Local Hemp Varieties?

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

I grew up along the Winooski River in Vermont and as a kid, we would sneak down into the old hemp fields near Essex/S.Burlington, thinking we were pretty cool with cola buds filled with thousands of kernels.

This got me thinking however, about the reality of lost hemp varieties from before the 1930's. I have heard rumors of hemp varieties growing everywhere along roadsides in the midwest and also of lost varieties of Kentucky hemp that blew the European varieties away in terms of production.

Has anyone saved any of these varieties? They may be more than valuable in a few years.
Anyone know of any old hemp stands from yesterdays past?

xavier7995

xavier7995

I grew up in the Midwest and there were a few places with fields of it. Every kid tried it out, we all found it disappointing. I would assume they are still around...but it was like 25 years ago so who knows. Was cool to see fields, just sucked once you realized you would have to smoke the whole field to catch a buzz.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I believe that hemp varieties are an untapped market that will one day open like a floodgate and someone would be wise to start collecting some of these varieties before the huge conglomerates do.

Top Bottom