Looking For Some Wisdom!

• Thread starter Stonedraider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stonedraider

Hey Gus, Seems to be a bit of a common thing but I’ve left my baby alone for a a couple days only to come back and find the pesky whiteflies,
I’m about two weeks out from harvest, if I was to pick early would the buggers just go away!
Or should I try to get rid of them

Monster762

Monster762

Hey Gus, Seems to be a bit of a common thing but I’ve left my baby alone for a a couple days only to come back and find the pesky whiteflies,
I’m about two weeks out from harvest, if I was to pick early would the buggers just go away!
Or should I try to get rid of them
Ahh. No chemicals at this point obviously. Do you have sticky fly tape? It will cut back on anything flying. I’ve never had whitefly so not sure how bad they are.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Ahh. No chemicals at this point obviously. Do you have sticky fly tape? It will cut back on anything flying. I’ve never had whitefly so not sure how bad they are.
Agree about the traps..also if you grow in a tent and have an exhaust fan..Suck the little bastards up with it..I have a 440cuft per minute and use this for getting rid of an occasional flyer that escaped the sticky trap.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah sweet thanks! I’ve got an arsenal of sticky traps and I’ll keep the suckers at bay for the next two weeks
ya your too close to the finish line for chems. a shop vac plus sticky traps will help to get to harvest. Word of warning be very careful with the shop vac tho. things can and do get ugly real fast if you get too close to the buds. I had a few colas get sucked down the tube, my bro still smoked em and called it the Craftsman cut. Craftsman shop vac that is.

We finally got a system going tho. Have a helper shake the plants to agitate the WF's and then be on the ready with your sucker hose. You will be surprised how many of them pests you can suck right out of the air........

newh

newh

if you have a minute and a shopvac get busy sucking bugs ,hopefully not too many get stuck in your nugs

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

if you have a minute and a shopvac get busy sucking bugs ,hopefully not too many get stuck in your nugs
yeah..I saw that on a Utube Video..some super British grower was sucking the mites off the leaves with a vac..Just be careful (maybe use something smaller like a dustvac)..and don't suck up too many buds..LOL

S

Stonedraider

Once I’ve picked are these guys going to continue to give me problems, during drying
Would putting the plant in a bag and leaving it in the sun for a day possibly kill these suckers

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Once I’ve picked are these guys going to continue to give me problems, during drying
Would putting the plant in a bag and leaving it in the sun for a day possibly kill these suckers

I wouldn’t do that if i were you it is not recommended from what i read as high temps makes terpenes vaporize and uv light dimishes thc also in an enclosed container with wet buds is an invitation for mold. Look into washing your buds i do a wash if the plant is dirty, it works well. 1 bucket with h2o2 and water, 1 bucket with lemon juice and baking soda and water, 1 with hot and 1 with cold water, dunk them in swirl it around for 30 seconds hang to dry, the process would remove lots of the debris.

Top Bottom