less weight with jacks?

• Thread starter Owlfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Owlfarm

Owlfarm

Hello all,
I made the switch to jacks nutrients a few months back and love them. Great healthy growth. I've been using the 3-2-1 formula with jacks hydroponic, calcium nitrate, and epsom salts. It seems like the past few harvests the buds have looked great, filled out fine, and everything looks pretty much the same as many other nutrient lines I've used. The only thing is when I chop the buds feel like they don't have the same weight and heft, kinda like they are made of paper. It's not like they are airy or anything, just light. I'm trying to figure it out and wondering if anyone else has experienced this with jacks.
I'll probably do a run with cs or gh to see if that fixes it unless anyone has any suggestions...

Camdawg

Camdawg

@turbo14 had a slightly varied jacks recipe where the cal nit is lowered as you near harvest. Not sure but I think for your samr situation hopefully he'll chime in on this.

Owlfarm

Owlfarm

Thanks camdawg. I was thinking it might have something to do with that. I've been lowering the cal nitrate as I get closer to the end of flower, but wasn't sure of the ratios everyone has had success with. I'm running it in undercurrents.

Camdawg

Camdawg

Thanks camdawg. I was thinking it might have something to do with that. I've been lowering the cal nitrate as I get closer to the end of flower, but wasn't sure of the ratios everyone has had success with. I'm running it in undercurrents.
I know almost nothing about undercurrent except they seem to always run lowered ppms.

Owlfarm

Owlfarm

Thanks for the feedback turbo. I'm not sure whats going on, thinking maybe the jacks hydro I'm getting is the wrong ratio for undercurrent? I'm using the 5-12-26 i believe. I was thinking of switching to the jacks classic blossom booster which is 10-30-20.... Or just switching back to the full line of cs nutes. I really liked them, but the cost of jacks makes so much more sense to me.
Anyone have a method of mixing the jacks that wants to chime in? I wasnt letting the nutrient properly dissolve before adding it to the res and I'm thinking that might be part of the problem.
Getting ready to do a run of og ghost train #1 in the undercurrent and I'm pretty excited...

P

pat049010

Hello all,
I made the switch to jacks nutrients a few months back and love them. Great healthy growth. I've been using the 3-2-1 formula with jacks hydroponic, calcium nitrate, and epsom salts. It seems like the past few harvests the buds have looked great, filled out fine, and everything looks pretty much the same as many other nutrient lines I've used. The only thing is when I chop the buds feel like they don't have the same weight and heft, kinda like they are made of paper. It's not like they are airy or anything, just light. I'm trying to figure it out and wondering if anyone else has experienced this with jacks.
I'll probably do a run with cs or gh to see if that fixes it unless anyone has any suggestions...
I've been using 10-30-20 ,cal-mac,epson salt , Wk 2 in flower I ad 2.5 ml of RAW Nutrien 0-0-50 to 10 gallons of water my my plants 19 inches tall from the top of the medium 7 gallon pots 12 plants 4 - 1000 watt hps I average 2lbs per light I also ad CO2 FEED FEED WATER

S

Shawnery

I'm running rdwc nit I assume it's pretty similar.

I use masterblend quich is different but very similar to Jack's. I use it at 12/12/6, per 5 gal, the 6 being the Epsom salts during veg. When I switched to flower I dropped my cal/nit in half so I am running 12/6/6. I've had great results with bulking up and getting hefty though not large.

Latest posts

Top Bottom