Lets talk about botanicare readygro aeration formula!

• Thread starter Weedmavin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Weedmavin

Have you had better results with other mediums? I'm switching from Dwc. When I actually got a harvest lol it was dank shit, but then again, I've grown indoor in 5 gals of soil and had really great bud too so...

W

Weedmavin

So far this stuff ain't bad. 1 water a day or so seems to be working. I'm only using dyna grow high N for right now, ph i let rise .1 a day from 5.8 to 6.2, then back down. I am about to switch back to gh 3 part, because it has more calcium (5%) and because I have a bunch from before. i was only using the dyna grow because i got a sample from them. Good stuff, and i still want a 1 part but im not looking ti change to many factors ar one time, know what i mean? The plants are now looking better. They were hurting in Dwc. I transplanted Sunday night. And today 1 plant has a root, a thick nice white root, poking out of the bottom of the 1 gal pot! Super stoked.
They are in a tray with a full res at 350ppm. I have flooded but today I'm going to hand water with nutes and root excellrator. I'm too cheap to fill my res with that expensive shit. And since I'm only watering once a day, it seems to make more sense and cents.

W

Weedmavin

Here is the bubblegum mom. It's an amazing cut from Tennessee, that then made ita way to oklahoma and now, its in cali :) This cut has been cloned for over 25 years and is simply amazing to smoke. I just harvested some in Dwc that only was ok but it still looks and smells amazing. I've been smoking her since 95! And just got a cut a few months ago. Was my first intro to nugget in
My life. She's near and dear lol.
The Dwc I still have going is an amazing Alien og I'm holding for a buddy. I'm over Dwc. I still grow and have grown a bunch of alien. Super Hardy and a wonderful plant to grow.
Can take damage and still produce dank nugs. No weight tho... I'm trying to change that with training.

W

Weedmavin

Thanks. I figured it out eventually. Been reading shit all day...
I'm digging the rg. More roots have popped out of the bottom of that pot since I took a pic 5 hours ago. Can't complaine about that.
I think I'm going to start hand feeding and then drip feeding soon enough dtw. For more insurance so to speak. Whatever it takes to avoid problems now and in the future.

curto

curto

Ive been using the ready grow for a long while. Its light, so its easy to carry. I don't have to mix anything, I just fill the pots and go. And it works good enough. I treat it like soil and water when the pot gets light, I get my plants on a every other day hand water, no run off at all, No major problems. I wish they wouldn't put water 4-6 times a day on the bag, You know how many grows that fuks up.
Would you suggest readygro aeraton or moisture mix for flood and drain tables?

R

Rocko

What's up everybody.

I'm getting myself out of a year long Dwc nightmare. I'm done constantly battling micro organisms that love to munch on roots. Yes I did the Heisenberg tea. It did help me rid my plants of root slime, but only during the winter. Once air temps went up the tea wouldn't cut it anymore. It was constant sterilizing buckets, root drenching in h2o2, reinniculating with bennies....over and over and over for nathen, nada!
(My winter harvest were amazing, Dwc can be awesome but it can also be a bitch. Keep it small if you are
Leaning that way)

Anyway, that was the past (like 3 days ago lol)
I removed my plants from there Dwc buckets and tossed them into 1 gal pots of readygro aeration. So far so good. And now I have a shit load more space in my grow room lol.

Anyway I had 6 newly rooted clones and like 16 Dwc transplants. All the root systems were super weak so I am treating them all like new clones.

I watered with fresh ro ph'd water the First day, with tea, I always use tea. The second day I watered with really light (300 ppm) dyna grow veg. Good one part btw.
I have all my 1 gal pots in a 3x3 flood table. So I flooded the second day. And now I'm flooding every 1.5 days or so since the medium is staying wet. Even tho the bag says to water 4-6 times a day. We'll get there.

I just wanted to get other peeps perspective on readygro aeration mix.

Do you treat it like soil?
Like coco?
Like hydro?
Drain to waste?
Flood n drain?
Drip?
I'd like to see how everyone else uses this stuff.
Do you use coco nutes?
Do you think they are necessary?
Cal-mag?

I ph at 5.8-6.0
Feed every water recirculating in a flood tray. Using RO water with no cal mg as its in the high N formula from dyna grow. I Plan on flushing every couple weeks. Or during res change.
I'm almost out of my dyna grow high N formula and will be using the rest of my gh 3 part and root excellrator (did not use root exel in Dwc, I know it causes probs) so I'm really just trying to keep it simple.

