Logistics Of A Small Timer Moving To Colorado?

• Thread starter cccmints
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cccmints

I've lived in a state with harsh penalties on cultivating cannabis for 13 years. I'm willing to take risks, but want to minimize risk and learn what that risk is before making the move. From what I've read, small time growers in Colorado don't see trouble so long as they stay private and take the necessary precautions.

I plan to run 7,500 watts of LED and approximately 7,000-8,000 watts of equipment in the basement of a 2,000-3,000 sq. ft. home. That draw would of-course never be maxed out with much of the equipment running >50% of time time (De-humidifier, Humidifier, etc). I'm looking to do 10 plants simply to minimize penalty if caught, but maybe I'm being too cautious.

My questions consist of a few things: Penalties if caught as a non-resident with no card? Would I be drawing too much power? Would more than 10 plants be a non-issue? Good areas to live? Budget is $250k for the house.

If I need to provide more information I'd be happy to. I've always wanted to live in Colorado regardless of the weed laws (even though that's very attractive) and would only have to be illegal for a year so that's factored into my decision making process.

Thanks in advance for any input. I hope to join y'all some time next year.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Popcorn gifdream of jeanniebarbara eden

Freshone

Freshone

Coloradans get a little butturt when folks move there to grow,lol,they hate competition.
Personally I think you could move anywhere you want that fits your budget and grow 10-12 easily with no repercussions if you just keep your head down and use common sense.Fuck a bunch of having to live there a year first or having a card.

Know the rules well so you can break them effectively-Dalai Lama

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I've lived in a state with harsh penalties on cultivating cannabis for 13 years. I'm willing to take risks, but want to minimize risk and learn what that risk is before making the move. From what I've read, small time growers in Colorado don't see trouble so long as they stay private and take the necessary precautions.

I plan to run 7,500 watts of LED and approximately 7,000-8,000 watts of equipment in the basement of a 2,000-3,000 sq. ft. home. That draw would of-course never be maxed out with much of the equipment running >50% of time time (De-humidifier, Humidifier, etc). I'm looking to do 10 plants simply to minimize penalty if caught, but maybe I'm being too cautious.

My questions consist of a few things: Penalties if caught as a non-resident with no card? Would I be drawing too much power? Would more than 10 plants be a non-issue? Good areas to live? Budget is $250k for the house.

If I need to provide more information I'd be happy to. I've always wanted to live in Colorado regardless of the weed laws (even though that's very attractive) and would only have to be illegal for a year so that's factored into my decision making process.

Thanks in advance for any input. I hope to join y'all some time next year.
If you are selling in state, good luck competing with craigslist crap.

If you are looking to move to colorado to make money via herb, you need a new plan. If you are looking to grow your own with a bit of overage, you'll probably be fine. I would suggest ensuring that pot isn't part of your main source of income unless you want to get your badge or register as a caregiver and bend over for the mmed.

I think your trouble will lie with making money to pay the bills, not trouble with the cops. From your posts you won't be worth more than a knock and talk, if it even comes to that, which it shouldn't assuming you have grown under the radar as long as you have. Being able to grow legally doesn't mean anything if you can't pay your bills. I don't mean to sound like your dad. Good luck.

C

cccmints

If you are looking to move to colorado to make money via herb, you need a new plan. If you are looking to grow your own with a bit of overage, you'll probably be fine. I would suggest ensuring that pot isn't part of your main source of income unless you want to get your badge or register as a caregiver and bend over for the mmed.

I think your trouble will lie with making money to pay the bills, not trouble with the cops. From your posts you won't be worth more than a knock and talk, if it even comes to that, which it shouldn't assuming you have grown under the radar as long as you have. Being able to grow legally doesn't mean anything if you can't pay your bills. I don't mean to sound like your dad. Good luck.
I'm not trying to sell in Colorado. All I do is grow and 1 person I've known for over a decade picks it all up then I grow some more. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

xavier7995

xavier7995

250k will not get you much in the way of housing in the Denver metro. There are some pretty nice places up in the mountains in that price range, not much in the way of traditional jobs up there though. The eastern portion of the state is cheap, but it's kind of West Kansas and not somewhere that I would think of as appealing to live, but it suits some people fine.

