Looking for a real skunk strain.

• Thread starter Afghi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pennypacker

According to the Attitude.

Shoreline Seeds Sensi SK x Oasis Shoreline is an old Sensi Skunk strain which made its way to the USA and there a group in Texas selected it. Sometime later, after a Grateful Dead concert in the Shoreline Amphitheater, the clone received its name and began to spread around the world. From what we know the original Shoreline has been long lost but somewhere along the way someone of this crew made a cross of Shoreline with an Oasis male from Dutch Passion in order to preserve the strain. Again it was grown out and another clone was selected and this is the clone we are using today. This is one of the stinkiest strains we have ever used. It has the really strong aroma of an old school skunk. What makes it unique is that the smell comes through on the taste. It is unusual to find a strain that carries a smell and flavor that are the same. This is an 8-week strain with an old skunk look, very easy to grow, with a fast flower. She turns purple after week 6 and begins to smell the room. Shoreline is a must strain for everyone and will make anyone’s top list. We have been honored to work with this strain and now we can bring this unique clone to seed form by making S1 seeds.

I know oasis is NL2. And the sensi skunk strain I tried didn't smell too skunky. I'm a little skeptical but never tried it. Anyone grow this one out?

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

I really appreciate you guys going outa your way to show some lineage. My main concern is getting a decent price so i can try em out. Im my mind i love getting feedback but im a hands on kinda farmer.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
@Bo0m where'd the rest your comments go lol

med man

med man

Breeder
shoreline = original nl#2 cut circa 1978 pnw

i could see how the name stuck, considering there is something very dead/rotten in the terp profile

aka

- purple skunk
- purple nl
- purple thai

was lucky enuff to be acquanted with devils harvest in a'dam 2014. identical to my purple thai.

to find rks out cross to a good skunky male.

old world genes in the original clone

med-man

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

shoreline = original nl#2 cut circa 1978 pnw

i could see how the name stuck, considering there is something very dead/rotten in the terp profile

aka

- purple skunk
- purple nl
- purple thai

was lucky enuff to be acquanted with devils harvest in a'dam 2014. identical to my purple thai.

to find rks out cross to a good skunky male.

old world genes in the original clone

med-man
When you say "purple skunk" are you referring to the amazing tasting skunk from the islands that eventually was dubbed God bud, albeit different from most the god bud I see today.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Shoreline is not purple. Shoreline is not northern lights. TX shoreline is the best and the if TX shoreline hit Europe and Amsterdam devils harvest would have some explaining to do. People have grown it forever and it was grown by a father and son in Houston or Galveston. Many people have been tricked and let down by devils harvest fake shoreline. Most people in Dallas or anywhere outside of Houston have never even heard of it. It goes for $500 an ounce if you're lucky enough to get it. Anyone who has ever tried Houston shoreline will tell you its the best strain they have ever had. Not purple and not a northern lights. In Europe they smoke fake cookies, fake bubba, fake og, fake sour d, fake Chemdog and fake shoreline.
Yeah sorry for the misunderstanding, I am aware of the skunky shoreline from Texas but have never seen her. I just smoked some "purple skunk" one time in bc and it was amazing roadkill so I was curious if that is what @med man was referencing. Do you have some photos of shoreline?

med man

med man

Breeder
Hey dude

I only bred with her. And only jave pics if the clone when I got her.

I haven't made any vids or takin many pics in like 2 years almost. Plus my flagship seed are all indre lines now. So I kill off my harem and am starting from seed. I took a 12 MO th hiatus writing sop and retrofitting a GH for a pharmaceutical company. But i am back in action. I have some ptsd going right now I can take pics of? Every cross the purple thai is in she totally dominates. It's really crazy. Will post some up later

