Light Stress Or Normal?

• Thread starter Chrnic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chrnic

Chrnic

My first Grow and alot of the leaves are very light green with striping at the new growth . Is this light stress a deficiency or normal with rapid growth?

Please help
Thanks

Light stress or normal
Light stress or normal 2
Light stress or normal 3
Light stress or normal 4
madgrower

madgrower

My first Grow and alot of the leaves are very light green with striping at the new growth . Is this light stress a deficiency or normal with rapid growth?

Please help
Thanks
Indoors or outdoors. What's your soil and nutes.

Rcubed

Rcubed

No expert on deficiencies but I'm guessing magnesium deficiency. What's in your soil?

Chrnic

Chrnic

Indoor and organic soil. It got really green when I lowered my 600w LED to 24" so i raised it back to 30" yesterday.

Rcubed

Rcubed

Indoor and organic soil. It got really green when I lowered my 600w LED to 24" so i raised it back to 30" yesterday.
It doesn't look like a light issue to me. What's the soil make up? I see perlite which is great for drainage, but do you know what else is in the soil? All organic soil is not created equal.

madgrower

madgrower

It doesn't look like a light issue to me. What's the soil make up? I see perlite which is great for drainage, but do you know what else is in the soil? All organic soil is not created equal.
I had some like that and it was a mag issue

Chrnic

Chrnic

If magnesium is the issue and you added cal mag watch the new growth. If it looks good then that was the issue

If it is magnesium. I thought Mag was Mobile, so it should be on the lower leaves right? Again im new to this so still learning. Thanks for helping.

Rcubed

Rcubed

If it is magnesium. I thought Mag was Mobile, so it should be on the lower leaves right? Again im new to this so still learning. Thanks for helping.
? Yeah you might be right. What's the ph of your water?

Rcubed

Rcubed

PH of the ingoing water is 6.5. I haven't yet watered so much that there is runoff so im not sure of that ph. Its end of week 1 veg today.
I don't know then. I'm kinda stumped because it seems like you got all your ducks in a row. I was guessing some kind of lock out, but if your ph is 6.5 that's probably not it. All the components in your soil seem good. I have similar components in my soil except I have some rock dust in mine. I've had light burn on my plants and it just doesn't look like what you have. I'll tell you what I'd do. I'd add a little fish fertilizer and see if that doesn't help you. That stuff works wonders for me when my plants look a little funky. It's kinda my go to when my girls need a little boost. I use the Alaska brand that you can get just about everywhere. If that doesn't work maybe someone else around here can help you a little better than me. Good luck, I'll keep watching.

Last edited:
Chrnic

Chrnic

I don't know then. I'm kinda stumped because it seems like you got all your ducks in a row. I was guessing some kind of lock out, but if your ph is 6.5 that's probably not it. All the components in your soil seem good. I have similar components in my soil except I have some rock dust in mine. I've had light burn on my plants and it just doesn't look like what you have. I'll tell you what I'd do. I'd add a little fish fertilizer and see if that doesn't help you. That stuff works wonders for me when my plants look a little funky. It's kinda my go to when my girls need a little boost. I use the Alaska brand that you can get just about everywhere. If that doesn't work maybe someone else around here can help you a little better than me. Good luck, I'll keep watching.

I'll take a look at that fish fertilizer. Thanks again for your help!

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I think mad grower may be right, I use fish emulsion when my plants look depressed works wonders, it does not look like light bleach, may b I would add a bit of calcium, but that's me. SNOLEPERD

Latest posts

Top Bottom