Little Advice

• Thread starter Trichceratop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trichceratop

Trichceratop

Rather then asking for a straight up handout on advice,here's what I've come up with through reserach and just asking for some a nudge in the right direction or ideas

So basically space constraints blah blah I'm sending up in a 2x4x6 tent

I plan on using LEDs the foot prints on the hlg 260xl seem to match the situation I'm in if all this convoluted led info I've tried to piece together has stuck in my grey matter

I was thinking a 4 " inch fan running that slinky looking duct work ( seems like folks like the AC infinity cloud line or something similar ) mated to a 4 inch scrubber I'll probably run outside to save head room
I was thinking 3-4 clip.on fans 1 on the heat sink on on the under canopy one a bit higher and then add the other as needed

As this is setup I won't go wild into my other plans just rockwool megacrop for now , I was thinking one to two plants definitely think I would need some last/ topping or possibly a scrog setup if I went photo strains or one two autos

Any critique advice changes or monkey wrenches you notice I'd be much obliged !

P

PassTheJ

I have multiple 2x4s.. My favorite setup so far is a T5 4ft 8bulb light for vegging. It's a perfect fit. 40k lumens of white light in a 2x4 is more then enough.. The light takes up 95% of the area space. Its literally perfect at 250 watt from the wall.

When it comes to flower, as much as quality photons benefits more then the amount of photons per sq foot, it doesn't even come close when you compare your fancy light at 150 watt out the wall of delicious quality to let's say a 1200 watt burple with 600 watt out the wall.

At 200+ watts per sq foot of burple, you're getting rock solid results. Compared to 70 watts per sq ft of great quality light.

I used to rock a marshydro 1200 in a 2x4 and it was amazing.. in the end, the better quality nug you might get from some fancy cobs wont beat the yield and quality youll get from running a powerful burple..

Again, this is comparing 150 watts vs 600 watts out the wall in a 2x4. If the difference is like 150 vs 300. I'd take the fancy 150 over the burple 300 any day but if you're willing to take a hit on electric, fuck that, power house that shit with massive photons..

MissBotany

MissBotany

I love my LEDs and they only raised my electric bill about $10 per month. I have my fan and scrubber set up outside my tent. When I do run the inline fan and scrubber, I vent right into our basement because the temperature of the LEDs is so low. The only thing I didn't anticipate that I would need is a humidifier. So maybe buy one if your grow area is very dry.

Trichceratop

Trichceratop

You mind if I ask which LEDs you are running for what size space ? I've gathered the 260xl seems strong enough to produce enough light for 2x4 with 2 plants trained , just a matter of is stuff like the hlg fixtures worth the jump ?

MissBotany

MissBotany

I bought Galaxyhydro 600w full spectrum LEDs. It’s supposed to be equivalent to 600 HID. Just make sure your LEDs are the right distance from the plants. Each brand as their own guidelines. I just switched to 12/12 schedule so we’ll see how they perform for flowering. Oh and it’s a 36”x36”x72” tent

DGP

DGP

Stick with HLG panels, don't do the Chinese junk blurple light's. Any of the quantum boards are good just get the color temp you need and put the driver outside the tent so it doesnt add heat. Even Amazon sells 4 panel sets for $124. I just built a 6 panel one for about $250 total cost, ready to hang, no soldering...simple and easy.

4 panel one should be about $200.

Dee

Latest posts

Top Bottom