Led Or T5 For Veg.. Which Light Grows A Faster And Stronger Plant?

• Thread starter Hemp55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The deal is to enable the chemistry the plant does internally. Photons are the energy inputs - to a variety of wavelength dependent engines. Plants have a more complex hormonal dependency than most realize - the flip to flower is only the most obvious to human observers. To produce other compounds and hormones, various plant structures have a daily light integral requirement to satisfy. When we satisfy those requirements fully at each stage, we get optimal production flow.

Nutrients are also an input - however research has shown that light spectrum, intensity and CO2 concentrations influence "flow". Flow is essentially the character of consistent, repeatable process if mastered.

I've used single Sun Blaster fixtures with high power lizard lamps for flower to reasonable effect. Depending on the canopy you have to cover, that may be fine. It does make for a frosty finish.

Don't minimize nutrient profiles. There are studies about trace elements going on. Like manganese has to do with cbd production.

It all needs to work in balance is the key.

But like I said my friend. I already believe and have done a good amount of research. the University of Utah has a ton of info.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Right, mate. I guess I feel nutrients get all the glamour and well, just any photon will do is what gets to me. :) Seems you've gathered some specific data that would hold my interest. I have a patient that can only tolerate CDB predominant meds I'd like to grow for - THC is too disorienting for that patient so expensive dispensary stuff is it for now. I'm looking for good candidate cuts as well.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Right, mate. I guess I feel nutrients get all the glamour and well, just any photon will do is what gets to me. :) Seems you've gathered some specific data that would hold my interest. I have a patient that can only tolerate CDB predominant meds I'd like to grow for - THC is too disorienting for that patient so expensive dispensary stuff is it for now. I'm looking for good candidate cuts as well.

My strains are pretty high THC. I haven't tested too recently but they are stronger now. I would not recommend to your patient. I grow a sativa leaning hybrid garden mostly. But Diesel and Thai and jack are the sativas in there. Not for the faint of heart. Lol.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Same here, doing black jack now for sleepy time meds. I prefer (personally) Triangle ( the cut here is called The White ) and that one tests 21+ THCa. CBD strains are hard to find in clones, even here. I think I just need to be persistent.

Hemp55

Hemp55

I can see some life popping out of the soil ! t5 looks great man, I like the double bulb set up. My t5 seed light should be here today. I'm debating on buying a chm or using my VHO t5 for vegging after my ladies are so big. Off subject, but do you use the tlo style of growing ?

BombBP

BombBP

I can see some life popping out of the soil ! t5 looks great man, I like the double bulb set up. My t5 seed light should be here today. I'm debating on buying a chm or using my VHO t5 for vegging after my ladies are so big. Off subject, but do you use the tlo style of growing ?
I just use regular ol' organic. Teas, mycos, bennies and poo. I don't do anything special or noteworthy.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

I'd guess I was not specific (my bad) on the PowerVeg lamp I used:

Full spectrum + UV. They (hortilux) even have a little plastic card (free, next to the HortiLux display) that has a UV responsive phosphor spot that demonstrates this particular lamp has significant UV output. You can expose it to any light source to detect the UV component presence.
This is the lamp I use in my veg room, I get short inter-nodal spacing on my clones and seeds as well as healthy growth.

Hemp55

Hemp55

So I ended up getting a 630W CMH 4200k for my veg light. Will give an update here in a couple of weeks on how its going. Dab

sixstring

sixstring

Bangin old threads lol
Just put of curiosity....why don't people use a combination of grow lights? I've heard ups and downs/pros and cons to all lights so why not just mix them up?

Now, I understand switching for power consumption reasons but with that not being a factor wouldn't there be an upside to using multiple light sources vs one? Wouldn't the light from multiple sources provide a wide spectrum of light? HPS, CMH and led just sounds like it would perform better vs one source alone. Just thinking out loud.

I already use led and HPS in flower. I might add a cmh just for shits and giggles. I'm also thinking about adding led in with my t5 for veg.

Check it bbp,made a lil combo light.t5, quantumz,and cobs,bangin brightness :)
IMG 20180102 190019391
IMG 20180102 184915088
IMG 20180102 190016640
IMG 20180102 184909235
IMG 20180102 184721228
IMG 20180102 184736573

Hemp55

Hemp55

Bangin old threads lol

Check it bbp,made a lil combo light.t5, quantumz,and cobs,bangin brightness :)
View attachment 768939 View attachment 768940 View attachment 768941 View attachment 768942 View attachment 768943 View attachment 768944
Those girls look awesome man and happy as hell too. I dig the light set up! That is really badass. What do you have all going on in there ? Cobs and LEDS combo? Well I just moved into a new house with my family. I have a 770Sqft garage that we are flipping into our grow room. Im going to run the Solis Tek 1000w DE in flower. For Veg Im thinking just some simple t5s go get it started. When I bought my 630W CMH it came with some missing and loose screws. I just ended up sending it back and using t5s to veg my girls for outdoor last year. No fence this year so no outdoor garden. Something I plan on getting done this Fall so we will be ready by next Spring. Hope all is going well for you all ! One love BK

O

osoma

Led and cmh are great.

But what do you do when you have limited vertical height?

This is where T5 lights shine.

Because you can get them "2-"3 away from the tops without toasting your plants.

The multiple bulbs project light from various angles increasing canopy penetration. The par emitted along the length of each t5 bulb is consistent from end to end.

You can mix the bulb spectrums.

You can turn off sets of bulbs to reduce light output. Or turn them on to increase.

I have been fowering under a mixed spectrum HO T5 this round in a limited vertical height application ("24w×"24l×"11t). It it is working better than I expected. Plant is in a 5 gallon pot day 42 or so of flower in these pictures.

I will try this now. Thanks for sharing

K

Kushmin05h

Just put of curiosity....why don't people use a combination of grow lights? I've heard ups and downs/pros and cons to all lights so why not just mix them up?

Now, I understand switching for power consumption reasons but with that not being a factor wouldn't there be an upside to using multiple light sources vs one? Wouldn't the light from multiple sources provide a wide spectrum of light? HPS, CMH and led just sounds like it would perform better vs one source alone. Just thinking out loud.

I already use led and HPS in flower. I might add a cmh just for shits and giggles. I'm also thinking about adding led in with my t5 for veg.
I actually use a 1600w set up in my 5x5 for Flower, 1000w HPS and 600 watts of led for the spectrum mostly. Was told I'm crazy, that's too much light, go with one or the other blah blah... But I'm about ready to pull what I know to be close to if not over 3lbs out of that space, with only 4 plants. So... Lol also use a Mix of 300w led and T5s in my Mother/Clone room and I can't complain. Excellent growth. Low heat. Not too much light but they don't stretch out and go reachin for it either. I will always mix lights and spectrum, just can't seem to bring myself to stick with one over the other, they all have their perks and you're absolutely right.... The more spectrum & output you have, the happier your plants will be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom