life of a 1000 watt bulb

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

i just finished up two runs with a couple 1000 watt hortilux bulbs. i was wondering how long you guys are using yours for before you decide to replace them.

these bulbs have never been on for more then 12 hours at a time. my two flower rooms are perpetual and they run 12 hours on/off until they are replaced.

i figured i would just replace them after every three harvests. that would be 6-7 months of use running 12/12.

do any of you replace them based off of light meter readings? i might buy a light meter and then see what the lumens read brand new and replace them after a certain percentage of lumen loss. appreciate the input.

convex

convex

Some say every harvest ... but thats too wasteful for my budget.
Every 12 months suits me, unless I see a real decline in bud growth.

C

cheech

hmm.. me and you must be the only ones running horti's. well.. it looks like between some growers 1 grow and your 6 grows with the bulb i'm about average.

if every grow with a 1000 watt bulb is about 1.5 lbs, which is worth 4500 then i guess i should just replace the bulb every two grows.

if anyone knows that it doesn't effect yield though for a third run please post.

L

Lost

Im a cheap ass but I have been replacing them every 12-18 months. I know thats bad but im poor :)

M

MASSES 420KING

9-12 months depending on bud growth with any hps 400 or better

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
I replace mine every 12 month's.

S

SSHZ

I replace mine every year also......... and I use them in veg and flowering straight thru.

C

cheech

damnnn.. one year. that's way longer then i thought they would last.. sounds good to me though.

C

cheech

i haven't looked, but i'd be interested in buying one and recording the lumen loss over time.

Top Bottom