Legal State

• Thread starter MrsCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrsCannabis

MrsCannabis

Hi I a. In a legal state and I have noticed that good quilty smoke is harder to find now then before or folks have become super greedy with the cost what's up with this man!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Welcome to legalization!
It’s all downhill from here.
Grow your own and find a local grower with good genetics.
Here in Oregun if you have a medical card still to can find dispensary’s that only cater to medical patients you might be able to find something decent. But ide stick with grow your own.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Means nothing, had interdiction with a fellow here recently from Vermont claiming there’s no where to get bud
“In my legal state”. Lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was excited about legal medical weed in Michigan when I got my card. Less than a year later I was done trying caregivers and dispensaries and started growing my own.

4 years later I finally can say I have as good of smoke as the old days. Maybe better. :-)

The reason legal weed sucks is greed for sure. Grow fast strains with fancy popular names and cut early after overfeeding for yield and spraying too much for bugs.

Then trim off the trichomes to be sold as concentrate and sell the over trimmed weed as top shelf anyway.

Also no proper dry and cure as that would take more time. Time is money. That’s their problem.

That’s how I see it anyway.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Went to a dispensary last month just to see what the kids were smokin these days. My wife likes fruity smellin weed there was a lemon kush I thought she might like. Checked it out no smell and you can’t touch till you buy. I asked the waiter how long it’s been on the shelf? “ ahh, August 2017”
Lol, I laughed in his face! I said your selling that for $15 a gram!! And I walked rite out the door, didn’t let it hit me in the ass!!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Just think. If it was all great weed then we’d have no reason to grow our own. The market needs a Budweiser so craft brewers have something to be compared to. Same with weed. Dispensaries are the benchmark and it’s a fairly low bar.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What seemed off was after 35 years of black market weed even the bottom of the barrel mexi-brick street weed was more reliable than the local dispensary weed. Or unfortunately either caregiver I tried.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
472900FF BD8E 4E3C AB3F 07A4F70DCC20

Oh damn. I almost forgot about the shit we used to get in the 90s. $100/oz all day. So many stems and seeds. It would take a good 5 minutes of seperation to get a joints worth.

Hell we even had tricks like using a rolling tray so the seeds would roll down while breaking it up. Man I do not miss those days!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
View attachment 839523

Oh damn. I almost forgot about the shit we used to get in the 90s. $100/oz all day. So many stems and seeds. It would take a good 5 minutes of seperation to get a joints worth.

Hell we even had tricks like using a rolling tray so the seeds would roll down while breaking it up. Man I do not miss those days!
I remember that brick weed, Lmfao.
Who’s gona go first with a pipe hit?
Seeds be popping in your face!
And good luck takin a bong hit that shit I’ll drop you on the floor like a rock dropped off a overpass.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I was excited about legal medical weed in Michigan when I got my card. Less than a year later I was done trying caregivers and dispensaries and started growing my own.

4 years later I finally can say I have as good of smoke as the old days. Maybe better. :)

The reason legal weed sucks is greed for sure. Grow fast strains with fancy popular names and cut early after overfeeding for yield and spraying too much for bugs.

Then trim off the trichomes to be sold as concentrate and sell the over trimmed weed as top shelf anyway.

Also no proper dry and cure as that would take more time. Time is money. That’s their problem.

That’s how I see it anyway.
you sir just nailed it with all of the above.:D Have you seen the new hustle dispos and other nefarious folks are doing? Here in az they are taking mid to low shelf erb and doctoring it with terp extracts to make it smell like good weed. :( I posted years ago when this whole legal weed stuff began that when it got to a large scale op the love and care we boutique growers were putting into our grows would show in the quality of the weed grown for profit minus the love and care we small timers put into it. Such as life...…………..

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
you sir just nailed it with all of the above.:D Have you seen the new hustle dispos and other nefarious folks are doing? Here is az they are taking mid to low shelf erb and doctoring it with terp extracts to make it smell like good weed. :( I posted years ago when this whole legal weed stuff began that when it got to a large scale op the love and care we boutique growers were putting into our grows would show in the quality of the weed grown for profit minus the love and care we small timers put into it. Such as life...…………..

That’s awful. Luckily there will always be a market for love and care.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

View attachment 839523

Always used a double album cover to sift the seeds down to the fold. Even in the car.

Our “greenbud” was basically modern boutique quality hybrids but with some seeds. Mostly white immature ones but I sure wish I had saved some of the good ones.

Top Bottom