Looking For A Canna Butter Method That Works

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

What booze? Everclear is sold by only a few retailers here.. dont feel like hunting for it atm. I have everything except the lecithin for the coco. I'll try make the tincture before the weekend.

P

PassTheJ

Just a quick question GT.. When decarbing 4oz on a cookie pan, should I cover it with foil or leave it open?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Edibles just seem to not work for some people, my wife is one. She can barely feel what leaves other people on the floor. I have tried what i make, a buddies hash carmel that is real damn strong, and store bought shit so we had an idea of how much actual thc was present. I dont use the lectin currently, but am going to put it in the next batch to see if it helps.

Anyone have any tipz n trickz to try and make edibles have less of a body load/sleep inducing? I am wondering if it is related to the long cooking time.

My method:
1/4 to a half pound of weed per 1lb butter/16 oz coconut oil. Dump in crockpot, take a picture and put on IG. Pour in water to float it all, it should be enough that you can stir it around. Put crockpot on high to bring to a boil then turn to low...or leave on low...crockpot dependent but you want it to be at a low boil for at least an hour, mine does that if i leave it on low overnight. Once you have some green oil floating around and bubbling it is probably ready. Pour through large cheese cloth lined strainer into a big bowl to quickly seperate solids and liquids and sqeeze the heck out of the bud mass to get all the oil out. Put your big bowl of oil and water in the fridge to solidify and separate, the freezer didnt work so well for me. Once hardened take oil off the top and toss water out, or chug that shit if you wanna be a champion.

Edit: i dont bother with decarbing. You hit high enough temps for a long enough period to get the reaction by bringing the mix to a boil.

gwheels

gwheels

Use sativa to make the oil. Jack Herer or Sour Diesel/train wreck/white widow/ak47 etc. It sure helps.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Theres a chart somewhere..lower temp takes longer to decarb..its a temp vs time chart. ..at low enough temp it takes hours or days to decarb.
I used to decarb at 240d F for 40 minutes until I read somewhere of a study that said 230 d for 130 minutes, so I tried..Not over carbed at all, but even more potent than before (I am a hard hat too)..I use a Levo Machine for 5 hrs at 170d and the butter/oil is super potent. Goes without saying that the better the quality in..the better the product out;)
The latest!
10 27 17 Levo butter
Loaf
Banana Nut loaf

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Edibles just seem to not work for some people, my wife is one. She can barely feel what leaves other people on the floor. I have tried what i make, a buddies hash carmel that is real damn strong, and store bought shit so we had an idea of how much actual thc was present. I dont use the lectin currently, but am going to put it in the next batch to see if it helps.

Anyone have any tipz n trickz to try and make edibles have less of a body load/sleep inducing? I am wondering if it is related to the long cooking time.

My method:
1/4 to a half pound of weed per 1lb butter/16 oz coconut oil. Dump in crockpot, take a picture and put on IG. Pour in water to float it all, it should be enough that you can stir it around. Put crockpot on high to bring to a boil then turn to low...or leave on low...crockpot dependent but you want it to be at a low boil for at least an hour, mine does that if i leave it on low overnight. Once you have some green oil floating around and bubbling it is probably ready. Pour through large cheese cloth lined strainer into a big bowl to quickly seperate solids and liquids and sqeeze the heck out of the bud mass to get all the oil out. Put your big bowl of oil and water in the fridge to solidify and separate, the freezer didnt work so well for me. Once hardened take oil off the top and toss water out, or chug that shit if you wanna be a champion.