Your power use and such shouldn't cause many issues. The busts that occur are mostly on large sized ops, not dudes running single basements. Just keep growing like it's illegal and it won't become an issue.

D

Dnkcommander

Coloradans get a little butturt when folks move there to grow,lol,they hate competition.
Personally I think you could move anywhere you want that fits your budget and grow 10-12 easily with no repercussions if you just keep your head down and use common sense.Fuck a bunch of having to live there a year first or having a card.

Know the rules well so you can break them effectively-Dalai Lama
Are you from colorado? I sont think we have an issue with competition . we have an issue with all the trafic and California ass hats who act like animals and destroy our beautiful home all while making our rents skyrocket

C

cccmints

250k will not get you much in the way of housing in the Denver metro. There are some pretty nice places up in the mountains in that price range, not much in the way of traditional jobs up there though. The eastern portion of the state is cheap, but it's kind of West Kansas and not somewhere that I would think of as appealing to live, but it suits some people fine.

Your power use and such shouldn't cause many issues. The busts that occur are mostly on large sized ops, not dudes running single basements. Just keep growing like it's illegal and it won't become an issue.
I actually thought the same thing. Turns out I can get something very nice in my price range, really close to Denver too. I'd be shocked if there weren't jobs out where I'm looking, but then again I really only need a job for like >6 months.

Knock on wood! I've been at it for over 40 years in a non friendly state.
That is nothing short of epic...

Freshone

Freshone

Are you from colorado? I sont think we have an issue with competition . we have an issue with all the trafic and California ass hats who act like animals and destroy our beautiful home all while making our rents skyrocket
Blame it all on california,were use to it,lol.
You should get used to it too as were sending our best and brightest daily to calirado,land of opportunity!
My buddy owns a Uhaul franchise and he says everyones renting one way to colorado,Uhaul actually has to send drivers to bring the trucks back there are so many!
If you dont care for skyrocketing rents i suggest you save enough coin to buy a home or a californian will move in next door and buy 3 or 4 just to double the rent and watch the locals squirm!
Sorry dikcommander but you all should have thought about the repercussions before you pulled the trigger on legalization,blaming your current problems on any one person, group or state is rediculous,the same thing your bitching about has been happening in cali for well over 20 years.The only rental in my neighborhood is a family from the denver area who trash everything and their kid even went to prison for burglarizing a neighbor but i dont blame all coloradans,anyone can be a piece of shit,they dont recognize state boudaries.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Blame it all on california,were use to it,lol.
You should get used to it too as were sending our best and brightest daily to calirado,land of opportunity!
My buddy owns a Uhaul franchise and he says everyones renting one way to colorado,Uhaul actually has to send drivers to bring the trucks back there are so many!
If you dont care for skyrocketing rents i suggest you save enough coin to buy a home or a californian will move in next door and buy 3 or 4 just to double the rent and watch the locals squirm!
Sorry dikcommander but you all should have thought about the repercussions before you pulled the trigger on legalization,blaming your current problems on any one person, group or state is rediculous,the same thing your bitching about has been happening in cali for well over 20 years.The only rental in my neighborhood is a family from the denver area who trash everything and their kid even went to prison for burglarizing a neighbor but i dont blame all coloradans,anyone can be a piece of shit,they dont recognize state boudaries.
I don't think that the med/rec scenes are easily comparable with respect to laws/rules/regs/taxes/regulatory schemes etc.

Your state is very friendly to outdoor producers, ours is not. Your state is not quite as strict with enforcement or rules regarding pesticide use and testing outsources meds. Our state protects our patients under our state's constitution, your state offers no such protections and your ass could be on the line with a change of legislation. Not really better or worse, but different. And by that, of course colorado is better.

Y'all sell any mountains lately?

Last edited:
The Big Man

The Big Man

Craigslist is filled with African scammers.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Craigslist is filled with African scammers.
lol maybe @SpiderK could provide some additional info on african scammers on craigslist and how they're related to the chemtrails which affect the solunar wind farms on jupiter and uranus conspiracy that obviously nobody is talking about because the government puts mind control juice in the water. It's why kim kardashian runs the nightwatch at the gin club on old smith road.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

What did this thread turn into lol.
I thought spider was going to post a proper plan to mitigate the risks, and actually get some information to the people. Probably knows him some shit, his posting subject matter is vast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom