Lets Have Some Fun. Show Me Your Uglies :)

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SharkLasko

SharkLasko

Water basin ran dry. Girls got big and started drinking 3 times as much h2O. Didn't know that was going to happen. Lost 1, stunted 1, and harvested one.
20180527 185947

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
MAs growers we tend to always show our best and hide the ugliness.

It’s just human nature.

But sometimes ugly can be beautiful and to a new grower seeing nothing but perfect bud shots and perfectly healthy plants can make it seem like they aren’t very good growers.

Let’s face it, we’ve all been there. And it happens to the best of us.

So let’s show our worst and help these new growers feel a little better about themselves and breathe a sigh of relief as they witness the ugliness of what a real grow can look like.

I’ll start us off.

3BF0EB85 D63D 4C2F 8A97 D20FC4397E1B

Here’s a plant that had a rough beginning. Had some temp issues and fed them too much after misdiagnosing the problem.

5486369B FE63 4279 9518 AB26C24C4689

Here’s another plant with similar issues. It was purpling up something fierce and I figured it was a phosphorus lockout. Little did I know the low temps from running LED grow lights vs T-5s was keeping them from transpiring correctly. It’s back on track now although the old growth will never fully recover.

C2AE7366 FE22 4474 BDFD 17B4B8413F4D

Same issue as above. I decided to let them go for a while without ferts as I had hit them with a higher than normal dose of phosphorus. Going to start feeding it again it the next watering and get it fully recovered.

So show us your fuck ups. Don’t hold back. We all make mistakes and that’s perfectly fine. The uglier the better and if you fixed the problem let us know how it got there and what you did to fix it.

*Moderators Note; this thread is merged with the ongoing one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fangthane

Fangthane

This thread is kind of a pretty good idea. In my first grow, I was fighting yellowing from the beginning of flower, then nute burn from overcompensating for my N deficiency. Up until the few weeks before harvest, all of the beautiful, lush and vibrant plants most show on here had me pretty much convinced that I'd screwed the pooch to the point where my plants were likely to just spontaneously combust at any moment. While I'm sure that the lack of know-how reflected in my plants' appearance undoubtedly had some impact on eventual yield and potency, I still ended up with a pretty damn decent harvest of pretty solid smoke - even with my plants not being particularly pretty. I was so frustrated that I'd considered just yanking my plants and starting over. Very glad I didn't. Good idea to show that some beauty can still come from near decrepitude.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I don’t want folks to get the idea that experienced growers do it perfectly every single time. We all fuck up occasionally and it’s fine as long as we learn from it.

Sometimes it’s just a matter of not having enough time to care for them properly. Other times it’s some minor adjustments we make hoping to make our spaces even more ideal and get better results. We’ve all been there and it’s time to show the world our ugly side :-)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
This will be a great thread. When I have more time later I will make a post. I got some material from my first grow and this grow lol.

Hey we’ve all been there and we’ll get there again and again soon enough. That’s how we learn and evolve as growers and let’s face it, who wants to take advice from someone who’s never made mistakes? How would they be able to help if they’ve never walked a mile in those shoes? It’s these little hiccups that help us grow as growers.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I delete the pics as i go along but they are somewhere around here on the farm i’ll find them. :D

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Essential oil spray with a bit much “essence” :). I was experimenting with them, ended up losing one white widow. Thats the one that got the heaviest dose but it was a runt so i wasn’t devastated :D

20DB338D DE90 4E36 B9C8 B9D5396CF3D1

CC364482 1C87 4A6D A731 0487F374D770

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
As growers we tend to always show our best and hide the ugliness.

It’s just human nature.

But sometimes ugly can be beautiful and to a new grower seeing nothing but perfect bud shots and perfectly healthy plants can make it seem like they aren’t very good growers.

So let’s show our worst and help these new growers feel a little better about themselves and breathe a sigh of relief as they witness the ugliness of what a real grow can look like.

I’ll start us off.

View attachment 845758

Here’s a plant that had a rough beginning. Had some temp issues and fed them too much after misdiagnosing the problem.

View attachment 845759

Here’s another plant with similar issues. It was purpling up something fierce and I figured it was a phosphorus lockout. Little did I know the low temps from running LED grow lights vs T-5s was keeping them from transpiring correctly. It’s back on track now although the old growth will never fully recover.

View attachment 845760

Same issue as above. I decided to let them go for a while without ferts as I had hit them with a higher than normal dose of phosphorus. Going to start feeding it again it the next watering and get it fully recovered.

So show us your fuck ups. Don’t hold back. We all make mistakes and that’s perfectly fine. The uglier the better and if you fixed the problem let us know how it got there and what you did to fix it.

Hahaha that song :D

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

This is sour diesel from my first grow. Fed it mega crop and nute burned it pretty good.
IMG 20181003 172734901
IMG 20181003 172728186

This is a peyote critical that just refuses to grow.
IMG 20181128 185225816

And here is a chromatose I got going. It looks like Siamese twins but one of them is like crippled and retarded LOL. Notice the growth tip that wants to grow downwards
IMG 20181208 114059701 HDR

IMG 20181207 181301284
IMG 20181208 114101652
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Had trouble with deficiencies from the beginning and ended up burning and yellowing every leaf on this girl.

Just kept leaching with fresh water and trying new fertilizer strengths. Never found her sweet spot. She burns no matter what it seems. Tried many different spots in the room and different distances to the lamp too.

But our beloved plant is strong. She is a real trooper and hung in there and is still giving big beautiful flowers.

A little patience goes a long way in gardening.

B9AF9ECE E2B7 4003 875A 9F41DBA6CEF8
C72AC2F1 B3A2 412C 8408 4494EB5736EF
6C31CC06 5D90 43D6 9039 215FC37E4C65

Going to have to trim those ugly leaves out of the buds. ;-)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
As growers we tend to always show our best and hide the ugliness.

It’s just human nature.

I’ll start us off.

View attachment 845758

View attachment 845759

View attachment 845760

Yes sir we have this thread going since 016 check it out.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/lets-have-some-fun-show-me-your-uglies.82812/

Top Bottom