Led Help Please!!!

• Thread starter GratefulOkie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

I am not sure of the Kelvin rating on this bulb but if I had to make a guess I would say that it is around 4500k, maybe even 5000k. I'd guess it's not ideal for flowering since it is a bit low in the red. But on the other hand it doesn't look like its too far of from the Migro 100. And Migro seems to know stuff, but I may be wrong.

Would you check this specsheet and let me know what you think..? The colorgraph looks identical.

View attachment DataSheet_PH-SL (4) (1).pdf
Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
I am super impressed with those pics for sure. Made me sick when I lollipoped my girls. Can I get a pic or 2 of your setup? Like seeing them. Havent seen a perlite/hydroton setup yet. Sounds like a great Idea.

It works for now. These are some old pics from a past grow. Just started vegging some Old Family Purple by CSI. Nothing to see yet

3AFA533D B791 4900 B36A E91FACCB40C3
0B02D3FB 3AAC 42DB A542 444C9CE147A1
34E02060 1D0D 4446 8893 DBDC8FE0F74D
B3104968 8340 49F0 BC1B 21626C489840

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

Man, I have been fighting foliage. They have stretched alot this week. Doesnt seem like the stretching is slowing down at all. Counted 72 budsites. That's what's on top. Lots more just below the canopy. Finally starting to see some good bud formation.

Sorry I didnt realize my camera was smudged...

20190104 223609
20190104 223833
20190102 144048
20190104 224644
20190104 223817
Reactions: Ina
Growster240

Growster240

Would you check this specsheet and let me know what you think..? The colorgraph looks identical.

I'd say you have nothing to worry about. But you could add some supplemental red light to get the peaks at 665nm and 645 (the red peaks of chlorophyll A & B)
Either way, it seems to be more important with quantity over quality, and you sure have a lot of light coming out that lamp, hehe :) At what height do you have it hanging above your canopy and what is the canopy measurements?

Nugg

Nugg

This is only a example.. of a grow light spectrum...or at least what I look for.imo.its a good veg.light..need to add more reds for budding..I think you may end up with leafy bud..still better than no bud....I lived in Blackburn ok.for 5 yrs..it was nice growing outside there..15' tall plants 8' around..I heard Oklahoma went medical...I moved to Michigan to grow legal,may move back know.lol

MarsHydro Reflector 96 Spectrum 1
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Man, I have been fighting foliage. They have stretched alot this week. Doesnt seem like the stretching is slowing down at all. Counted 72 budsites. That's what's on top. Lots more just below the canopy. Finally starting to see some good bud formation.

Sorry I didnt realize my camera was smudged...
How long did you veg?

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

I'd say you have nothing to worry about. But you could add some supplemental red light to get the peaks at 665nm and 645 (the red peaks of chlorophyll A & B)
Either way, it seems to be more important with quantity over quality, and you sure have a lot of light coming out that lamp, hehe :) At what height do you have it hanging above your canopy and what is the canopy measurements?

Thanks. My canopy is 3ft x 3.75ft. I have the light at 26 inches above the canopy. This is my first grow and dont want to screw it up. I see great bud formation but still seeing new leaves also. Lots of new growth. Lol. I'm at weekly of flower. Should have stopped producing leaves by now but they are still stretching also. Keeps getting taller and taller. Idk.worried that I may end up having to supercrop some buds if they don't stop stretching.

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

This is only a example.. of a grow light spectrum...or at least what I look for.imo.its a good veg.light..need to add more reds for budding..I think you may end up with leafy bud..still better than no bud....I lived in Blackburn ok.for 5 yrs..it was nice growing outside there..15' tall plants 8' around..I heard Oklahoma went medical...I moved to Michigan to grow legal,may move back know.lol
Yes and we already have dispensaries open and running. I used to have a girlfriend in Blackburn. Lol had a lot of fun in that town in my younger days. I have some property in the boondocks and plan on putting some girls out this spring. I have heard that alot from several people about 15 to 20 ft plants. I wanna see. Lol

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

How long did you veg?

Well I screwed up a few times in early veg while learning and stalled them because I manifolded them too soon and then just waited for them to stretch which didnt happen until I flowered them. So I vegged fir 10 weeks. Lol. So...

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Well I screwed up a few times in early veg while learning and stalled them because I manifolded them too soon and then just waited for them to stretch which didnt happen until I flowered them. So I vegged fir 10 weeks. Lol. So...
What nute line you using? Plants look nice and healthy! I’m also doing dwc for first grow and using quantum board 600h kit that’s using same driver as your lights using.

