Leds For 48x24x60 Tent Question

• Thread starter Eyebedam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Maybe you should light 1 up & be slightly more welcoming. Geez.. sorry for even asking a question. When I get off work I'll take a pic of the space in my fish tank room I was planning on putting stuff. You want a copy of today's paper with the date showing to boot?

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

So now that I've had to prove I'm real, would 2 300watt inexpensive leds be better off than the 900 watt version I originally was looking at? I'm trying to stay under the 200.00 on lights currently. Once I get the hang of things I don't mind upgrading & using these for the veg stage if need be. However at this point not really sure if I'll be asking many questions on here or maybe I can just use that ignore feature.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

@Eyebedam, very sorry to have questioned your motives, and for that I apologize. Peace.

I don't really know what I did to be questioned but Shit happens man. No worries.
Now that the B.S. is outta the way. For my right budget set-up do you have any budget friendly recommendations? Should I just go with 2 300 set-ups? My tent will be here Wednesday @ 8am. I'd like to be up & running by noon & drinking at the bar by 12.02

Dan789

Dan789

You do gain advantage with two smaller lights over one big one. As you gain experience and are acquire a bigger budget, you can then add to what you have or at some time even retire them. I've got fixtures now that if I get the cobs I'm looking at (timberline) I'll have to find a use or just retire them and move on. Good luck.

gwheels

gwheels

The cheap light you show might net you .3 grams per actual watt. A real light passes 1. I takes mad skills but you can learn all of them here. I have 4 deck plants this year and I have to say they are pretty ridiculous. I owe it all to the farmers. I am working with a 315 CMH now. It is a lot warmer than a timber but i can work with it. It covers a 3 x 4 space in my 4 x 4 tent. I got close to 10 oz of personal awesomeness in a 4 x 4 with just past limited knowledge and a decent cob fixture. Good lighting will perform. Cheap is cheap. Timber and PLC fixtures are the real deal quality best bin stuff. If I could sell all of my lights i would timber up with the cash. But I run a 4 x 4 forever. It exceeds my limitations and covers me in birthday and christmas gifts forever. :D Do what you wish amigo. But after a run of personal save up what you would have spent and get a good light. I have learned every hard way and had the cash to do so so I would really also recommend a really good PH pen (bluelab) so you can ensure you feed/water at the correct PH. A good light makes the yield bonkers. A crap light burns out and makes you feel less than satisfied. I currently have a Grandmas Secret Garden (THE BIGGEST RIPOFF OF ALL TIME 700.00 FOR WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR WAY LESS THAN HALF OR GET A TENT KIT AND ROCK IT ) i use it to start plants (grow box). I got a 4 x 4 tent and 6 inch filtration and all the stuff for way less than and i paid 800 for a 550 watt mcob fixture and about 500 for a 315 CMG (Canadian). the MCOB is ridiculous. I am trying a 315 to see what i can do. I have learned through 3 rounds or stupid and lacking knowledge to now.

I might be really high. Wow that King Tut rocked it. 550 watt MCOB fixture :D

Cheap is cheap.

Run it a round and save up for a timber. IMHO

Peace. I hope made stack of chronic buds for you amigo

Last edited:
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

The 400w kit would do you real nice in your 4x2 tent. If you spend a little extra upfront for newer cob tech you'll save yourself some trouble later on. Are you just planning on running the one tent seed to harvest and then starting over each time? No saving clones?

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

The 400w kit would do you real nice in your 4x2 tent. If you spend a little extra upfront for newer cob tech you'll save yourself some trouble later on. Are you just planning on running the one tent seed to harvest and then starting over each time? No saving clones?

This first run Is gonna be a auto. If I do enjoy it & really decide to get more into the hobby aspect of it my goal would be to use this first tent as a veg tent & get something nicer & larger for a flower tent.. That way I can always have something in rotation.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

This first run Is gonna be a auto. If I do enjoy it & really decide to get more into the hobby aspect of it my goal would be to use this first tent as a veg tent & get something nicer & larger for a flower tent.. That way I can always have something in rotation.
That sounds like a really good plan. Now just to sort out the lighting...

budhaboy

budhaboy

Eyebedam, go ahead and buy those 300 watt panels and see if they work for you- I presently have a flower tent with 2 x 300 watt Galaxyhydros I got from amazon for $89.99(now theyre 79.99) and I average 25-35 grams per plant, using Sensibloom a/b, and floranova(molasses based fert) with a bit of Beastiebloomz for an added mid to late flower kick. I have a separate room for veg, and I've recently switched over to those cheap Chinese BLUE LED light panels - they were cheap enough that my grow buddy and I got a few as an experiment, got good veg growth and we've both switched to using them exclusively(switched from a 4 foot 8 bulb T5 fixture and growth has increased, with more foliage).
As the Seamaiden could attest, I have a plethora of MH ballasts and VHO ballasts and fixtures leftover from my reefkeeping days(I run LEDs over my tanks now too), and had nothing but problems, even with a borrowed HPS- everyone has their own methods tried and true.
Read everything as a guideline, take nothing as gospel, and develop your own methods via trial and error.

oregonized

oregonized

You could pull a gram/watt of cheapies.....g/w are way too subjective even for the blurples...but you will use a ton of electricity getting there.....

What isn't great about them, is the efficiency vs. the efficacy of these type of fixtures. The diodes are old tech in most of them and aren't heatsinked very well [ask me how many I pull off of Craigslist in this condition...:)]

T5's are probably more efficient and their efficacy is only about 100 lumens/ watt? So why blow a bunch of money on an LED that is just more expensive? That's really all it is at this point...

Now upgrading a bit and matching the PPF of the 1000W DE and with a better spread and less wattage and cooling/heating/dehuey is realistic and is about 1/3 the cost of even 3 years ago....just saying...

Strips lights are highly economical and pack a punch. Might choice at the moment.

oregonized

oregonized

A cheap DIY for a 4x 8.
2x Meanwell 600-1050 $100 or so apiece
25-30x Bridgelux EB 1190mm or Samsung Strips w/Lm301's S6's $15
Wire Rope, rope thimbles and d rings for hanging.
Wago's

No Soldering Not much to put together....Lots of PPF

I have seen people even using neodynium magnets to attach strips to a 10mm thick aluminum plate for heatsinking....

S

Socalking

DONT GET THE CHEAP LED's!!!

I bought one and it worked fine for the first month, i paid that same price for a 314 actual watt, after that the LED started burning the hell out of my buds, the UV and UVB rays are way too strong, for the most part, and they lie on the light specttrum graphs. get a 400 watt hps, for way cheaper and double the harvest haha imho, you have to spend a good amount of money to get a quality light unless you know the person who makes it and the quality of their diodes

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

LEDs are purchased & have been delivered... No turning back now, I just gotta hope for the best. On a lucky note, I just put my tent together.. Appears they they mislisted the tent I won on auction & I actually got a 48x32 60 instead so that's a positive.. Best 7.00 auction I've ever won.

S

Socalking

Good luck! If they start to burn your plants, raise the led's high above the canopy.. Like 3 ft or maybe use glass to block some uvs

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

LEDs are purchased & have been delivered... No turning back now, I just gotta hope for the best. On a lucky note, I just put my tent together.. Appears they they mislisted the tent I won on auction & I actually got a 48x32 60 instead so that's a positive.. Best 7.00 auction I've ever won.
What a bigger Tent? You might have to get another light LOL. How did you like those lights did you fire them up?

Latest posts

Top Bottom