med-man

Afghi

Afghi

Trying to find myself a good strain to keep for a few years. I wouldn't mind going with an Indica dominant skunk strain, something with a good couchlock high that lasts would be what im looking for. I really want a skunk strain that actually smells like skunk. I have had thus once before and it was very sweet. From what i have read, i was going to go with Sensi Skunk, as it sounds like it has what im looking for. I already have a lemon skunk, it doesnt have the skunk smell, it is pure lemon, but still a nice strain. About 10 years ago or more i had an Afghi strain that was the best smoke i have ever had. The strain flowered in about 45 days, was a small plant, low yeilding, the buds had no red hair, not much crystal at all, but the buds were very sticky with resin. The smell was amazing, strong like a true skunk but different. The high was a 4 hour long couchlock, drooling high. I have been trying with no luck to find this strain again, i dont know what it was, just know it was an Afghi located in New Brunswick, Canada, about 10-15 years ago. I would really like to find this strain, but since it is kind of hard to explain the smell to people, i have decided to just go with a true skunk, as the skunk i had before that had the real skunk smell was probably the second bext smoke i have ever had after the Afghi. Any help on either one of these strains would be much appreciated.
I saw this post i posted a few years back.. i went through quite a few strains trying to find something that had the kind of smell i was looking for. Well i did finally find a great strain that stinks with the kind of pungeant smell i was looking for. I popped a bagseed i found in a bag of rockstar kush a couple years back and am still growing it today. Im so glad i found a strain that i can stick with without having to switch from strain to strain all the time. It is nice to grow the same strain always as you get to know the strain really good and know what to expect. This rockstar kush comes from medi man and is really a great strain. I have been smoking nothing but rockstar for a couple years, except i did run out recenlt because i moved and didn't have z room set up until recently, but i can honestly say that i have no problem at all with smoking this same strain every single day and not having a variety. I would rather smokenthe same shit for the rest of my life if i found my old afghi strain again then jump from one weak ass smelless strain to another like i was doing before i got my hands on this rockstar.

med man

med man

Breeder
A couple of aromas that are super potent besides the road kill skunk are the ones with a cat piss , ammonia smell. The katsu cut of bubba kush, and the Houston cut of island sweet skunk have the cat piss aroma. My pot of gold has a very classic old school skunk taste and potency but is not quite road kill. Any suggestions on creating a road kill by using cat piss/ammonia strains and crossing them to the original skunks? My observation is that sweet and fruity strains such as tangie, blueberry, agent orange or anything sweet kills potency and neutralizes skunk aromas, in a cross. I love sour strains, though. My customers don't like sativa because they are weak, with a few exceptions. The exceptions would be sour d, Chemdog, TX shoreline and the original skunks.

hey dude

i am finding a ton of raod-killish phenos in my head-band crosses

hb x pk
hb x skunk #1
hb x og
hb x silver skunk

and there is some real road kill in my silver skunk line as well. a good master kush is a good route to take too. to use in crosses

usually skunk #1 willma ek kushes into strawverry and raspberyy etc when crossed to real fuley kushes

got a nice road kill selection from my purpe head-band. i am wondering what would happen if i crossed her one of my road-kill lines

i have another road-kill project i am flowering now - rks x conkushion. looks good so far

med-man

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I will post some pics soon. It has a leaf curl on the edges of the leaf that looks like heat stress , that is the real Houston shoreline. What I have is TX shoreline x deadhead and it has the leaf curl also making it recognizable even in veg. Pictures of the original are out there, just look for pictures from 2007 from Mr. Burns and other Houston people. TX shoreline is more than amazing. It is hands down the best strain. Nothing comes close. I live in Colorado and have access to legit cuts of anything. Every strain out there is just combinations of the same stuff, boring stuff with ridiculous names. Shoreline buds look very old school and pictures don't do it justice, many strains look prettier and denser. It is the most potent strain I have, yields heavy and has a taste that everyone loves.
Word, I want to try some of this I to live in co springs. You mentioned the sweet and fruity strains are weak and I totaly agree.
I have a sweet catpiss pheno of sk#1 that's been around a long time but if you don't grow her just right it's usually to weak for my liking.

med man

med man

Breeder
the trick is to find a good mexican.

i found a good road-kill in my chocolate kush line. it just dies off once the bag is opened and the chocolate takes over

i would say a strong skunky kush x a strong smelling reg mexican would give a great rks line

med-man

med man

med man

Breeder
The 2 rks cuts thay came to dominate the and Ian market all had afghanica expressions. One had ferret raspberry looking bugs

The other had massive thai cola. But same signature skunk leafs

med-man

FarmeR.Jay

FarmeR.Jay

Been reading through this thread for a while I've been on the forums for the longest finally made an account & I really wanna try some of these "stinky body odor"
Strains could anybody point me in the right directions
Farmer.jay

Latest posts

Top Bottom