Legal Question Costilla County

• Thread starter jahkeith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jahkeith

Hey all, I'm a colorado resident and I just had my medical card upgraded past what my county will allow me to do. Does anyone know what the rules and regulations are for costilla County Medical grows, or where I could find them? I have a 99 plant count on my new card and would like to use it to its full potential. I've tried calling the county clerk the planning and zoning department and the sheriff but none of them could help me. This is a personal grow that I would ideally like to supply me for the next year. Any info about this county or suggestions of other counties would be much appreciated.

Thanks

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Your Sheriff's department could not help you? That's odd considering there the enforcers of the law.

I would suggest contacting your local Norml chapter, they can be found on normls website, they can help you, or you could find a lawyer whos specializes in marijuana in your region and contact them :D

Good luck friend!

J

jahkeith

[tUOTE="LittleDabbie, post: 1394968, member: 60679"]Your Sheriff's department could not help you? That's odd considering there the enforcers of the law.

I would suggest contacting your local Norml chapter, they can be found on normls website, they can help you, or you could find a lawyer whos specializes in marijuana in your region and contact them :D

Good luck friend![/QUOTE]
That's exactly what I was think about the sheriff. If I can't find out what the law is how am I supposed to abide by it? Lol. But thank you I'll try norml

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You could also check at your local government center Should be located near the courthouse Someone inside there should know if your county has any regulations or not :D

Norml should be able to tell ya tho, could prolly even send a cpl emails and get a fast responce :D

J

jahkeith

[QCuz E=" Little Dabbie, post: 1394978, member: 60679"]You could also check at your local government center Should be located near the courthouse Someone inside there should know if your county has any regulations or not :D

Norml should be able to tell ya tho, could prolly even send a cpl emails and get a fast responce :D[/QUOTE]
No help from norml, all I could find was the state chapter, nothing regional. I Know the regulations for my county do you think someone at a local government center would be able to tell me about a county on the other side of the state? I kind of doubt that

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
No you'd have to contact the countys government center Ring ring and ask them what there regulations are for the county..

Past that Lawyers are the ones who should know a definitive answer, but even then thats not a 100%..

Lemmie see if i can google any information for ya.

J

jahkeith

Thanks, I feel like this should have been a lot easier than it has been. I did call their government center and didn't get an answer at the zoning and planning office or the county clerk.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Land Use Codes Click Me <-- Land Use Codes Search keyword marijuana, Seems your exempt from permits as long as your in the right zoning area for agriculture.

Unable to find any regulations governing home gardens past the Land use. :D

J

jahkeith

I've been unable to find any regulations past land use too but it does say you would need a special use permit in an agricultural area and that it is not allowable use in any other area. But wouldn't that just be for dispensary grows? Not for a personal one? Is it possible they don't have regulations for home gardens?

Screenshot 2015 01 15 14 00 07
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I've been unable to find any regulations past land use too but it does say you would need a special use permit in an agricultural area and that it is not allowable use in any other area. But wouldn't that just be for dispensary grows? Not for a personal one? Is it possible they don't have regulations for home gardens?

Yeah thats what i read seems it applies to dispensary grows, Personal grows i saw no news articles no anything related to personal grows so i would assume your only bound by the regulations of your states laws since it appears that county has no regulations against personal grows.. yet..

Donnie420

Donnie420

Yeah thats what i read seems it applies to dispensary grows, Personal grows i saw no news articles no anything related to personal grows so i would assume your only bound by the regulations of your states laws since it appears that county has no regulations against personal grows.. yet..

The biggest regulation for outdoor growing is the need for it to be in some form of enclosed area..as in enclosed to the public (neighbors..From what I've been reading green house's with doors that lock seem to be within the constraints of the law...Its so funny to see this thread i have been looking at land out in costilla. Best of Luck to you
Just wanted to add this https://www.coloradopotguide.com/co...ing-marijuana-outdoors-what-you-need-to-know/

Last edited:
B

Bukbud

Any new info on costilla? I was at a garden all year there last year w a 99 count w no problems but was curious about the new year. Anyone know any new info? Sorry to bring up an old post.

D

DemeterRanch

Hi I live I costilla as well what's the update? Which doctor did you use for 99 plant count?

Top Bottom