Led Skinny

• Thread starter Trichceratop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trichceratop

Trichceratop

Alright I may be in the wrong forum here ? Just figured since it's not a started thing and something I'm figuring out here works.

Anyway bassically what I'm trying to figure out is optimal wattage in either a cob or quantum board situation for a 2x4x6 tent. From the research I've cobbled together it seems the ballpark is anywhere between 30-40 actual watts (so I'm talking hlg or timber type wattage true to spec ? I guess would be the term not Amazon or eBay LEDs, not to be arrogant open to ideas just for clarity's sake .) So it seems 30-40 watts is what people seem to call for in veg and then somewhere in the ball park of 35-50? For flower . Not sure if I have this all wrong but with those numbers something like the hlg 260xl with the driver adjsutabld from 135-285 watts seems like it covers my bases. Here's where.my questions come in this is all theoretical assumption on my part piecing together number specs and threads to come to this conclusion . I don't feel comfortable pulling the trigger on a 325+ plus fixture if it's not going to be applicable to my situation . My goals which I don't think are unrealsitic are two plants 2x4x6 area trained maybe a scrog situation, just to learn more about the plants cycles and maximizing efficiency and dare I say yield which goes hand in hand with good plant care and open eyes and ears in my mind . Just want some clarification and some people with experience in this life to maybe shed some light ahem on the situation and tell me if my assumptions and expectations are on some space cadet shit or realsitic. Thanks !

Dan789

Dan789

TT, Am thinking you’ll want at the min 30-50 wattts per square foot for optimal lighting illumination, and understood that the growing spectrum needs that same optimization. Check Timber and Rapid Led for either their COB light kits or finished lights for your application.
Someone with experience on the quantum boards will I’m sure supply some info on those as I’m not fully up to speed on those. Good luck.

Trichceratop

Trichceratop

Cool, I was looking at the hlg 260 originally just though it seemed a little light on the recommended wattage for veg and flower both even if the website says it will cover it. Just trying to cover my bases for the cost . From what I've gathered so far it seems like people are wanting 30-35 w sq ft in veg and 50 in flower which is where my pursuit of the 260 ended. Just wondering what would I expect from the 260 in that area full cycle ? Thanks for the input thus far I'l get this figured out one of these months

D

DrDankPHD

Alright I may be in the wrong forum here ? Just figured since it's not a started thing and something I'm figuring out here works.

Anyway bassically what I'm trying to figure out is optimal wattage in either a cob or quantum board situation for a 2x4x6 tent. From the research I've cobbled together it seems the ballpark is anywhere between 30-40 actual watts (so I'm talking hlg or timber type wattage true to spec ? I guess would be the term not Amazon or eBay LEDs, not to be arrogant open to ideas just for clarity's sake .) So it seems 30-40 watts is what people seem to call for in veg and then somewhere in the ball park of 35-50? For flower . Not sure if I have this all wrong but with those numbers something like the hlg 260xl with the driver adjsutabld from 135-285 watts seems like it covers my bases. Here's where.my questions come in this is all theoretical assumption on my part piecing together number specs and threads to come to this conclusion . I don't feel comfortable pulling the trigger on a 325+ plus fixture if it's not going to be applicable to my situation . My goals which I don't think are unrealsitic are two plants 2x4x6 area trained maybe a scrog situation, just to learn more about the plants cycles and maximizing efficiency and dare I say yield which goes hand in hand with good plant care and open eyes and ears in my mind . Just want some clarification and some people with experience in this life to maybe shed some light ahem on the situation and tell me if my assumptions and expectations are on some space cadet shit or realsitic. Thanks !

I like 2 optic 1 cobs. I think 50w actual each. Cree boards. Perfect for 2 plants. Each one comes with rope ratchets good build quality.

Trichceratop

Trichceratop

What's the cost on something like that doctor dank 2 optic 1 cob? Haha forgive my ignorance if you're referencing something mentioned .

D

DrDankPHD

What's the cost on something like that doctor dank 2 optic 1 cob? Haha forgive my ignorance if you're referencing something mentioned .
Optic one 50w real. Is 200 dollars. FYI you can also get 150 w HPS sunsystem for under 100 I think.

Top Bottom