Light Break Between Veg & Bloom

• Thread starter pauliewalnut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pauliewalnut

pauliewalnut

I've heard a lot of people like to have a 24, 36 hour break between Veg & Bloom, Is this a good idea? What are the benefits? Just why I guess? Sorry if there is already a thread on this & I'd appreciate it if you directed me to it. Thanks.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Lots of guys do lots of things, many of which have no correlation to growing success. This is one of them, IMHO. Just change the timer.

The essential trigger, as far as the plants are concerned, is when the period of darkness exceeds about ten hours. As soon as it hits this length, a hormone is produced that triggers the change. I know of no research that indicates lengthening this period to extreme lengths does anything useful.

Last edited:
pauliewalnut

pauliewalnut

Words to live by. More plants die from love than neglect.
Yeah I get that, you just hear this weird stuff over and over again and it makes you wonder if there is any actual known benefits to it or its just one of those thing people do to over do it, you know?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Yeah I get that, you just hear this weird stuff over and over again and it makes you wonder if there is any actual known benefits to it or its just one of those thing people do to over do it, you know?
Coconut water was the thing last year, or ice on the roots. Lots of BS out there. Usually spouted by folks with less experience. A vanilla program of good lights, easy simple nutes and following the basics yields plenty of poundage and potency. If a guy isn't pulling top yields and quality for the light he has, there is something wrong with basic growing technique. Little tricks like this or any of the other additive bullshit won't change that. At best they can add minor amounts of yield or quality to the basic program. They will always, and logically have to be, constrained by the quality of the basic program.

pauliewalnut

pauliewalnut

So what I'm hearing is don't pay too much attention to all this stuff I've never heard before and just fall back on the basics that I've learned in the past 20+ year of outdoor growing.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

So what I'm hearing is don't pay too much attention to all this stuff I've never heard before and just fall back on the basics that I've learned in the past 20+ year of outdoor growing.
Yup. The principles of farming, that have been followed for a long time, basically apply. If it was any good, Monsanto would already be selling it, LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom