she noticed that white tips began sporadically appearing in her garden. Confused, Gress had a few visitors come to the property and take a look at her grow.

The first visitor, Bob Montoya, is a photographer who works with NW Leaf. Montoya came in with a high-powered macro lens and took images of the white tips.

“[He] came to take pictures of our grow for NW Leaf and photographed a white tip,” Gress explained. “So, I asked him, do they look damaged? ‘Oh my god,’ he replied, ‘I’ve never seen anything like it, this is trichomes on top of trichomes!’”

The second visitor, Dr. Ethan Russo, is a renowned neurologist and psychopharmacology researcher who is heavily involved in the exploration of cannabis and its effects/benefits. When Dr. Russo visited the farm, he found both the plants and their white tips to be exceptionally healthy.

Multiple witnesses confirmed the existence of these curious white tips, but what, if anything, makes them noteworthy aside from their unique appearance?

I’ve had a lesser version of this happen. My wife thought they were bleached but it’s all trichs.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

When Washington state cannabis producer Vashon Velvet’s Susan Gress began using LED lights to grow cannabis, she noticed that white tips began sporadically appearing in her garden. Confused, Gress had a few visitors come to the property and take a look at her grow.

The first visitor, Bob Montoya, is a photographer who works with NW Leaf. Montoya came in with a high-powered macro lens and took images of the white tips.

“[He] came to take pictures of our grow for NW Leaf and photographed a white tip,” Gress explained. “So, I asked him, do they look damaged? ‘Oh my god,’ he replied, ‘I’ve never seen anything like it, this is trichomes on top of trichomes!’”

The second visitor, Dr. Ethan Russo, is a renowned neurologist and psychopharmacology researcher who is heavily involved in the exploration of cannabis and its effects/benefits. When Dr. Russo visited the farm, he found both the plants and their white tips to be exceptionally healthy.

Multiple witnesses confirmed the existence of these curious white tips, but what, if anything, makes them noteworthy aside from their unique appearance?

I’ve had a lesser version of this happen. My wife thought they were bleached but it’s all trichs.

I was so certain that was light bleaching too.. ALL TRICHs?! I wish I could see up close.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

When I read this, My body sort of shook!

LED's are here to stay!!!

I am curious as to what will be next???

DGP

DGP

It does look like super concentrated trichs. It sure would be nice to know what is making this happen. I have run 2 LED flower cycles and they did seem to produce better than my previous HID runs but holy cow wouldn't anyone love to see something like that in their own flower room.

Dee

Dan789

Dan789

The hint I’m getting from my current grow is your light will power the plants under them to grow at rates different from those of your previous lights. Specifically my “old” led lights produce good buds, but don’t see the same growth generated as with the “new” COB light setup. That said it’s going to allow me to feed at higher rates that this higher metabolism will result in bigger and better harvests, fingers crossed.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I love Osram high power diodes. I have tested their limits and they are impressive at how much current they can take considering Osram tests them and shows the results at 300 mA. Osram SSL80s in 3500k being driven at 700mA and the CXB-3590 COBs in the back driven at 2100mA.
DSC00439
0s0
DSC00445

Last edited:
DGP

DGP

The hint I’m getting from my current grow is your light will power the plants under them to grow at rates different from those of your previous lights. Specifically my “old” led lights produce good buds, but don’t see the same growth generated as with the “new” COB light setup. That said it’s going to allow me to feed at higher rates that this higher metabolism will result in bigger and better harvests, fingers crossed.

The thing I am seeing in my grow right now is plants that are producing huge leaves with stalks that are larger in diameter than I have seen in the past (just flipped em today). Of course it is hard to say for sure that it is the high powered COBs (65W/sq ft) but things are looking better than ever. Last two runs I was way conservative with the light distance to the plants. Now I am quite a bit closer and at a slightly higher intensity. I always think about the inverse square law when I am setting the light height. It depends on optics and which reflectors people use but the rule is double the distance = 1/4 the intensity.

I hope your right about the effects of LEDs. I have seen it said before that because of all the bad imported LED fixtures that make crazy claims like 1200 watts when they really draw 200 watts from the wall has made many people say that LEDs don't work and aren't ready for prime time. Plus all those lights that aren't even close in color temperature (blurple).

I think it is time for LEDs but it has to be the right LEDs. I think if you don't buy from Timber, Spyder or the few really reputable builders (not some slimeball on Ebay) then the only other choice is build it yourself which is what I did and recommend to others. Rapid LED's Vero fixture kit is really close to being the same as buying the parts yourself.

Dee

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

I don’t quite believe it. If that’s true, that’s nutty.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I don’t quite believe it. If that’s true, that’s nutty.

Right?! I think it would be more about the individuals genetic variation than just the lights and resources driving it alone though.. Its not totally impossible in that context right?

45North

45North

Right?! I think it would be more about the individuals genetic variation than just the lights and resources driving it alone though.. Its not totally impossible in that context right?
My GTH#1 did this about the size of a pea on main cola.
Loaded it for my brother in law.. he was on the couch sweating and high for 5 hours. Said it was like a beastly dab.
We thought it was light bleach so we fed it to him ...lmfao

45North

45North

One tip out of six plants.
My ID has Hugh lollipops

Top Bottom