Led Lights And Unfinished Buds?

• Thread starter cottageman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cottageman

cottageman

I am on my second harvest now, and I have a lot of buds that are fluffy and not finishing. My environment is more than fine, same thing with my nute schedule. I am not a new grower but I am new to growing under LED and I have only had this problem with my LED lights. I have 2 vero 29's at 3500k and it just seems like they aren't adequate for flowering because both times even nugs very close to the top are fluffy and not finished. Any thoughts/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Monster762

Monster762

I am on my second harvest now, and I have a lot of buds that are fluffy and not finishing. My environment is more than fine, same thing with my nute schedule. I am not a new grower but I am new to growing under LED and I have only had this problem with my LED lights. I have 2 vero 29's at 3500k and it just seems like they aren't adequate for flowering because both times even nugs very close to the top are fluffy and not finished. Any thoughts/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
What’s your temperatures at the tops under the led. ?

cottageman

cottageman

Led won’t feel hot but they do put off a heat. Heat stressing up top could possible cause fluffier tops. Any foxtailing on em under led?
No foxtailing, or bleaching. Temps never got passed 80 the whole flower cycle. I will post pictures of what I mean when they are done drying in a day or two. Top colas seemed fine when I pulled them but I will double check when they are done drying. The one thing I can think of is maybe not enough red light for flowering?

cottageman

cottageman

Sounds as if you might be chopping them too early. Do you check the trichs for maturity? My finished flowers under QB led boards or cree cob led are more compact then when I used cmh or hps.
Yeah, I got the strain from a very trusted dispensary and it is a solid 9 week strain. When I checked the trichs on the top buds the day before I chopped they were all milky and maybe 5-10% amber. This happened my last run as well but it was a different strain. no chance its not enough red light? I am just confused because I have seen great end results from other growers using the same nutes, and even the same lights nut my environment seems pretty stable as well. Would light leak maybe cause this?

cottageman

cottageman

My guess would be not enough light. 200 Watts is not a lot. What size space are u trying to cover?
just a 2x2, what it says it will cover but I am assuming that is the problem and I just need to lollipop more instead of just deleafing. These are some of the top nugs that are almost done drying and they turned out better than I thought
IMG 6061
IMG 6062
IMG 6063

cottageman

cottageman

You could try some side lighting. Do you have reflective walls?
yeah it's in a tent with reflective walls but i am really waiting to upgrade my circut breaker so I can have more amps in there because I'm planning on putting at least 200 more watts in there so I can get the light coverage I really need

Top Bottom