Leds For 48x24x60 Tent Question

• Thread starter Eyebedam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Putting together the final pieces to my first ever grow.. Already have the tent & placing he order for lights by the end of the weekend.. At first I had my mind set on these but I'm now wondering if this would be to much for the size tent I have? I'm only planning on at the very most 4 plant but more than likely it will be 3..

I was looking at the 900 watt Meizhi lights

Or would the 600 watt. Version of this light be better for my situation

Last edited:
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Putting together the final pieces to my first ever grow.. Already have the tent & placing he order for lights by the end of the weekend.. At first I had my mind set on these but I'm now wondering if this would be to much for the size tent I have? I'm only planning on at the very most 4 plant but more than likely it will be 3..

Your area is 8 square feet. 800 total watts would be acceptable for that area. 50 watts per square foot of veg and 100 at flower is quite a bit I would buy lights with Bloom and veg switches.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

For that size area you're going to need smaller lights not just one big one.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

For that size area you're going to need smaller lights not just one big one.

Here are pics of both lights.. I was thinking worst case scenario after the first run at it if I do enjoy th hobby aspect of it I can get a larger tent no problem. The only reason I ended up with this smaller one to begin with is it was basically free & new in the box.

gwheels

gwheels

If you are not into making your own cobs one of these would work for a tent that size

http://timbergrowlights.com/400-watt-vero29-v7-linear-framework/

You could get a 200 or 300 watt light too. These are actual power draw from the wall and not the pretend power of LED

They have others too. This is quality lighting and a lot less trouble with heat. Dimmable too. They are expensive but will outlast the cheapy light and produce a lot better flowers.

If you already have that cheap light give it a go. If the results are not to your satisfaction save up for a good light and you will never look back.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I just want to point out a couple of things with those inexpensive lights that you posted:

1. the 900watt version only pulls 418 watts from the wall which means the 900 potential watts is nowhere near the actual watts being used by the leds. My guess is they came up with the 900w number by adding up all the wattage "ratings "of the LEDs being used and only driving them at 1/3 the potential.

2. be careful of the coverage of this light, it's only 22" long, may not cover the full 48" you are looking for.

but like gwheels said, they are inexpensive, and if you're on a tight budget, you might give them a try and hope for the best.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Here are pics of both lights.. I was thinking worst case scenario after the first run at it if I do enjoy th hobby aspect of it I can get a larger tent no problem. The only reason I ended up with this smaller one to begin with is it was basically free & new in the box.
All of the lower-end lighting is about the same cost and they all work, it's a matter of selecting which Spectrum you prefer. Heat is a major concern. If you use a spectrum that only emits usable plant light with 3 watt LEDs it will be most efficient and create the least amount of heat. If you are just going to grow straight plants in there and not do a scrog. With only 2 ft wide your plants are going to be smashed in there and not a lot of light is going to get to your lower buds. You would be better off to go with two 300s on the top for even coverage and panels on the walls just below and surrounding the canopy.https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P...yhydro+300&dpPl=1&dpID=415Zgg5UPRL&ref=plSrch

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

You are like a lot of people that come in here asking about LEDs. People do a bunch of looking around and see lights they think are cool and then they get stuck on them. Honestly what you should be concentrating on is even light coverage at the correct wattage per square foot and light efficiency meaning electricity and heat in combination with your budget. Stay away from those double chip cheap Chinese ones.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I've got reason to suspect that the original poster isn't a grower at all but someone getting paid to front these lights. No personal pics, first time poster, everyone needs to be made aware this is happening.
I see

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Please tell me your reason then? Yes I'm a first time poster because I found this site while doing reasearch for possibly starting a small grow. You are correct I'm not a "grower" this is my first time trying to get into this.

That would be the same reason I don't have pics posted. I'm also in a non friendly state so I don't see it as a smart move to post my stuff the first time asking a question on a forum.

All the first links about inexpensive leds took me to mars hydros but from what I read on here a lot of folks claim them to be crap hence me looking at other options & that's how I came across the Meizhi... I was asking about them because I plan on pulling the trigger for lights this weekend. I'm only looking for something to support a few plants for myself so I'm trying to keep it as "Raw yet workable" as possible. It's actually kinda sad someone can't ask a honest question without being accused of peddling lights.
I was also looking at the viper spectra brand but after a few YouTube videos & taking the budget into consideration I was starting to settle on the Meizhis. I figured that they would be better than CFL's & I could always upgrade after I had a grow or 2 under my belt. Oh if it makes a difference I was gonna do Blueberry Autos from seedsman. Also I don't work for seedsman or peddle their products. I just happen to have there seeds so I thought I'd start with them

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

I've got reason to suspect that the original poster isn't a grower at all but someone getting paid to front these lights. No personal pics, first time poster, everyone needs to be made aware this is happening.
Wrong

Dan789

Dan789

Light up a joint, post the pic of it burning, then I'll be less skeptical.
Where's the picture of your tent? Post something other than what you can paste from somewhere else? What nutrients have you bought, post a pic of them.

Top Bottom