Living Organic Soil - Water Only Inputs

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Ahhh :facepalm:

Right...thus my question. I typically soaked my plugs in a low strength solution of rooting nutrient (in the past I used rhizotonic) and I think that may be the simple solution to my question. But it’s always worth the inquiry.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Awesome, thanks.
Also, willow water is another option, i read. Combined with aloe vera is supposed to be even better.
Willow water is an homemade rooting compound made from willow branches. It naturally contains IBA and salicylic acid. Chopped and soaked in water. Strain and use the water.
Haven’t done it yet as i haven’t had the chance to harvest some willow shoots and i am not cloning at the moment but i will.

Organikz

Organikz

Aloe is a miracle. It can be used for rooting gel, shaving gel, face wash, everything!
I have a question if you don't mind sharing... I cannot remember if you're in a legal state or not but what's your veg and clone methods? Do you just go from clone to final in the same bed?

My thoughts are getting some fertilpots for cuttings, and once the roots have reached out planting them in my 15g containers.

I'm only 3 cycles in and I really would love to have a small perpetual grow theres just so many options I can take. Any advice is appreciated :)
I cant really move my container around so I gave up on perpetual. I usually knock down enough bud so it's not a problem for me. You would do it just the same as any perpetual but you have to haul 20 gallon pots around. It may pose a challenge because of the pot sizes but it can be done. That may be something you will have to feel out. I get starts going about 3 weeks before my next cycle. I use solo cups once I see roots start poking out of the bottom I plug them into the bed. I know that's not a very helpful response but I gave up on the perpetual idea. I get close to a pound and a half per cycle. Plenty for my brain stash.

Organikz

Organikz

A guy
I'd live to hear ur thoughts on the Malawi X Panama cross the boys in Spain are offering up.........id love to have a great daytime puff here east coast wise, where I live is catered to rich college kids and their parents money......so lots of kush being pushed lol..........I prefer varietals that encourage growth and creativity, couch lock is a very special smoke for very special times IMHO. Hoping to try Malawi or Malawi hybrid but after seeing ur Kandahar .......idk man.....I truly love ur boxes btw............reminds me of natural therapies recipe he offered many moons ago here! Goodstuff all around
The only company I would recommend for serious Malawi is Ace Seeds. I've heard about lots of problems with Greenhouse.

Madmax

Madmax

What about FAS fulvic acid supplement..says on my bottle can b used as a rooting hormone..

Organikz

Organikz

Pretty stoked to have acquired this cultivar. Maybe 4 people have it. Browndirt Warriors Pakistani HP/Chocolate Thai. That bud is seeded up! This pic is post breaking up. I broke it down and grabbed seeds as soon as I figured it out. It has been confirmed this is from a normal pollination. Not a hermie pollen.

20181004 193149
Organikz

Organikz

Fair enough. We will give it a go and see what's happening!
Yah man. It's always worth a look. I can get that. I know some people are anal as hell. Don't have room to sort through stuff. I base my recommendation off of that thinking. I will run anything because I have plenty of backup stash. I can lose an entire crop 1 week from harvest and it wont hurt me. I dont sell anything so that's an advantage.

F

FutureGrower

Aloe is a miracle. It can be used for rooting gel, shaving gel, face wash, everything!

I cant really move my container around so I gave up on perpetual. I usually knock down enough bud so it's not a problem for me. You would do it just the same as any perpetual but you have to haul 20 gallon pots around. It may pose a challenge because of the pot sizes but it can be done. That may be something you will have to feel out. I get starts going about 3 weeks before my next cycle. I use solo cups once I see roots start poking out of the bottom I plug them into the bed. I know that's not a very helpful response but I gave up on the perpetual idea. I get close to a pound and a half per cycle. Plenty for my brain stash.

Ah ok I didn't know of you were doing perpetual or not. I have the space for 2 2'x4' beds I was kinda just thinking of I staggered the grows enough it would be close enough to perpetual... looking for stuff down the line, every cycle I've improved and changed so I'm always looking for easier methods :)

Thank you for the reply, and it did help actually :)

Madmax

Madmax

What is your ph of soil bud..just checked mine today .it got to 19 deg cel and the holes ive dug dropped from 6.6 to 6.3...just interested in ph range you use..

Cheers max

Last edited:
F

FutureGrower

So, this thread needs way more action! You guys probably don't understand but this guy honestly knows his shit, and in my experience he's open and honest about what he doesn't know as well.

@Organikz how hard was it dialing in your current setup, and how much media (cu ft) is in the container? I have been considering doing a bed for awhile but I really haven't considered a fabric one, it has to breathe better.

Any downsides to the fabric, like does it have a shorter shelf life then smaller fabric pots?

Organikz

Organikz

So, this thread needs way more action! You guys probably don't understand but this guy honestly knows his shit, and in my experience he's open and honest about what he doesn't know as well.

@Organikz how hard was it dialing in your current setup, and how much media (cu ft) is in the container? I have been considering doing a bed for awhile but I really haven't considered a fabric one, it has to breathe better.

Any downsides to the fabric, like does it have a shorter shelf life then smaller fabric pots?
No harder to dial than any other setup. Possibly easier with blumats. 200g of soil. Grassroots makes a good raised bed. This is a geoplanter. They're pretty damn sturdy. Thanks for the kind words. I have checked in on your grow and its rocking. No one can consider themselves master. I'm far from it. I'm learning even more right now from one of the original LOS guys. Gascanastan from icmag.

Top Bottom