Looking for a real skunk strain.

• Thread starter Afghi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Afghi420

Afghi420

Trying to find myself a good strain to keep for a few years. I wouldn't mind going with an Indica dominant skunk strain, something with a good couchlock high that lasts would be what im looking for. I really want a skunk strain that actually smells like skunk. I have had thus once before and it was very sweet. From what i have read, i was going to go with Sensi Skunk, as it sounds like it has what im looking for. I already have a lemon skunk, it doesnt have the skunk smell, it is pure lemon, but still a nice strain. About 10 years ago or more i had an Afghi strain that was the best smoke i have ever had. The strain flowered in about 45 days, was a small plant, low yeilding, the buds had no red hair, not much crystal at all, but the buds were very sticky with resin. The smell was amazing, strong like a true skunk but different. The high was a 4 hour long couchlock, drooling high. I have been trying with no luck to find this strain again, i dont know what it was, just know it was an Afghi located in New Brunswick, Canada, about 10-15 years ago. I would really like to find this strain, but since it is kind of hard to explain the smell to people, i have decided to just go with a true skunk, as the skunk i had before that had the real skunk smell was probably the second bext smoke i have ever had after the Afghi. Any help on either one of these strains would be much appreciated.

Afghi420

Afghi420

Canna venture and reserva privada both have a road kill skunk variety.

outwest

What are those places you named, seedhouses? Do you know the name of the skunk strains they have? I will take a look anyway and see if i can find them.

jyip

jyip

i would think you could find skunk if ya want,,,,you should heck out seedbankupdate.com,,,that's greenman's website, its been there for years and has aton of info on strains , and reputable seedbanks that ship worldwide with credit card, cash, or money order anywhere,,, some are better than others....I have recelt used attitude seedbank and it arived 9 days later at my door, no problem and alot of freebie seeds (21)too cuz i spent $400., plus it was insured and trackable to my door.

you haftA find an old hippie that saves seeds to find that old skunk,,,,, im getting ready tom hopefully pop some seeds from early 1980's skunkgani,,,,back then this stuff stunk up your wholeyard, never mind house, stinky skunk,,,, my mom used to hafta tell her friends that we had askunk problem cuz of the smel, and at harvet time she had no guests atall..lol.....in fact i have pictures from 40 years ago in front of a bunch of plants and should have fat assed fan leavea on them

anyhow good luck,, it these things pop and give me the sick stink skunk, ill post pics n stff for ya anyhow

but check out seedbankupdate.com and then go into where you can look at the sedebanks

jyip

jyip

here ya go i got the link for you witha search for skunk...good luck, read up and order away if ya find her ! ............
just in case first one dont work,,,, pretty of unks tho

Afghi420

Afghi420

here ya go i got the link for you witha search for skunk...good luck, read up and order away if ya find her ! ............
just in case first one dont work,,,, pretty of unks tho

I have been through some seedbanks, thanks though. I usually go through Attitude. I know there are tons of skunk strains out there, i just don't think of a plant as skunk when it smells like fruit, or pine, or whatever, know what i mean? I've thought about it, and i guess some people depending where in the world they live might not have skunks, the animal, so there for they have no clue what a skunk actually smells like, in which case you would have no expectations from a skunk strain.. I have actually had real skunk though, the stuff you are talking about that is super stinky, like a half gram in a bag would smell your entire house up, that kind of stuff.. If you have smelled real skunk weed before, then there is no mistaking it, i just hate how i go through all of these seedhouses looking at skunk strains, and they always smell like something different then skunk... I guess i just feel that that smell is so freaking amazing, why would you want to breed it out of the plant? And i know what you mean, i have also walked into a store with a joint behind my ear, or a bag in my pocket and had someone ask me if i just ran over a skunk...

jyip

jyip

I have actually had real skunk though, the stuff you are talking about that is super stinky, like a half gram in a bag would smell your entire house up, that kind of stuff.. If you have smelled real skunk weed before, then there is no mistaking it, i just hate how i go through all of these seedhouses looking at skunk strains, and they always smell like something different then skunk...
i ll keep ya posted w/pics if these old seeds pop, but i hear ya on skunkweed,, a cousibn of mine used to grow it soley,and was known is this area for it,,,now that ya got me thinkina bout it, i might hit him up and see if he has any seeds or not from then, but last skunk i had was sick! and it came out a a bag of real nice mids,,,, and what serious from skunk machine them seeds where,,,, i had to buy a real xmass tree to help mask the smell from it and it flowered up fast, prolly 7 weeks, and was acrystal/trich madwoman , sticky and stinky all the way,,,,but i lost that strain to the lpcal police, kinda fititing as they both stink of the same smell!

im ordering NL #9 for my old scholl smoke

BigBang Bones

BigBang Bones

*waits patiently 'till they invent 'puters in Smell-O-Rama...:p

Afghi420

Afghi420

i ll keep ya posted w/pics if these old seeds pop, but i hear ya on skunkweed,, a cousibn of mine used to grow it soley,and was known is this area for it,,,now that ya got me thinkina bout it, i might hit him up and see if he has any seeds or not from then, but last skunk i had was sick! and it came out a a bag of real nice mids,,,, and what serious from skunk machine them seeds where,,,, i had to buy a real xmass tree to help mask the smell from it and it flowered up fast, prolly 7 weeks, and was acrystal/trich madwoman , sticky and stinky all the way,,,,but i lost that strain to the lpcal police, kinda fititing as they both stink of the same smell!

