Led To Hps

• Thread starter 40Below
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

A SOG under a GE 250 (just to test stability of my crosses) I don't show many people my larger grows.
These were done in half Hempy, and half coco party cups to see what would yield more. I also tried to get em to herm! Left light leaks, totally switched light cycles etc... not a naner to be found!

20170901 002413
20170901 002833 2
20150326 022756
BioStimz

BioStimz

I know one thing's for sure.... I can pull [significantly] more terps from my strains with full-spectrum control LEDs vs HPS, better trichome-density, a lower electric bill and way less heat to deal with.

As for myself and HPS?

Never again.

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

A SOG under a GE 250 (just to test stability of my crosses) I don't show many people my larger grows.
These were done in half Hempy, and half coco party cups to see what would yield more. I also tried to get em to herm! Left light leaks, totally switched light cycles etc... not a naner to be found!

Those are beautiful.

I like.

~

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I know one thing's for sure.... I can pull [significantly] more terps from my strains with full-spectrum control LEDs vs HPS, better trichome-density, a lower electric bill and way less heat to deal with.

As for myself and HPS?
That's awsome. Have you read DJ Shorts essay on terps? I've never used LED, and until I feel I can get a return for the time.

Never again.

~
I could debate all thoes statements, but if your happy, that's all that matters

BioStimz

BioStimz

I could debate all thoes statements, but if your happy, that's all that matters

We can't debate each others experiences.... we can only validate our own.

I'm definitely not saying my way is better than yours. Shit, from those pics.... it doesn't look like you'd even have room for more trichomes.

Nonetheless, I have way more control now over my end-result. With HPS.... I can't have fun.

I can't force my plants to shut down rapidly at night by hitting them with far-red..... I can't manipulate the terpene-profile with the blue spectrum at the last days of flowering.

Yeah, I'm good.

~

Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

We can't debate each others experiences.... we can only validate our own. ;)

I have way more control now over my end-result. With HPS.... I can't have fun. I can't force my plants to shut down rapidly at night by hitting them with far-red..... I can't manipulate the terpene-profile with the blue spectrum at the last days of flowering.

Yeah, I'm good.

~
lol, no can't validate your experiences. Too bad we can't have an independent taste tester, but again, I'm a big believer in genetics. Genetics IMO play the biggest roll.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Gotta disagree with you there. I've used $22 Ultrasuns, and pulled well over 2. It's genetics, training,and even canopy.

Won't argue because I don't have the experience to go down that road

But I bought a 300w led from amazon for 80 bux. All reviews good, or at least well.

Lots use em, it didn't provide shit for light.

Many others here same issue. A very select few can pull some good nug from a galaxy hydro or mars hydro led 300/450 or even a 600

Cuz the 300 is realistic 135/140w

Post pics, would like to see more

C

Chamitch

I say use both ;)

Should not shock them really at all. If does maybe a day or 2 just to get the pigments souped up. As said buddy changes more red at night outside alot of changes in light obv bit different as aclimatized to that. Potential gaines will make up for any stall

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I say use both ;)

Should not shock them really at all. If does maybe a day or 2 just to get the pigments souped up. As said buddy changes more red at night outside alot of changes in light obv bit different as aclimatized to that. Potential gaines will make up for any stall

Ideally that.

A led, like cob Cree rig n a 630 cmh combo would just be awesome.

I eventually will be using both. I cannot deal with the hps heat in the summer. So I'm getting a small led to use with a 400 hps and use solo during 100 days of summer.

Would love to see guys setups

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings,
I'm like @BioStimz like the led, won't turn back, I've used MH exclusively but now...a lot of those cartoon LEDs aren't that good and use equivalent wattage??! Now I use Super grow led SK 450 ,a 250w unit with equivalent of 500w HPS...this a commercial grade unit , I'm glad I got this, runs $850 , light spread is aout 4' for each one, I definitely want to get more of these

chillywilly

chillywilly

I had a similars product on the net here and yet I was dealing with metal halide and yet I decided to deal with the LED because HPS only bills and I have another thread on here already about pressure sodium's and then dealing with infrared light compared to ultraviolet light...HPS is good to a point, but, a lot are noobies, no dis respect...I got my info at the library of Congress, DC...did hundreds of hours... helping the community...CMG -USDA official... certified master gardener...
Peace...
cw

chillywilly

chillywilly

Medical grade???
CBD??? Hmm...thc. thcv? Uplifting of energy ... healing of the nation...
cw... thanks

MW7945

MW7945

Could've gotten a hell of a COB setup with what you spent on that Platinum LED

Latest posts

Top Bottom