Looking for 420 Friendly housing in Colorado Springs

• Thread starter Jeremy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jeremy

Hello everyone! This is actually my first to the forum, so ah.... SUPER hello! I found this site while trying to find marijuana-friendly housing online.

My fiancee, my brother, and I are relocating to Colorado Springs within the next 30 days and have been struggling to find rentals at all, let alone ones that might be "illuminated". We are in need of two bedrooms and two full bathrooms. We have two small dogs and my disabled brother, who smokes quite heavily due to CVS. My fiance is moving to accept a promotion from her company, so she has work lined up. I'm in the process of earning a bachelors degree in IT, but have about eight months left before I'm through.

For proximity to her work we are primarily looking north Woodman, but lack of availability is looking like it might compromise that requirement. I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right area.

Thanks!

Jeremy

ttystikk

ttystikk

Jeremy, nice to see you in the community. No doubt you've heard of the Waldo Canyon fire, so finding anything available in the Colorado Springs area is likely to be a challenge right now, MMJ friendly or not. I wish you the best of luck, and keep us informed as to your progress?

ttystikk

ttystikk

All of the developed parts were fine. Lost large parts of the canyon and some other areas near Cave of the Winds/Cliff Dwellings, but it didn't touch the town.

Good news, albeit small comfort to all those who knew and loved the Wild West Ranch. Many of the places I've cherished since I was a child are also scarred by the High Park Fire. I feel for all those affected by these disasters, and I hope for a full and speedy recovery for all of them.

With hope, however, comes a healthy dose of skepticism that things really will get back to normal anytime soon. How long has it been since Katrina drowned the Big Easy, and they're still nowhere near rebuilt?

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I just leased a property seems to be slim pickings in Colorado this time of year. Also 420 friendly I haven't found since I have been here. you should look for a property that isn't managed by a company most will be up your ass. Colorado Springs seemed to have more and better rentals than Denver. Shit just trying to find a place that allows smoking at a property was a problem for me even when I told them my wife smokes outside. The only 420 friendly places I have seen were horrible in bad neighborhoods. Good Luck

K

kolah

As I see what it costs to rent it may be a better option to buy. A rinky-dink apartment costs an 700-800 smackers. A "normal" size home to rent is a grand or more per month.

Also take note that the Col Springs PIGS are complete nazified assholes. You'd find cheaper places on the outskirts of the city.

sedate

sedate

jeremy said:
My fiancee, my brother, and I are relocating to Colorado Springs within the next 30 days and have been struggling to find rentals at all, let alone ones that might be "illuminated". We are in need of two bedrooms and two full bathrooms. We have two small dogs and my disabled brother, who smokes quite heavily due to CVS. My fiance is moving to accept a promotion from her company, so she has work lined up. I'm in the process of earning a bachelors degree in IT, but have about eight months left before I'm through.

For proximity to her work we are primarily looking north Woodman, but lack of availability is looking like it might compromise that requirement. I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right area.

Aside from the fires mentioned in the above posts, I can tell you from experience and from seeing story after story here on the Farm that there really are NO landlords that are MMJ friendly. What-ever-the-fuck they say up front.

In particular I hear about people getting the clear ahead of time and then the landlord cashing the deposit and rent and then saying "no fucking way dude" - explaining it away by saying they talked to their lawyer about it or something.

A couple of other points - legally speaking - you have a certain legal obligation to maintain a rented property - a drug lab isn't doing that - a landlord could easily cash your deposit/rent, bring police by 3 weeks later talking about a marijuana grow this or that (ESPECIALLY in El Paso/CO Springs) - and you have exactly one extra clone or 1g over 2oz and the landlord could, without court review, retake control of the property, keep all your money, remove your belongings and bill you for the privilege while you sit in jail on a felony cultivation charge.

Bottom line jeremy: If you want to grow privately in Colorado - you best own the property. Believe that.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

^^^^

very true. even if the landlord is down like a clown he still cares about his property more. not saying a medical is such, but 98% of people with a red card abuse and try and pay the rent with that shit. nobody is a dummy.

i rent a townhome here in denver, maybe its the county or where im at, but i feel comfortable... have for awhile.

you gotta find the right deal. I found a place on craigslist that the owner was renting out, and he lives in chicago.

as long as rent is on time and i mow the grass, i never even have to deal with him. find something like that,

but mostly - Fuck a rental agency. you need to get something that lets you print out your own lease, or in other words, make sure that cultivation disclaimer they make you sign, is nowhere in sight. it helps trust me.

CR

sky high

sky high

Silly spammer...

There is no grey area yet to be defined. Amendment 64 clearly states that every property owner in CO has the right to prohibit MJ use on their property if they so choose.

As far as marijuana in public...that is also stated as a specific no-no under A64.

And hey..there is no God. At least not like yer thinkin'....

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

You aren't going to find any MMJ friendly rentals in Colo Spgs. Theres nothing friendly about this town. Cops are, as stated above, Nazi assholes. They pretty much make up rules on the fly and the courts here back them up. Worse is the crime! Lots of gangbangers and burglars and armed robbers. Car thefts are off the charts. I could go on and on. Move to Douglas County and deal with the commute. Better avoid Castle Rock as well but thats a whole different story.

Red Stripe

Red Stripe

hey muir what is the amount of time given if an inspection of a rental home is required? and I will take you up being my friendly realtor.

muir

muir

I'm not sure I understand your question. Is this a rental that you currently occupy? the amount of tim that is allowed for the inspection to occur?

Red Stripe

Red Stripe

sorry. what kind of notice does the landlord have to give the tenant before inspecting/entering rental prop.?

muir

muir

It's dependent on the lease. 24hr is common but it can be whatever the lease says. Bust it out and have a look.

W

Weed Jesus

Muir I have been considering relocating there from Georgia and I like what I have read about the Gilpin co. area however rent there is astronomical compared to the east coast. Any suggestions? I also have 2 dogs that have to come as well....

B

Billyhill

the rental market is blown out in Nederland. The sales market in the Boulder County, Gilpin, Jeffco mountains is kicking too.
If anyone needs a friendly realtor, holler.
I am hollerin'....if you are still here and listening, muir

muir

muir

sorry Billyhill, I let my license expire and I am beyond too busy at the moment.

Top Bottom