im ordering NL #9 for my old scholl smoke

yah i hear ya about the weed being known.. my old afghi strain was kind of famous in my area, it is still remembered by many people 10 years later and talked about still. there are alot of crosses still floating around my local area now, i believe they are all crosses from the original.. A lot of people around here seem to think that the crosses floating around now are true afghi, but i call it 'halfi' cause it aint no real afghhi thats for sure.. it might still be bomb smoke, but it doesn't compare to the original afghi, and if you smoked the original you would know what i mean. some of the afghi around now is ok, some doesn't quite have the smell, and some has the smell more then others, but 'none' of the stuff around today has even close to the high that the old stuff had, ive only once in my life smoked something that truely lasted a good 4-5 hours like the afghi did.. i have been trying to find a skunk instead of a good afghi just because it is a lot easier to describe what a skunk smells like then what 'afghi' smells like.. another thing i tend to try and look for when im searching for my old afghi strain is a strain that looks kind of shitty, i see a lot of afghi strains, but they always seem to have lots of red hair or crystal, yet the old afghi i had was pretty crappy looking stuff, leafy with no crystal or red hairs, yet it was the best shit you would ever smell or smoke..

Afghi420

Afghi420

Skunk is basically ........indica. Skunk#1 is not a Skunk strain at all its a stabilized hybrid. Ghani's and Paki's are where the skunk terpines originate from.

So do some of the Paki strains have the deep rich smell as well? have looked at a few pakistani strains before, just because they are from the same region i figured they would be somewhat similar. Im not sure of the actual strain name of the old afghi i had, it was a fairly small plant indoors and out, never yielded much more then an ounce a plant, and for being some pretty leafy crappy looking stuff it was seriously deceiving. I liked that about it ;)

Afghi420

Afghi420

Afghi420...where you at? Ive got a landrace Ill share with you,it fits the bill nicely. I as others have been on this mission for years. Hunting the old ghanis and hybrids. Ive got a few, PG13,G13/HP 1988 sensi seed stock at the f2 and f3. Diesel's have skunky tones....depends when harvested. Mind you tho depending on your skill level...or luck it could take you a few runs to figure out. The old grower that I once upon a time obtained the skunk from....exact words were.." if seedlings dont stink...thy are no good." After growing it I seen what he meant...

Actually I grew ALOT of the old sensi seed lines.....and I reminber the ruderalis skunk cross thy sold was good and skunky. However Nevil no longer breeds fro them..so i dont buy thm. Who was it.....was gonna release the skunk.....???? Dogless???? comes to mind....

Im in eastern Canada. Yes the Afghi's have a very beautiful smell. The roadkill skunk's smell amazing as well, probably the second best ive ever had after the afghi. Thing is ive seen a few, actually grew one out too, i think it was pure afghani from DNA. It didn't turn out very good though, had the apple smell that i have seen described, but apples don't smell anything like the old afghi i remember. So the diesel's have a good smell do they? Ive never had a real diesel yet, although from their popularity i figured they probably smell pretty strong. If it were an actual fuel smell then i wouldnt like that, i actually smoked some weed before that smelled like keroseen or something. I would like to find a real skunk auto, would be nice. If i could find an auto that actually smelled like a skunk, had a somewhat decent yield and nice couchlock high i would probably stick with the auto's for awhile. Im growing 4 right now, so i will let this grow be my final opinion on autoflowers, ive got 6 pandora, 5 snowstorm (orange bud), 1 auto ak and 1 critical jack. Ive had a few auto's but nothing that i cared for really. i know what you mean about the plants smelling in clone form and throughout veg, my old afghi smelled always. I would love to get into TLO growing and have that old afghi, damn that would be sweet. anyway, if you know of anything that truely has that smell that is so strong you can always smell it in veg type plant i would be very interested in that, or just something that always has either that deep afghi funk or a roadkill skunk smell, and something with a crazy couchlock high is actually more important to me then the smell, well a close second. anyway thanks for the info, stay in touch if you are constantly dabbling in the funky stuff;)

Afghi420

Afghi420

Ok bro you need to find reisbi or something like that was his handle. A canadian..try unleashdagreen. Those guys been doing it for a minute. Thy actually have a nice auto....afghani...very popular up there. Hard to get for peeps in the states. Again..tho learn all you can about provideing your plants 110 percent. And thn it could take you a number of runs to figure it out....do not judge a strain by your first run with it.

Also I dont waste my time or space on seed very often. Elites if real are just that....keepers that have been found, and are proven worthy. Some yield better than others ofcourse. THo DJ's work and Dr Atomic.....Ive heard great things. DR atomic BBxNL.....is highly acclaimed.

What was your g13/HP like? I have had a couple hashplants that i liked. The california hashplant sounds ok, just saw an article about that strain in a magazine. I guess i am truely after a strain with a very nice couchlock type high, if i found a strain that had the type of high i liked and lasted atleast 2-3 hours then i really couldn't care what it smelled like, having the smell i really love would just be a great added bonus, but the high comes first for me. Maybe i should stop focusing on the smell/high combo so much and worry about the high mainly, once i atleast get a strain with the high i love then i can take my time and try and find something better. My snowstorm are going to be finished within 2 weeks and they are actually smelling very nice. take it easy man.

marski420

marski420

If you want a really nice couch lock high with a bomb taste kush is where its at.. lots of the kush here in Ontario is skunky /musky/earthy. If you find some special kush I can bet anything you would love it.

Afghi420

Afghi420

If you want a really nice couch lock high with a bomb taste kush is where its at.. lots of the kush here in Ontario is skunky /musky/earthy. If you find some special kush I can bet anything you would love it.

I was just checking out the holy grail kush online the other day, it sounds like a safe bet i would like it.. I know the OG kush's seem to be very popular as well, got to be a reason for that ;)

Top Bottom