Another great thing about this mix:
When using rockwool cubes to clone, in Dwc the cubes stay drenched and that caused me problems, but with the aeration mix, it actually pulls water from
The cubes to make it only as wet as the soilless readygro mix. Not sure If that's been a prob for anyone else but that shit would keep my roots from expanding out from the cube properly. I'd only get good root growth when those cubes were almost dry to totally dry. Which is really hard to manage when dwc'ing

Anyway, would love to hear your readygro stories, comments, whatever.

Thanks
Peace
What's up everybody.

I'm getting myself out of a year long Dwc nightmare. I'm done constantly battling micro organisms that love to munch on roots. Yes I did the Heisenberg tea. It did help me rid my plants of root slime, but only during the winter. Once air temps went up the tea wouldn't cut it anymore. It was constant sterilizing buckets, root drenching in h2o2, reinniculating with bennies....over and over and over for nathen, nada!
(My winter harvest were amazing, Dwc can be awesome but it can also be a bitch. Keep it small if you are
Leaning that way)

Anyway, that was the past (like 3 days ago lol)
I removed my plants from there Dwc buckets and tossed them into 1 gal pots of readygro aeration. So far so good. And now I have a shit load more space in my grow room lol.

Anyway I had 6 newly rooted clones and like 16 Dwc transplants. All the root systems were super weak so I am treating them all like new clones.

I watered with fresh ro ph'd water the First day, with tea, I always use tea. The second day I watered with really light (300 ppm) dyna grow veg. Good one part btw.
I have all my 1 gal pots in a 3x3 flood table. So I flooded the second day. And now I'm flooding every 1.5 days or so since the medium is staying wet. Even tho the bag says to water 4-6 times a day. We'll get there.

I just wanted to get other peeps perspective on readygro aeration mix.

Do you treat it like soil?
Like coco?
Like hydro?
Drain to waste?
Flood n drain?
Drip?
I'd like to see how everyone else uses this stuff.
Do you use coco nutes?
Do you think they are necessary?
Cal-mag?

I ph at 5.8-6.0
Feed every water recirculating in a flood tray. Using RO water with no cal mg as its in the high N formula from dyna grow. I Plan on flushing every couple weeks. Or during res change.
I'm almost out of my dyna grow high N formula and will be using the rest of my gh 3 part and root excellrator (did not use root exel in Dwc, I know it causes probs) so I'm really just trying to keep it simple.

Another great thing about this mix:
When using rockwool cubes to clone, in Dwc the cubes stay drenched and that caused me problems, but with the aeration mix, it actually pulls water from
The cubes to make it only as wet as the soilless readygro mix. Not sure If that's been a prob for anyone else but that shit would keep my roots from expanding out from the cube properly. I'd only get good root growth when those cubes were almost dry to totally dry. Which is really hard to manage when dwc'ing

Anyway, would love to hear your readygro stories, comments, whatever.

Thanks
Peace
Has any body used chow mix with a flood and drain bucket system like CAP or titan flow n grow and if so did you use a root liners so pumps don't get clogged do to loose particles and how often was watering

T

ThetasOrion3

I can speak to the Aeration Mix, having used it for about 15 cycles now. It works fantastic for me and my other 2 associates who also use it. We used Tupur mix prior, and saw a fair benefit over the Tupur. I have to adamantly disagree with the earlier comment claiming that following the directions of 4-6 waterings will "Fuk" up your grow. While in veg on a 24 hour cycle, I water 6 times per day for 1 minute at a time. It is true that it is virtually impossible to overwater with this medium, as I have made the mistake of dumping an entire 55 gallon reservoir into my plants (by leaving my timer on and forgetting about it) with no perceivable adverse effects. I have attached a picture of my current grow with Blue Magoo in Week 4 of Veg. If you are wondering about the apparent disproportionate dimming on the right side, it is because I am running HPS on one side and MH on the other for a test; it also partly has to do with how the camera is picking up the light.

Veg20170411 173042
visajoe1

visajoe1

Im running the moisture formula (just less perlite 30% vs 55% for aeration) and i dig it. I water 2 times per day right now, later will need to up to 3

P

Pimples

I ran the moisture formula for about 6 years straight. Its solid. Coco..with most any soilless medium...your pot and plant size and room conditions determine how and when you water/feed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom