Let's See Your Frostiest Flowers

• Thread starter hammerhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I just found this bud hiding out under another plants fan leaf. Being shielded really seems to make the trichomes stand up. Crappy iphone picture, I'll put up better pictures at harvest in a week or so.
The One x RKS/mex.

IMG 0978
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I also notice the same thing. Flowers under top flower have more tricromes.

I learned to move the light (or in my case lower the plant on stands) farther away during ripening. Seems to promote more trichomes up top to match the frosty lowers.

With my 600hps a couple of inches works wonders. From 18” to 20” away.

Stickybuds

Stickybuds

I learned to move the light (or in my case lower the plant on stands) farther away during ripening. Seems to promote more trichomes up top to match the frosty lowers.

With my 600hps a couple of inches works wonders. From 18” to 20” away.
I also run a 600 watt hps but hang mine at 20 inches now. Thinking another couple inches might be too much. What do you think?

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I just turned my down to 75% last weekend (i am running a 1000w) and it is already as high as I can get it.

I also run a 600 watt hps but hang mine at 20 inches now. Thinking another couple inches might be too much. What do you think?

A Lux meter could help you here (I think you can use a phone app for this too). I try to keep at least 20-30k lux minimum during flower but others might be more knowledgeable on this.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I let the leaves tell me that. Mine are single ended and in glass enclosed air cooled hoods. Doesnt feel hot closer but i always see top leaves stressing.

20” is in a good range for an se 600. Pretty close for a double ended.

Top Bottom