Lights....omg The Lights

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I have been thinking about my lights. I am currently vegging a 4 x 4 with a 315 CMH with a 4200 bulb. I think that part will go great.

When we hit flower I wanted to supplement that light with one of my other lights but i was thinking...

I have a 315 CMH (9 square feet) and a 200 watt vero 2VL (5 square feet) and a QB 135 (4 to 6 square feet).

This run i will probably do the 315 and the QB to keep the heat down but....

Would the 200 watt vero and the 135 do the same as the 315 but cover more area ? I think it might. Then I think i might need one of those single cobs just to cover a spot and it will be complete. Like that timber chibi. That is the question

When I move I will run 2 tents. I will sell my 5 square foot one and get a 3 x 3 to go with my 4 x 4.

I realized when i was taking inventory of my hoard of stuff that I have 3 complete fan and scrubber kits (2 that are 6 inch and 1 that is 4) and all that i would ever need to have a veg/dry tent and 2 flower tents. The only investment i might have to make is a chibi or a qb 135 to finish out the space in my 4 x 4 and run the 315 in a 3 x 3.

Sorry for the rambling. I found some of that white rhino in a jar i hid on myself. Stellar pain relief with a side of really narcotic.

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have been thinking about my lights. I am currently vegging a 4 x 4 with a 315 CMH with a 4200 bulb. I think that part will go great.

When we hit flower I wanted to supplement that light with one of my other lights but i was thinking...

I have a 315 CMH (9 square feet) and a 200 watt vero 2VL (5 square feet) and a QB 135 (4 to 6 square feet).

This run i will probably do the 315 and the QB to keep the heat down but....

Would the 200 watt vero and the 135 do the same as the 315 but cover more area ? I think it might. Then I think i might need one of those single cobs just to cover a spot and it will be complete. Like that timber chibi. That is the question

When I move I will run 2 tents. I will sell my 5 square foot one and get a 3 x 3 to go with my 4 x 4.

I realized when i was taking inventory of my hoard of stuff that I have 3 complete fan and scrubber kits (2 that are 6 inch and 1 that is 4) and all that i would ever need to have a veg/dry tent and 2 flower tents. The only investment i might have to make is a chibi or a qb 135 to finish out the space in my 4 x 4 and run the 315 in a 3 x 3.

Sorry for the rambling. I found some of that white rhino in a jar i hid on myself. Stellar pain relief with a side of really narcotic.
sounds like a mess you dealing with,im same here,i just wont one damn light to cover my 2x4x5 tent that wont cost me my left nut,quantums are great i hear,better be for the price they ask,what i really wont is these triple digits to go away were i can put my 400 hid back in tent,got 2 of the 300 watt led,aint good for shit,what just blows my mind is the sales gimmicks of these lights,advertise 1000 watt led ,true watt 300,i been looking and the more i look i just want to throw the all time dependable light back in,cant beat HID lighting hands down,no gimmicks for a stoner to have to think about,plug and play hahahah,good luck figuring it all out,when you do,sure wont be stoned no more,lmao

gwheels

gwheels

Upload 2018 8 13 12 19 58

This is the new plan for the 4 x 4. Each square is a 1 x 1 space. The 315 will cover the 9 square feet ish the vero the right side and the qb on the front. I will adjust the wattage on the vero and QB to get to about 500 watts total (killowatt checked) when i get to flower.

I will see how this goes. :D And cost is zero i have everything already. What a game changer lol

gwheels

gwheels

sounds like a mess you dealing with,im same here,i just wont one damn light to cover my 2x4x5 tent that wont cost me my left nut,quantums are great i hear,better be for the price they ask,what i really wont is these triple digits to go away were i can put my 400 hid back in tent,got 2 of the 300 watt led,aint good for shit,what just blows my mind is the sales gimmicks of these lights,advertise 1000 watt led ,true watt 300,i been looking and the more i look i just want to throw the all time dependable light back in,cant beat HID lighting hands down,no gimmicks for a stoner to have to think about,plug and play hahahah,good luck figuring it all out,when you do,sure wont be stoned no more,lmao

Cobs and QB are worth it for LED. Top shelf performers and no maintenance to speak of. 50k to 100k lights without a bulb change.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Cobs and QB are worth it for LED. Top shelf performers and no maintenance to speak of. 50k to 100k lights without a bulb change.
i cant wrap my head around the misleading advertising if you dig,age has a way of screwing with your mind and i have plenty of issues there hahaha,so when they advertise 1000 watts being just that i will get one,not until,i already got HID,LED,T5HO,cfls,all have there place,but these china made bitchs aint worth throwing them on the ground,to get a eqivalent of 600 watts in my tent,who the hell knows what kind led ,cob,light i would need,difrent story from each manufacturer ,i dont grow big ops all i grow is for me,so wasting money on the next best thing dont really apeal to me if you dig,cant wait for cooler weather and get my HID lighting back in there,lol made 2 runs and into another run with the led lights,im use them for side lighting

gwheels

gwheels

Well cobs and QB do not do that weird wattage bullshit. They show the actual wattage. If you start at 30 watts a foot you should be ok (270 to 300 watts of cob/quantum for a 3 x 3 or 500 watts or so for a 4 x 4).

I dont grow big either but i try and max out what i can grow in my tents. This round is just the 4 x 4 and my 1 x 3 will be a dryer. Next round I will run 2 big tents with 2 plants in each. I am going to kick the 4 plant limit right in the ballsack.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Well cobs and QB do not do that weird wattage bullshit. They show the actual wattage. If you start at 30 watts a foot you should be ok (270 to 300 watts of cob/quantum for a 3 x 3 or 500 watts or so for a 4 x 4).

I dont grow big either but i try and max out what i can grow in my tents. This round is just the 4 x 4 and my 1 x 3 will be a dryer. Next round I will run 2 big tents with 2 plants in each. I am going to kick the 4 plant limit right in the ballsack.
ya i figured 240,but also know me,im liable to stick more plants in the bitch,hahahh i was thinking max of 600 in the tent,that way i can go up or down same with the HID light,im thinking dumbass here,so a switch on a quantum were i could go higher or lower watts,because of height ,damn thing aint very tall but all i got to work with hahaha,but also be idiot proof more or less,because i forget shit,like what i just did hsahahh right before flipping i was doing the under growth thing ,main limb with 2 tops on it back of sissors,stoned and clip,well cloned it,took 7 days,nice fish bone roots into the soil it goes after some rooting powder,transplant and water in with fresh rain water,went in the house for a min,2 hrs later i come out and ooh shit hits me,that poor bitch done melted like wax,hahahha brought inside and got a small led over her,well i just emptied the cup hahaha,SO IDIOT PROOF YOU DIG hahahah

gwheels

gwheels

Well I ended up getting a 238 watt strip light to go with my hoard. I will run 2 tents or a bigger room at my next residence.

And when it arrives i will park the 315 until i move. Or maybe sell it.

The tent will be
238 watts of quantum strips in a fixture (4k)
135 watts of quantum board in a fixture (4K)
200 watts of vero in a 2vl (3.5 k)
Total 573 watts to be dialed in as needed for heat and coverage. That is almost 36 watts per foot.

The 315 bulb bothers me. The 4k one i have got really lose at the socket end when i took it out of the fixture. I hate changing weird bulbs.

4kspec
Top Bottom