Light Burn Or Calmag?

• Thread starter ShastaStrong
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShastaStrong

ShastaStrong

Hey growers,

Thought I’d hope on here and pick some of your brains on a problem that arose in my garden. I am currently running 70/30 coco perlite mix. Freshly transplanted from clone on Sunday the 9th. the last watering contained 225ppmof CalMag and an EC of 0.7. Water temps were 70 degrees. You will see below the stress on my plant. I am running Fluence Spydrx Plus fixtures at 15% power 4 feet from canopy. Strain is Pineapple Upside Down cake (Pineapple Trainewreck xCookie Monster) and Gelato #33 (second pic)

Now does this look like CalMag def or some light stress?

Light burn or calmag
Light burn or calmag 2
Monster762

Monster762

Hey growers,

Thought I’d hope on here and pick some of your brains on a problem that arose in my garden. I am currently running 70/30 coco perlite mix. Freshly transplanted from clone on Sunday the 9th. the last watering contained 225ppmof CalMag and an EC of 0.7. Water temps were 70 degrees. You will see below the stress on my plant. I am running Fluence Spydrx Plus fixtures at 15% power 4 feet from canopy. Strain is Pineapple Upside Down cake (Pineapple Trainewreck xCookie Monster) and Gelato #33 (second pic)

Keep that wet if it’s coco. Do not let it dry all the way. And what are you feeding. Cause it probably wants food but be light. A little calmag might help but I think it wants some solid nutes at light dose. And it don’t like drying out. And I doubt light burn at 15% and 4 ft away. Might need little more than 15%

Monster762

Monster762

Keep that wet if it’s coco. Do not let it dry all the way. And what are you feeding. Cause it probably wants food but be light. A little calmag might help but I think it wants some solid nutes at light dose. And it don’t like drying out. And I doubt light burn at 15% and 4 ft away. Might need little more than 15%
if it were soil it would have nutrients for a bit but I think pure coco has nothing but what you add to it. That’s only reason I say light light nutes. Mainly I think it’s underwatering. Might have to water couple times a day.

Monster762

Monster762

Hey growers,

When you say transplanted from clone what do you mean exactly. If it’s a clone that’s not rooted yet it’ll throw off those leaves probably and you won’t see upward growth for a week or 2

ShastaStrong

ShastaStrong

Thanks for the info. I had initially thought its time to feed the Mills A&B base nutes. I will be using a Basis A 3-0-1 and Basis B 0-4-3 together. Calls for about 6-8ml per gallon of each. The micromole at this intensity and height is less than 60u (close to a T-5, bit higher). This is my first run in a coco perlite mix (70/30). My "waterings" were all at 190-240ppm and EC 0.7-0.9. Water temp at 68-70. Thinking of upping the calmag to base the "water" at 400ppm? Then Add maybe 100ppm of the A&B? Thoughts?

Just using process of elimination. Thank you for all the insights.

ShastaStrong

ShastaStrong

When you say transplanted from clone what do you mean exactly. If it’s a clone that’s not rooted yet it’ll throw off those leaves probably and you won’t see upward growth for a week or 2
WELL rooted clones in coco. Good 6-7" heights 2-3 nodes per clone.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thanks for the info. I had initially thought its time to feed the Mills A&B base nutes. I will be using a Basis A 3-0-1 and Basis B 0-4-3 together. Calls for about 6-8ml per gallon of each. The micromole at this intensity and height is less than 60u (close to a T-5, bit higher). This is my first run in a coco perlite mix (70/30). My "waterings" were all at 190-240ppm and EC 0.7-0.9. Water temp at 68-70. Thinking of upping the calmag to base the "water" at 400ppm? Then Add maybe 100ppm of the A&B? Thoughts?

Just using process of elimination. Thank you for all the insights.
I’m a little confused. An EC of 0.7-0.9 is not 190-240ppm. An EC of 1.0 is 500 or 700ppm (depending on which scale your meter uses). Let assume it’s 500 since that’s the closes to your numbers. That means that an EC of 0.5 is 250ppm. But you say 0.9 is 240ppm?

An EC of 0.7 should be more than enough for that little plant. But it looks underfed. I agree with @Monster762. I grow in coco and it needs to be fed low EC everyday.

Top Bottom