Loompa Farms Silver Bubster F3 pheno hunt

• Thread starter GrowAholiC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

Yes i ve grown quite a few. I can tell you when I see a stem like that at dirt level I think two things ... Pathogens in the soil or soil is too rich or moist for seedlings. I would ignore the fact that they are small and focus on the clone . I get almost exactly 50 50 male to female ratio every year i crack beans. I find that if a sprout is having a hard time 90+% of the time it is environmental or situational.

I respectfully disagree that environmental conditions caused 6 runts out of a 10 pack of Silver Bubster's. I have them in Happy Frog soil and there is nothing rich about Happy Frog. The plants were just watered before taking the pictures because they are about to be sexed, and I don't see pathogens being in a brand new bag of the Frog. If it were environmental conditions what would explain the other 4 Bubsters being completely healthy while in the exact same conditions. I have other Loompa Farms gear growing in the same area as well and all of them are 100%. I considered the runts to be normal when popping seeds finding pheno's. At least that's my experience. Now I realize 6 runts out of a 10 pack is not completely normal but it can and does happen. I am not stressing about the them. Just wanted to share the progress is all. And like you said, I am going to focus on the clones off of them and see what we can find there.

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms
DSCN2276
a silver bubster for you my friend, so you can stay positive. You have the right idea by focusing on the clones, and I am confident it will work out well for you. I have been called to diagnose several sudden deaths of mature plants this year. The culprit seems to be some sort of pythium or fusarium type systemic disease most likely starting young. Several plants exhibited slow growth, weak flower formation and almost stem rot like growth on stems. plants eventually wilt like they are thirsty and die a slow death. Not all were the same and I m not saying thats what you have . Fox farms is not my favorite line although ive used it in the past. They are close by so i would love to use them but i dont for several reasons. I like to start my beans in peat w about 10% perlite. Then when they are ready i tease them on to some liquid fertilizers.

Last edited:
GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

View attachment 447895 a silver bubster for you my friend, so you can stay positive. You have the right idea by focusing on the clones, and I am confident it will work out well for you. I have been called to diagnose several sudden deaths of mature plants this year. The culprit seems to be some sort of pythium or fusarium type systemic disease most likely starting young. Several plants exhibited slow growth, weak flower formation and almost stem rot like growth on stems. plants eventually wilt like they are thirsty and die a slow death. Not all were the same and I m not saying thats what you have . Fox farms is not my favorite line although ive used it in the past. They are close by so i would love to use them but i dont for several reasons. I like to start my beans in peat w about 10% perlite. Then when they are ready i tease them on to some liquid fertilizers.

That is astonishing! Amazing beautiful cola. Cant wait for a looker like that in the room in about 8-10 weeks:DThat's crazy about the systemic disease. Sounds like an advanced knowledge needed occurrence and something I need to maybe keep an eye out on. As far as Fox Farm goes the Frog is the only product I use from them. Like yourself and many other growers I've started seeds off and grown in many different mediums and mixes. Pro-mix, Amended CoCo, Ocean Forest, Roots Organics, Black and Gold, Pure CoCo,Ideal 420 soil, Hand mixed mediums, etc, etc, And for me at the end of the day the Frog holds it down over all of them while keeping things simple. I feed similar to the same way as you stated of teasing them onto fertilizers. Can't wait for them Bubster's to be looking like what you got going there :woot::woot::woot:

Last edited:
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@GrowAholiC
Knowledge from the @Oom pah pah and from @loompa is always well worth hanging out for, getting the 411 on the bubsters is making me want to get an order of um going myself. I am lovin the Yeti and the size of My moondawg but cant wait to see how you do with you SilverBs
stay positive and keep um green G man
Super Loompa Grow vibes to yaz
FlyJ

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Out of curiousity how did the runts turn out?Did they ever catch back up and did you take clones?

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

Out of curiousity how did the runts turn out?Did they ever catch back up and did you take clones?

While getting the runts whipped into shape from seed two of them showed to be males so they got tossed. I took clones of the the remaining 4 runts and every single runt rooted out quite quickly with no issues. I wonder how they will compare against the normal Bubster clones....

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

I loved the bubsters! really did, but I was an impatient dickhead when I got mine (2 weeks veg) and at day 64 was drooling already, I swear to god grow that the cure on this strain dbls its potency!

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

I loved the bubsters! really did, but I was an impatient dickhead when I got mine (2 weeks veg) and at day 64 was drooling already, I swear to god grow that the cure on this strain dbls its potency!

That is a very positive statement to look forward to. I can't wait for the Bubster's to finish, and can't wait to try that double potency cure :)

alligator

alligator

Probably not related at all.. but whenever I pop my seeds(I put mine in a shotglass with shallow spring water, less than 10ml), I've found that I sometimes have issues with the ones who's tap roots get too long. The issue is usually a weak main stem, or dampening off.
Now, I get em in the dirt before they get longer than a 1/4" inch.
Like I said probably not related, but I noticed a handful of those seeds had a pretty long tap root.

Plants looking good now, bubba x silver haze sounds like a great cross! Big fan of sativa x indica.
Looking forward to seeing these girls grow!

Power OG

Power OG

Probably not related at all.. but whenever I pop my seeds(I put mine in a shotglass with shallow spring water, less than 10ml), I've found that I sometimes have issues with the ones who's tap roots get too long. The issue is usually a weak main stem, or dampening off.
Like I said probably not related, but I noticed a handful of those seeds had a pretty long tap root.

Plants looking good now, bubba x silver haze sounds like a great cross! Big fan of sativa x indica.
It's actually (SSH/NL x SoCal Master kush x Bubba kush) should be be a epic cross imo.
Respect & Positive Vibes

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

They sure did have long tails didn't they? That might have been an issue. Because I'm the same as you and like to get them into soil when there's that 1/4" tail poking out.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Ya know I never paid attention to that point you both just made........so maybe when ya see em crackin good pull em out and throw em into whatever medium you veggin em in!? I'll have to try this next run!

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

Ya know I never paid attention to that point you both just made........so maybe when ya see em crackin good pull em out and throw em into whatever medium you veggin em in!? I'll have to try this next run!

It sure is a thought. My problem is when seeds haven't germinated for me one day, I will usually wait to the next day (24 hours). It's like within that 24 hours the seeds have super germinated and have the long tails.

THE PERFECT TIMING FOR WHEN I LIKE TO PLANT SEEDS.

BY THE TIME I GET TO THEM MOST HAVE A DECENTLY LONG TAIL.

alligator

alligator

Lol ain't that the truth, they really get going during the 24-48hr mark.
I used to plant em all at once but had the 'some roots too long issue' and have since accepted the fact that once I drop em in the shot glass, I'm on full alert.
I check em at 24hrs, plant whichever ones have roots showing, then check on em every 4-6 hours or so and plant em as they pop.

I pay too much for these seeds to slack on em... it's not like the old days when a strain would be around for years & could be had for $20-$50 a pack. Nowadays, on some of these strains you're lucky if you can even score 1 pack...
C'est la vie

Top Bottom