Growster240

Growster240

Thanks. My canopy is 3ft x 3.75ft. I have the light at 26 inches above the canopy. This is my first grow and dont want to screw it up. I see great bud formation but still seeing new leaves also. Lots of new growth. Lol. I'm at weekly of flower. Should have stopped producing leaves by now but they are still stretching also. Keeps getting taller and taller. Idk.worried that I may end up having to supercrop some buds if they don't stop stretching.

I can't find anything wrong with that, but I'm no where near professional. 3ft*3ft seems to be about maximum reach at 24" so you're probably right on the cake at 26". The intensity falls a bit, just outside of those measurements at 24". At least if one can trust the PPFD numbers provided by MaxLite.

Growster240

Growster240

Interesting! Is the "Ratio:" at the top correlated to the spectrum beneath? I'm thinking about it saying that there is x3 more green than blue (G=36% B=11%).
I get what you are saying though. Red and blue seem to be the two most dominantly used wavelengths, especially by ChlA and ChlB.
How much more red would you say that it needs for budding?

Happy growing :)

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

What nute line you using? Plants look nice and healthy! I’m also doing dwc for first grow and using quantum board 600h kit that’s using same driver as your lights using.

Thank you. Went with General Hydroponics Trio. Easy and proven. Alot of people talk snack about them, but they are cheap and do the job well. I am building a 600w equivelant quantum board. Could you shoot me some pics of your setup? Interested. Do you like the lights? How far along are you? I just got my comercial grow license and will be doing things on a bigger scale soon. Fingers crossed...

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

Interesting! Is the "Ratio:" at the top correlated to the spectrum beneath? I'm thinking about it saying that there is x3 more green than blue (G=36% B=11%).
I get what you are saying though. Red and blue seem to be the two most dominantly used wavelengths, especially by ChlA and ChlB.
How much more red would you say that it needs for budding?

Happy growing :)
Also interested. I did note that it took 2 weeks after the switch for any real flowers to develope.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Thank you. Went with General Hydroponics Trio. Easy and proven. Alot of people talk snack about them, but they are cheap and do the job well. I am building a 600w equivelant quantum board. Could you shoot me some pics of your setup? Interested. Do you like the lights? How far along are you? I just got my comercial grow license and will be doing things on a bigger scale soon. Fingers crossed...
I’m using the kit pre assembled from growerslights.com hlg 600h quantum board v288 kit I’m pretty sure. I’m only 23 days into veg in a 10 gal hd tote. Seems plants need more cal with these lights. I’m learning myself also.

Nugg

Nugg

Well I did say I'm no expert...so I don't know..when I did the Google research on led grow lights...that's the conclusion I came up with..all the blue I could get and same for the reds... white light is all light..I have a set with 3, light color?. I mean I could be so far off y'all just became dumber just by reading it...lol
10 week veg isn't bad if you have the room..I veg.45-50 days..4 plants 6×6...
Don't forget about the fall storms...they will destroy your plants just before harvest time...takes some serious staking..

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

Well I did say I'm no expert...so I don't know..when I did the Google research on led grow lights...that's the conclusion I came up with..all the blue I could get and same for the reds... white light is all light..I have a set with 3, light color?. I mean I could be so far off y'all just became dumber just by reading it...lol
10 week veg isn't bad if you have the room..I veg.45-50 days..4 plants 6×6...
Don't forget about the fall storms...they will destroy your plants just before harvest time...takes some serious staking..

Yes. That's why I am doing everything indoors. Google just confuses me most of the time. I rely on the few "master" growers I have befriended on this site and one other. They're my guiding lifht to success so far. Lol.

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

I can't find anything wrong with that, but I'm no where near professional. 3ft*3ft seems to be about maximum reach at 24" so you're probably right on the cake at 26". The intensity falls a bit, just outside of those measurements at 24". At least if one can trust the PPFD numbers provided by MaxLite.
They seem comfortable and keep growing so I will keep on keeping on. Lol

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

I’m using the kit pre assembled from growerslights.com hlg 600h quantum board v288 kit I’m pretty sure. I’m only 23 days into veg in a 10 gal hd tote. Seems plants need more cal with these lights. I’m learning myself also.
Nice. That is the setup I modeled my build after only I used 10w USA made LED chips and am building these from scratch via youtube tutorial. Lol. My hlg 600 will be in tomorrow and I will be able to power cycle them. Excited and nervous at the same time. Lol

Top Bottom