"led Gurus" Thoughts Between These 2 Lights...

• Thread starter Eyebedam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Well it's apparent I need more lighting. It will be going in 48x48x80 tent.. At max will be running 4-6 autos... More than likely just the 4. I'm looking at these 2 options, & I will probably be using my 2x300 Meizhi units for extra supplementation.... Out of these what is the better long term option? I'm honestly not familiar with either... I want quality, dependability, & longevity... Something that will produce nice nugs & no get crazy hot..

https://growerslights.com/collectio...lighting-group-260-watt-quantum-board-led-kit

Led gurus thoughts between these 2 lights
Led gurus thoughts between these 2 lights 2
MW7945

MW7945

Quantum boards > COBs

That being said, neither of them should have a quality issue by any means.

If you're using these from start to finish, get 3500K, if you're using primarily for flower get 2700K Quantum, or 3000K timber if you decide to go that route.

MW7945

MW7945

I guess I'll put it this way, they can essentially have similar stats, but the quantum board is more efficient. And more likely to put out higher PPF and umol/w.

That being said for long run, I'd rather switch out a cob then deal with the headache of replacing a quantum board. It's a toss up honestly. I'd say for coverage, the timber, for overall performance the quantum. They'll both do awesome with some cheaper LED's alongside them.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I use both CoBs and quasi-strips (BML Spyrdr 600)

The strips allow you to keep the light much closer to the plants and provide a more even spectral distribution

Icemud

Icemud

Depends on how you plan on growing... If you are growing a scrog style or sea of green where you have a even canopy.. I would go for quantum boards. If you are growing taller plants or an uneven canopy then I would go with the Timber COBs. Both are great options and very similar in many ways, difference being a more spread out even ouput with less direct intensity with the quantum boards vs the cobs wich are slightly more directed light with the reflectors.

I think either option would be a great choice as both are on the upper echelon of LED lighting currently in the industry.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

I'm leaning really hard toward the Quantum board.. I'm thinking using it directly over my plants, & having a 300w Meizhi on each side angled may give me a decent amount of coverage.. plus for the cost, I dont think I can or would find 1 of the Chinese units that would compare in quality.

I messaged timber through the site & his recommendation was a 800.00 plus dollar unit. White it was super nice, I don't have the funds or the desire to spend that type of money for a simple solo personal grow.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

I'm leaning really hard toward the Quantum board.. I'm thinking using it directly over my plants, & having a 300w Meizhi on each side angled may give me a decent amount of coverage.. plus for the cost, I dont think I can or would find 1 of the Chinese units that would compare in quality.

I messaged timber through the site & his recommendation was a 800.00 plus dollar unit. White it was super nice, I don't have the funds or the desire to spend that type of money for a simple solo personal grow.

If you need more than one light you are using the wrong light. If you need two lights to do the job neither of them is doing the job on it's own. Perhaps you need to look at other LM561C boards as well as other suppliers, ChilLed Growlights has nice grow light kits 90w -$100 and 175w - $200. I got three of his 90w boards mounted them on my own rigs and light up a 2x4 flower tent all day long for a very low energy cost.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

GOod point. I do think the quantum will be more than enough on it's on. The only reason I would be using the others is I may as well have them doing something other than sitting in a box
& I figure if I mount them on the sides at a angle & lower in the tent that it will help with the low buds.. I may be wrong in that thinking.

I will use them for sure in my old tent which I will use as a veg only tent.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

If you need more than one light you are using the wrong light. If you need two lights to do the job neither of them is doing the job on it's own. Perhaps you need to look at other LM561C boards as well as other suppliers, ChilLed Growlights has nice grow light kits 90w -$100 and 175w - $200. I got three of his 90w boards mounted them on my own rigs and light up a 2x4 flower tent all day long for a very low energy cost.

I looked around on the site and the cheapest light I found was 400/450 and it was only a 100 w

Am I not finding something or just too stone n retarded??

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

I looked around on the site and the cheapest light I found was 400/450 and it was only a 100 w

Am I not finding something or just too stone n retarded??
Built lights are expensive. My first was a diamond XML350 not cheap. After that I started building my own lights after inspecting and seeing how they are made. I am that way. I bought some ChilLed tech grow light engines inspected them and saw what they were doing and I designed my own light engines, as well. That is what I do.
peace

sixstring

sixstring

for a 4 x 4 i would choose the timber.but to really light up a 4 x 4 proper you should be using 350 to 400w of cobs or qb with premade fixtures.if you build something with say 8 to 10 cobs you could use slightly less power because the coverge would be much better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom