Looking for 420 Friendly housing in Colorado Springs

• Thread starter Jeremy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dr420green

Muir, I live in Colorado springs. I am in search of a home. Email so we could talk please. Lilbz24@gmail

muir

muir

Muir, I live in Colorado springs. I am in search of a home. Email so we could talk please. Lilbz24@gmail

I let my license expire in the new year and the Springs is outside of my knowledge base. You need a Springs local agent to help you. Sorry.

JlynnBapple

JlynnBapple

the rental market is blown out in Nederland. The sales market in the Boulder County, Gilpin, Jeffco mountains is kicking too.
If anyone needs a friendly realtor, holler.
I could definitely use some help! I'm looking to move but am having a hard time finding grow friendly landlords. I'm excited to open a new chapter in my life being able to grow but how can I with no where to do it lol. Some helpful direction would be so awesome and greatly appreciated.

JlynnBapple

JlynnBapple

Jeremy, nice to see you in the community. No doubt you've heard of the Waldo Canyon fire, so finding anything available in the Colorado Springs area is likely to be a challenge right now, MMJ friendly or not. I wish you the best of luck, and keep us informed as to your progress?
Where would be an ideal place to grow peacefully but not too far from Denver,if you happen to know?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

For a new resident I think the HG model could work, but I still have issues with advertising potential grow houses. What is keeping someone from noting the residences listed on HG and then waiting six months for a B & E? It seems to favor the landlord, and I am okay with that. I am not clear about whether or not the deposit goes away, but the homeowner has to make enough to make it worth it, and so does HG, it seems like there are an awful lot of mouths to feed, but there is no insurance if there is a robbery or something like that. But if somebody isn't interested in growing in secret, the HG option is a viable option.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Well...im kind of a bad person so I did go ahead and take a look at that. They don't give the exact addresses and a cursory look in about 2 blocks either direction on google maps didn't show any houses that match the HG photos, perhaps with more than a 5 minute google search something could be located...and well if someone really wanted to do that they could just pretend to be interested in the rental to get the address then come back in 4-6 months when whoever does rent it pulls their first crop.

muir

muir

I could definitely use some help! I'm looking to move but am having a hard time finding grow friendly landlords. I'm excited to open a new chapter in my life being able to grow but how can I with no where to do it lol. Some helpful direction would be so awesome and greatly appreciated.

that post is old as shit and I quit real estate. good luck

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Well...im kind of a bad person so I did go ahead and take a look at that. They don't give the exact addresses and a cursory look in about 2 blocks either direction on google maps didn't show any houses that match the HG photos, perhaps with more than a 5 minute google search something could be located...and well if someone really wanted to do that they could just pretend to be interested in the rental to get the address then come back in 4-6 months when whoever does rent it pulls their first crop.
You aren't the only one...

They are getting a lot of calls and emails now, they have started using a general boilerplate reply with very general details and a disclaimer that more details would follow after approval of the app.

I have issues with not knowing how deposits are handled, returned, applied, etc. I don't see a clean way to separate liability from the homeowner and property owner and the person who is growing at the location. Just like having a red card only provides an affirmative defense, signing a document saying you won't break the law doesn't shield the homeowner from potential liability. I am not familiar with any homeowners insurance policy that covers claims arising from legal or illegal marijuana grows.

Just like grow shops can't talk pot 'let's use tomatoes' due to national and not local suppliers, I see the same thing here. No national company would put themselves in a position to cover a claim that covers something that is absolutely illegal at the federal level. There is just no way. The fine folks at housing guru claim that a homeowner only needs insurance to cover everything that happens with a renter that is growing marijuana, but I find it would be nearly impossible to get a claim like this covered and paid if and when shit goes south. A $5,000 deposit wouldn't go very far with a large claim.

I am going to assume that this housing guru company doesn't give out copies of their contracts because they contain riders or fine print that won't cover anything deemed to be illegal, and a local grow would be labeled as such by a national insurance company if a claim was submitted. Obviously this is meaningless unless and until something happens, but it's a nice idea to think about.

Just my two cents

JlynnBapple

JlynnBapple

Thank you guys,responses where very helpful! my apologies I was absent for a bit but it was due to that I have finally made my move to CO! I'm looking forward to new explorations!

xavier7995

xavier7995

Congrats, it is awesome here. Nicest winters of anywhere I have lived and the mountains are awe inspiring.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
West slope is still pretty dope..
affordable and rural...

JlynnBapple

JlynnBapple

Thank you! I ended up settling East CO. I'm loving it here too. So beautiful

eebwen

eebwen

Hello everyone! This is actually my first to the forum, so ah.... SUPER hello! I found this site while trying to find marijuana-friendly housing online.

My fiancee, my brother, and I are relocating to Colorado Springs within the next 30 days and have been struggling to find rentals at all, let alone ones that might be "illuminated". We are in need of two bedrooms and two full bathrooms. We have two small dogs and my disabled brother, who smokes quite heavily due to CVS. My fiance is moving to accept a promotion from her company, so she has work lined up. I'm in the process of earning a bachelors degree in IT, but have about eight months left before I'm through.

For proximity to her work we are primarily looking north Woodman, but lack of availability is looking like it might compromise that requirement. I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right area.

Thanks!

Jeremy
Try a camper

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Try a camper
Intents

sorry i can't help myself

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@Backinblack
Please read the rules. No openly asking, trading, selling any thing on this site.

Thanks

Just a heads up, the Colorado boom has happened already. Real estate prices have doubled or even trippled since the med and rec boom. Good luck finding any type of housing for a decent $.

B

Backinblack

@Backinblack
Please read the rules. No openly asking, trading, selling any thing on this site.

Thanks

Just a heads up, the Colorado boom has happened already. Real estate prices have doubled or even trippled since the med and rec boom. Good luck finding any type of housing for a decent $.

Top Bottom