Light Bleached Seeds

• Thread starter Necromancer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Necromancer

Necromancer

Just wanted to share this with whoever cares. I was finishing a reversal for some pollen so I moved her to a box withwa cfl because I wasn't comfortable with her being "the one". I guess the light was a little to close on some parts of the plant that was not reversed by the sts and light bleached my seeds (they are fully mature). Ive heard this happening to tops of colas but never seeds. So I decided to do some research and found this link that didn't have much to do about specifically what happened to me but changed my mind about seeds that are presumed not viable by color.
http://www.spliffseeds.nl/white-seeds-vs-black-seeds.html

Ina

Ina

How long are you going to keep them dry or something before you try one?Do you store in the fridge first?I think it is not necessary and I just dry them for a few days/weeks.... When you pull them off were they moving,did they turn inside the pistil(not by themselves haha) or they were attached somehow?I'm asking because I also make some beans and I decided to dry them in the "buds"this time with the hole plant or branch until hole thing is really dry....Not to pull them off except if they already falling.So they were colorful and than turned this way?!Or chopped just a little bit green?Really interesting how long is going to take them to germinate and are they really faster than colored seeds like they assume in the link?It is possible,you have to try and share!Yes,looks like the shell of collored seeds is harder but when it is greener looks like it is more...tough.I'm observing this when I crack them by hand.....

Ina

Ina

One more question:)Those seed were on the reversed plant or they were on some other plant?

Necromancer

Necromancer

How long are you going to keep them dry or something before you try one?Do you store in the fridge first?I think it is not necessary and I just dry them for a few days/weeks.... When you pull them off were they moving,did they turn inside the pistil(not by themselves haha) or they were attached somehow?I'm asking because I also make some beans and I decided to dry them in the "buds"this time with the hole plant or branch until hole thing is really dry....Not to pull them off except if they already falling.So they were colorful and than turned this way?!Or chopped just a little bit green?Really interesting how long is going to take them to germinate and are they really faster than colored seeds like they assume in the link?It is possible,you have to try and share!Yes,looks like the shell of collored seeds is harder but when it is greener looks like it is more...tough.I'm observing this when I crack them by hand.....
I'm assuming very quickly by being so close to the cfl ..this seed I seed I have to now discard because I have no room for her germinated inside the caylx.

IMG 20180708 142443936
Necromancer

Necromancer

One more question:)Those seed were on the reversed plant or they were on some other plant?
What happened was that this plant I reversed was not "The one" . The one I had little to no care for was the girl I was looking for and when I found out i had to reveg and the plant I was reversing was too late into the process so I was forced to collect pollen or kill her.

Ina

Ina

I think I have few that looks matured but still lighter,wonder if I chop them to try.But they are just green ,not light bleached.I was also always thinking they should be fully colored.But sometimes when I touch them or when they are rubbed together the color is falling off?!:)Purple Mazar regular(he is the male,they all just sit togheter from the beginning),some reg.Snowrider,GGauto fem and some Champagne fem which was for free,all autos because I needed some faster seeds for the next outdoor.

Ina

Ina

What happened was that this plant I reversed was not "The one" it was one I had little to no care for..and when I found out i had to reveg and the plant I was reversing was too late into the process so I was forced to collect pollen or kill her.
Never reversed,but once I had one too riped female and she pulled few bananas:)

Necromancer

Necromancer

I think I have few that looks matured but still lighter,wonder if I chop them to try.But they are just green ,not light bleached.I was also always thinking they should be fully colored.But sometimes when I touch them or when they are rubbed together the color is falling off?!:)Purple Mazar regular(he is the male,they all just sit togheter from the beginning),some reg.Snowrider,GGauto fem and some Champagne fem which was for free,all autos because I needed some faster seeds for the next outdoor.
What I found best when picking seeds is that they dry better on the tree after chop. When picked off the tree their still a little tender and the skin can peal off leaving a greenish seed.

Reactions: Ina
Necromancer

Necromancer

I've never heard of light bleached seeds, but I am down for the knowledge. Curious how germ rates will be affected and the progeny.
I never heard of it neither but it happened to me. Their fully ripe but white. They look like old seeds from 20 yrs ago but there not I pulled them 2 days ago.

Ina

Ina

I might take ina's advise and throw the one that germed in the caylx in a cup.
I'd like to see that,so fresh,not dried of freeze and what it is going to do ,what gender could it be.....Interesting!Never seen them pop up like that?!

Necromancer

Necromancer

I'd like to see that,so fresh,not dried of freeze and what it is going to do ,what gender could it be.....Interesting!Never seen them pop up like that?!
I just put it in rockwool to finish germination..I have absolutely no room for her so I'm thinking it will be on my windowsill. I'm sure her sex will be female since the mother was a reversed female.

Top Bottom