Looking For Chem

• Thread starter Sherlock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sherlock

Hey all,
About three years ago I was gifted many cuts from a friend more well connected than I ever thought anyone I would ever know would be. Among some of those elites was a cut of Chemdog 91. He told me it was given to him and at that time was told it was the Chemdog 91 Skunk VA cut. I knew about this strain, chemdog anyway. I was actually lucky enough to live nextdoor to someone who grew it exclusively. He called it chemdog, but looking back it may have also been the cut I have, or very similar. However in the last three years of research, open information, etc, I have become increasingly excited about this cut and all other Chem cuts.

One issue though...

During a second conversation about the cut, my buddy told me it was the Skunk VA Reunion Cut. Now, wait a second, isn't that two different things? At least as far as my brain remembers, the Skunk VA is the true Chemdog 91 cut. The reunion cut is the Chemdog #4. Like I said, I think this is the way it is, so this gets me thinking which one do I have? After looking at some pics from pBud and SkunkVA I think it may actually be the Chemdog #4 but I will honestly say I have never given her a good run, just been hanging on to her like something I know is valuable but just don't know what to do with yet.

Well know I know. Time to get the Chemdog 91 (or whatever it is) rolling hard and see what exactly I have here. I have just restarted the mom and transplanted a second clone into a solo cup for a quick run in the near future. After that, clone the Chemdog 91 mom and run a full room of her, get the most accurate pics I can, and then reach out to any and all who have run this amazing plant, maybe even pBud, Chemdog, JoeBrand, Skunk VA, I'm sure I leaving some out, but maybe I can even convince them to weigh in an opinion on what she looks like.

Below is a pic of the new mom, until the action starts I guess we will have to just keep thinking about all that awesome chem history and what it (and he, and them) has/have contributed to this fantastic community.

Sherlock

Chem91 mother repot
blazeup420

blazeup420

Cool. Did you cut the leaves because the tips were burnt before or another reason? Just curious as I recently cut some burn off

S

Sherlock

Oh k really, cause I'm looking at cloning soon hey what's the concept behind it?
I think it was to eliminate surface area of the leaf, therefore limiting the amount the plant would respire. I have also heard it was to prevent the tips from dying and drying up. Also that it gives more room in the clone dome for other clones. Like I said, I know if you are using a dome it is not needed, there is enough humidity trapped, but I still find myself doing it time and time again.

Sherlock

S

Sherlock

Well, mom is coming along nicely, about another month and I think she will be ready to give! Can't wait to get this girl going again! Nuts how different she looks from clone transplant.

Sherlock

ChemTop 2
ChemSide
Krypto

Krypto

Lookin' good Holmes ol' boy. We've got a ton of strains that have Chem something as a parent. And STARDOG F2 is our "pure" Chem. To comment on the "reunion pheno" it was JB that said it reminded him of the original when talking about the Chemdog #4.

Funk junky

Funk junky

I think it was to eliminate surface area of the leaf, therefore limiting the amount the plant would respire. I have also heard it was to prevent the tips from dying and drying up. Also that it gives more room in the clone dome for other clones. Like I said, I know if you are using a dome it is not needed, there is enough humidity trapped, but I still find myself doing it time and time again.

Sherlock
I still do it but not entirely nescacary roots a little faster

Krypto

Krypto

That's how i was tought. But i see others do it, and they don't chop the ends. That works too.

Funk junky

Funk junky

just run sunshine #4 chem pheno probally best weed ive had toss up with ssh

Krypto

Krypto

Nice n Chunky! I've had Sunshine Daydream...but not the Sunshine 4. Looks awesome bro, and I bet it's the bomb.

S

Sherlock

Anyone have any pics of the Chemdog 91 finished off, I have found a few online but would love to see as many examples as I can to compare my cut too. Or the Chemdog #4? If mine is not 91 the person that gave to me said it may be the 4 instead. Thanks Farm, Ill post a few pics of the mom soon, shes ready to give!
Sherlock

Top Bottom