Edit: i dont bother with decarbing. You hit high enough temps for a long enough period to get the reaction by bringing the mix to a boil.
For me..I make 2 supplies..one for night time goods (with something like GDP) and one for wake and bake (Super lemon Haze). I sleep like a kid again at night, and Wake and bake in the morning with either a cube or 2 in my coffee or washing down some loaf with canna coffee..Works for me while expensive dispensary stuff did nada..
I use 1/4lb buds x 1lb of butter/oil for 5 hrs at 170d F..good stuff..(my Levo extractor)
Coffee

Levo

xavier7995

xavier7995

Use sativa to make the oil. Jack Herer or Sour Diesel/train wreck/white widow/ak47 etc. It sure helps.
I used ghost train haze once, it was a bit better but still made me damn tired. Generally speaking i am moving towards growing only sativas, fuck yo couchlock lets get weird:drunk2:

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I used ghost train haze once, it was a bit better but still made me damn tired. Generally speaking i am moving towards growing only sativas, fuck yo couchlock lets get weird:drunk2:
I had massive insomnia for over 10 yrs, so I welcome Indicas. I just make sure to smoke them if the bed is nearby..LOL
In my old age, I have to be careful with Sativas, since too much leaves me too jumpy..I have slowly been getting back into light Sativa leaning hybrids of late, and so far, so good. For the past 2 yrs, I have really loved going and staying (except for the inevitable pee breaks) asleep, like when I was a kid:)

gwheels

gwheels

For me..I make 2 supplies..one for night time goods (with something like GDP) and one for wake and bake (Super lemon Haze). I sleep like a kid again at night, and Wake and bake in the morning with either a cube or 2 in my coffee or washing down some loaf with canna coffee..Works for me while expensive dispensary stuff did nada..
I use 1/4lb buds x 1lb of butter/oil for 5 hrs at 170d F..good stuff..(my Levo extractor)View attachment 798537
View attachment 798536
The fancier MGBM. I was tempted to get one of those instead.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The fancier MGBM. I was tempted to get one of those instead.
Not only fancier, but also can adjust both time and temps in one degree increments and NO chopping of the weed.
Downside is that you have to buy the additional double pod to make it strong enough (I have 2x singles and one double, so I can add 14grams or more weed at a clip..the single pod supplied will only hold 1/8 and is no way strong enough for me. I only use bud for my oil/butter..trim goes to hash.

Biggest plus of all..NO SPINNING LEDS..LMAO

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I use 1/4lb buds x 1lb of butter/oil for 5 hrs at 170d F..good stuff..(my Levo extractor)View attachment 798537
View attachment 798536
BIGLY WHOOPS..lmao
1/4-1/2 OUNCE NOT POUND..Holy crap..I would be dead..

P

PassTheJ

I got 4oz decarbing as I write this. Should I,
half way through open my oven and mix around the bud or just leave it as is the whole way through?

gwheels

gwheels

MGBM is not very covert but wow does it make a bunch of noises with a fancy light show. You put in whole buds and don't chop it has a propeller thing that grinds it as it goes. I run it in the garage. I think i could fit 6 oz in it with 4 cups of coconut oil. I freeze it for later use. Next time I do it i think i will put it in ice cube trays so i don't have to chip it with a knife from the freezer :D

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

MGBM is not very covert but wow does it make a bunch of noises with a fancy light show. You put in whole buds and don't chop it has a propeller thing that grinds it as it goes. I run it in the garage. I think i could fit 6 oz in it with 4 cups of coconut oil. I freeze it for later use. Next time I do it i think i will put it in ice cube trays so i don't have to chip it with a knife from the freezer :D
I bought a silicone MINI ice cube tray on ebay (2 for $10) each holds 60 mini cubes..makes dosing easy.

P

PassTheJ

So I decarbed 4 oz @ 230° for 110 minutes. Came out looking really nice. In the MBM with 2 cups of Coco Oil and a tablespoon of Lecithin.

In 2 hours, hopefully I'll have a strong batch of butter.. Otherwise I dumped 4 oz. LMAO

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Just to make sure, I smoked a lil during the decarbing process..still knocked my socks off, but 4 ounces is a bigly test..LOL

P

PassTheJ

Just to make sure, I smoked a lil during the decarbing process..still knocked my socks off, but 4 ounces is a bigly test..LOL

It's either a guarantee or I wont try it again... Tomorrow I'm making 4 oz with 1 liter Everclear 190.. See how that works out..

Latest posts

Top Bottom