• Start date
  • Tagged users None
doublejj

doublejj

the road to greenhouse #2....
Greenhouse update 5 14 2015 019

DrFever

DrFever

We were really lucky & our neighbor allowed us to live at his place right next door for 2 months & loaned us his bobcat to use all we wanted. That's one hell of a neighbor. It would have impossible without the help....

View attachment 529841
lol what till you see some buds missing this fall lol and a smiling neighbor everytime you see him :) so how much land you get ???

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

you have an awesome setups doublejj! love every bit of it. them are some giants already! thanks for showing, and thanks for your service :)

str8smokn

str8smokn

Looking great my man,so you all are the JONES'S I've been trying to be like. Very nice I cannot wait until that freedom comes down here!
STR8

doublejj

doublejj

lol what till you see some buds missing this fall lol and a smiling neighbor everytime you see him :) so how much land you get ???
20 acres on a 1 year interest only loan, 100% due in 1 year...
Our neighbor owns 5 pot farms, Lone Oak is next to 1 of them. He buy's property & sets up complete grows (wells, greenhouses, power ect) & then share crops with 1 of his friends. He lives in town & doesn't actually grow. His 'split' last year from the 5 farms was #700lbs....:cool:

DrFever

DrFever

I am also surprised you didn't make catch basin for any runoff like they made us do this is why we went concrete for base..
like building a building foundation more or less we used rubber membrane on inside of base and road crush 1/4" fill permanent buildings but again had to abid by all necessary codes etc etc .. they like making companies spend money
i like your set up here is a idea pending on the amount of rain you get you could make a pond where you got your water storage for plants ,,
or you could make some sort of eastrough set up on lower ends of green house catching train water that comes off canvas dig on a hole and have couple thousand gallon tanks where it would go into ,, or a barrel and have it set up like septic tank where once it hits a certain level a pump kicks in pumping water into storage tank this way you have ample free water rather then paying for it
Believe it or not water is expensive
PS we opted for a pond as there was live spring water so made 2 ponds one below the other about 1/2 acre away set up by literally plunger type toilet valve lol where eventually we added trout on lower half we got gold fish nothing like growing and also harvesting some trout when ever you feel like fish for supper

Last edited:
DrFever

DrFever

man oh man i need to get a hold of land owner who is doing this shit i buy 40 acres 2 of them side by side cash and set up one base camp right in the middle pick up some used oil rig base camps for cheap give employee shares show up couple times a year would be a good gig but again who knows one would have to really come up with a business plan and have trusted employees or least one that would manage it

doublejj

doublejj

The crew was getting cabin fever from being stuck out there so a couple of weeks ago I chartered a salmon fishing boat out of Berkeley & treated the neighbor & his crews & ours to a fishing trip. Had a great time, caught lots of King salmon....Hella day off the farm

Salmon 6 12 2015 033

Salmon 6 12 2015 029

doublejj

doublejj

man oh man i need to get a hold of land owner who is doing this shit i buy 40 acres 2 of them side by side cash and set up one base camp right in the middle pick up some used oil rig base camps for cheap give employee shares show up couple times a year would be a good gig but again who knows one would have to really come up with a business plan and have trusted employees or least one that would manage it
everything is cash up front....

doublejj

doublejj

I'm in charge of Farm Security...
I served 1 tour in Vietnam with the US Army 9th infantry division....

doublejj

doublejj

Worlds longest Light Dep cover pivot arm. Custom made 19'. We never really had a chance to use it this spring, but it takes 2men & a boy to cover the greenhouse, not as easy as we thought. It's still a work in process...:rolleyes:
Greenhouse update 5 14 2015 113

Latest posts

Top Bottom