Legion Of Living Organic Soil

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

that white fuzzy is good stuff man. You are on the right path.
The white fuzz only developed in a small amount of mix I had stored in a black garbage bag. A 30 gal garbage can of the same mix isn't showing the white fuzz. Has a strong odor though. Rotten swamp water kind of stink. This anerobic? Good/bad?

F

FutureGrower

I invite you to peruse this write up and come to your own conclusions. Living soil is about a natural balance and in my garden /soil I love to have this excellent network. Read on to see and understand its importance in any garden.

https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detailfull/soils/health/biology/?cid=nrcs142p2_053864

I use mykos for that :). The soil dominance should remain bacterial still for most annuals to provide the ideal stomping ground for them unless I misread? Just a question not trying to challenge anything :)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
The white fuzz only developed in a small amount of mix I had stored in a black garbage bag. A 30 gal garbage can of the same mix isn't showing the white fuzz. Has a strong odor though. Rotten swamp water kind of stink. This anerobic? Good/bad?
I try to run 0 waste so leaves and stems and everything get composted with lactobacillus serum too (kinda like bokashi). I get the same smell, it smells almost like garbage water when i put them in a trash bag with good amount of moisture and serum and wait for a month or so. I used the first product with couple of my tomatoes and had good results, very good vegging, at least two times faster than my wormcasting and manure ones. So that smell must be good :)

Organikz

Organikz

Anaerobic is fine while cooking soil. Once you're planted anaerobic is obviously bad.

I use mykos for that :). The soil dominance should remain bacterial still for most annuals to provide the ideal stomping ground for them unless I misread? Just a question not trying to challenge anything :)
We cant say exactly what a plant prefers. Some guys say fungal dominance for vegative and bacterial dominance in flower. I simply let the plant make that call. The term micro-herd is very accurate because the plant deposits different compounds into the soil depending on what sort of micro-herds it wants to attract.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Anaerobic is fine while cooking soil. Once you're planted anaerobic is obviously bad.

We cant say exactly what a plant prefers. Some guys say fungal dominance for vegative and bacterial dominance in flower. I simply let the plant make that call. The term micro-herd is very accurate because the plant deposits different compounds into the soil depending on what sort of micro-herds it wants to attract.
Some say bacterial for veg, fungal for flower :D

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Exactly. We can guess but who says were getting it right. I did away with the scale tipping and balancing acts.
Yeah as you said, plant favors some over the other based on its needs. See it does have a basic consciousness :)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
foul odor is typically not good sign, yes possible anaerobic conditions . any way to turn your mix to oxygenate like tossing a compost pile.?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
At the end of the day, we can all take what knowledge we read , use and absorb, but the true test is what methods we feel give us the best results in (our gardens) and our conditions or environments. There really isn't any right or wrong if you feel the path your taking is giving you optimal results. :D

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Im of the notion that with any media already with adequate to high P & K levels mykos wont typically even germinate. mycorrhizae come into play when there are existing deficiencies in the soil. Its like a hair extension to help the plants root zone reach further and deeper to seek out nutrition it senses is missing.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
foul odor is typically not good sign, yes possible anaerobic conditions . any way to turn your mix to oxygenate like tossing a compost pile.?
Anaerobic conditions are not a big problem imho when composting, some heavy duty microbes prefer it as far as i can remember. The smell i get is like rotting cannabis as i am using leaves and stems in my compost, it is sharp but sweet, also not overwhelming either a faint odour.

F

FutureGrower

Im of the notion that with any media already with adequate to high P & K levels mykos wont typically even germinate. mycorrhizae come into play when there are existing deficiencies in the soil. Its like a hair extension to help the plants root zone reach further and deeper to seek out nutrition it senses is missing.

I 100% do not have my soil on point yet lol! I'm working that way but its only 3rd cycle and I haven't grown a thing before, big learning curve here lol.

Question would that still applying when germinating a new seed? I generally soak them in tap water I've bubbled to get rid of chlorine then I throw mykos on a towel with the same water and the seeds. I've done zero control tests I've always just added it since my first grow

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

At the end of the day, we can all take what knowledge we read , use and absorb, but the true test is what methods we feel give us the best results in (our gardens) and our conditions or environments. There really isn't any right or wrong if you feel the path your taking is giving you optimal results. :D
That's some Yoda shit right there.

Top Bottom